• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Got around to Whittleton Creek this month. I will echo some of the criticisms I read in this thread about it being a bit of a blander level in regards to level design and opportunities. 5 full houses and 2 partial houses is a bit small. Still, it's a cool slice of life level and it will be fun for contracts. It is the level I think I want a bonus mission for the most. I like the large variety of exits that have unique ways of unlocking like the paddle exit. I think it could use one more default suit starting location on the other side of the map.

Although I do appreciate IO putting in a large variety of outfits in their levels to allow for more options in contracts mode (Miami has a freakin ton), are there a number of kinda useless outfits in the Whittleton Creek or have a I just not found its use. Is the plumber outfit used for anything. I thought maybe it would be the one disguise that you could sabotage the fire hydrants without suspicion but it doesn't do that. I suppose it allows you into the empty house but it's...well, empty so you don't really have to worry about enforcers. What about the politician and his assistant? I could see that being fun for contracts mode but it feels like there's a mission story there that I haven't discovered yet.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Managed to SA the Hokkaido elusive after 1 misfire. First try I was told the target was getting rhinoplasty...so I killed the guy with a bandaged nose. Non-target killed.

Second go I got the intel myself and found the guy with one eye in the sauna. Super easy to SA when you know the layout of the level.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was trying to do the Shaman challenge where you poison five people while dressed as the Shaman yesterday and thought that the guard that goes into the garage at Rico's mansion to snort cocaine would be an easy target. I poisoned the cocaine and hid in the nearby cabinet. He came in, snorted the poisoned cocaine and then went back outside. That particular guard seems to be immune to poisoned cocaine.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Just used the explosive smartphone for the first time. God it made me laugh. Blew poor Penelope's head off in the green house, she didn't know what hit her.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just used the explosive smartphone for the first time. God it made me laugh. Blew poor Penelope's head off in the green house, she didn't know what hit her.
I love the chiptune Ave Maria ringtone. The phone is one of the most versatile items in the game. It's non-suspicious and can be used as a thrown distraction, a placed distraction, a remote audio distraction, non-lethal throwable, and remote explosive. I'm probably even forgetting some uses.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shaman challenges were fun, bit easy.
Wish there was a bit more content every week, featured contracts for instance.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Hooray manged to do the ET. Took about 45mins but got the right guy, drowned him in a toilet.

He had a shit day....

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a list of items that we could unlock in Season 1, but that are not in Hitman 2?

Like the hammer, the crystal ball, the katana and all the stuff like that.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I can't find the way to unlock the antique lethal syringe in Hitman 2.
The antique lethal syringe, the hammer, and the katana (Masamune) were unlocked via the challenge packs in Hitman 2016. None of those challenge packs are included in the Hitman 2 legacy maps. I'd guess that the TAC-4 S/A Jungle, from the Scarecrow challenge pack on Colorado, and the TAC-4 AR Desert, from the Master Fortune Teller challenge pack on Marrakesh are also not available in Hitman 2.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
The antique lethal syringe, the hammer, and the katana (Masamune) were unlocked via the challenge packs in Hitman 2016. None of those challenge packs are included in the Hitman 2 legacy maps. I'd guess that the TAC-4 S/A Jungle, from the Scarecrow challenge pack on Colorado, and the TAC-4 AR Desert, from the Master Fortune Teller challenge pack on Marrakesh are also not available in Hitman 2.

Ah, I mixed them up!
  • Antique Emetic Syringe is the Level 20 reward for Sapienza.
  • Antique Lethal Syringe is not currently available. Sorry...
And you are correct. TAC-4 S/A is available but not the Desert or Jungle models.

Source: I have finished every challenge in the game except the MP ones...

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed by Sniper Rifles in this game, especially the silenced ones.

Sitting on the Mountain Path on Hokkaido and sniping Yamazaki standing on the bridge in the garden and everyone in the garden is immediately spotting and shooting at me. Eventually got it done, because appareantly it takes a while for the game to decide that you are compromised. Had guards already shooting at me, but ended the game before the "Compromised" message popped up and got the Sniper Assassin challenges done regardless.

Colorado was also quite the bullshit. From the standard spawn point, you can take out several targets, but if you do... guards that aren't even in your line of sight, will run through a virtual maze and they will find and shoot you immediately. Doesn't matter if you put away your Sniper Rifle and are in a disguise that they shouldn't be able to see through... They will still know that it was you.

At least the last Sniper Rifle that I unlocked is hilarious. Plays "Ave Maria", whenever you aim at a target. lol

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This should help you understand the sniper mechanics in Hitman 2. Just because they start shooting at you, doesn't necessarily mean you were spotted.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Sitting on the Mountain Path on Hokkaido and sniping Yamazaki standing on the bridge in the garden and everyone in the garden is immediately spotting and shooting at me. Eventually got it done, because appareantly it takes a while for the game to decide that you are compromised. Had guards already shooting at me, but ended the game before the "Compromised" message popped up and got the Sniper Assassin challenges done regardless.

