• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Guy over on Reddit did some datamining and found files possibly pertaining to DLC levels.

First, a level seemingly set at a bank that he believes is likely located in Shanghai. Then a (larger, based on the number of NPC types at least