If guards see someone get shot, they will shoot in your direction even if they can't actually spot you. That's what it sounds like you were experiencing here. Given this, it can be useful to take one shot to distract a guard's attention before taking out your target.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
February Patch 2.14: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-february-update/

Plenty of gameplay tweaks, with those to Sniper Assassin detection of note. The SA indicator is likely to be out once fixes to SA rules are finalised. Certainly my favourite change is with the Legacy map visuals, the Sapienza example provided:

Legacy_Lighting_Blog2.jpg

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Inventory Loadout Sorting
We've added Inventory Categories to make it easier to find and choose the items you want to take into a mission. Loadout selections will be sorted into tabs (Melee, explosives, etc) that can be individually selected.
thank god

also it was weird that it was this way in a different menu in the game but not where it actually helped you organize anything

Sniper Shot Location
We've made a change to how NPC's react to weapon fire when they haven't seen 47 take the shot. Previously, guards would (sometimes immediately) approach the location that the shot was taken from and search. They might also suppress that location with gunfire too. Now, they will start by searching at the place that the bullet landed and will start to figure out where the shot came from. They will only look at where the shot was fired from if they have line of sight to it. Depending on the circumstances, they may also suppress the location and begin to move towards it. It's important to note that 47 can only be compromised according to the normal game rules: one of the NPCs should get close and spot him near the location where the shot originated from and then they can link him to the crime.
The complexity of our game and it's various potential states makes it difficult to give a full explanation of all of the possible scenarios and reactions that could play out. However, we expect that this change will reduce any confusion about how and when 47 is spotted/compromised when engaging in long distances, especially the unfair feeling that the guards instantly know where 47 is after firing a shot.
ill never forget the time i was going for the kill all 3 targets in mumbai from the tower challenge

i shot the first one and then just sat there as 10 guys emptied their guns into the tower

still got sa
We've made a change to how the Remote EMP Charge is disarmed. Previously, it could be activated/triggered whilst being carried by an NPC and would then be disarmed when the NPC 'secures' it in a weapons locker. Now, the EMP can be triggered at any point and will not be disarmed to allow for some more unique gameplay opportunities.
i look forward to one or two goofy youtube videos that this will allow

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those are some nice changes.

I wonder when they'll add more maps to Ghost Mode. I thought they would have done more by now.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, lots of bad challenges in hokkaido you need trashy contracts to complete :(
Btw does anyone have a resource with all steam hidden achievements ?

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
The previous Elusive Target was in Hokkaido and they made Hokkaido free for a limited time.

The next Elusive Target is in Hawke's Bay and now they make Hawke's Bay free again.

Seriously, they don't want people buying the game to play Elusive Targets, they don't want money or what?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The previous Elusive Target was in Hokkaido and they made Hokkaido free for a limited time.

The next Elusive Target is in Hawke's Bay and now they make Hawke's Bay free again.

Seriously, they don't want people buying the game to play Elusive Targets, they don't want money or what?

This one is pretty clearly permanent going by the wording in that post. It's just the first level being free from now.

Hokkaido was for the Snow Festival anyway, not the Elusive. Just like Paris was free for Holiday Hoarders.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Here's a potential workaround for the new, broken sniping mechanics post patch 2.14

Fair play to IOI though, they really put in the work connecting with players and keeping things ongoing until they get fixed.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Fair play to IOI though, they really put in the work connecting with players and keeping things ongoing until they get fixed.

Yeah, I tested it on PS4 and it felt like NPCs were seeing the suitcase contents, but the lockdown note is good. Really weird bug.

Also of note, IOI just updated the PC servers which may fix the 'Discover' challenge problems some people may have.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this week; what got changed that was so bad? The proposed changes seemed good?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I haven't played this week; what got changed that was so bad? The proposed changes seemed good?

There is a variety of good changes, but two really rankle those affected:
  • The "find all the places" challenges went from broken to reset and broken. So no big deal if you already did it but upsetting if you didn't, since they claimed to fix it and it was still broken. They deployed a server patch today that might fix it though. Time will tell.
  • The rules of sniping silently were improved, but in practice it just causes this weird problem where 20 seconds after killing someone with a silenced rifle, NPCs throughout the level freak out and can instantly identify you. Even if you're a thousand meters away from the gun. This one probably needs a game patch. The funny workaround is that if you fire a warning shot - putting targets into lockdown - then the second shot works fine.
As a developer, one or both of these feel like "live" bugs where you can't repro on test environments but can easily repro on live. They happen, and your reputation depends on how fast you can emergency rematch, which is not easy on console.

Still sucks though, because it breaks every sniper assassin challenge in the game unless you use the workaround, so guys like in the video above get review bombed by people raging at IOI.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
On the plus side, they added:
  • Mumbai Escalation
  • Whittleton gets a new Batty package challenge
  • The Author and Patient Zero both got the five-challenge set of special kills (drown, headshot, fiber, etc)
The sloppy/funny bit from the aftermath was hearing some players accidentally had the sniper assassin UI enabled. A lot of players would be happy to have that soon...

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Placed 11th on the escalation. Surprisingly, the escape was the biggest obstacle, that motherfucker at the bottom of the elevator shaft..

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
If I have all the legacy levels installed in Hitman 2, do I need Hitman 1 installed on my PS4 anymore? H1 takes up almost 100GB.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
I wish this game had a built-in naked roulette mode. Something where you start with zero gear, at a randomized starting location/disguise, and have a randomized target revealed only once you started in. You'd have to know the level, where to scavenge items, and be adaptable to whatever could come.

If this mode existed I'd jump into every day.

Replaying story missions is fun, but can feel like just a little too much of a time investment to complete all the objectives. Contracts can be fun, but there's just something about the idea of not knowing your targets and having no gear that I think would keep the game fresh.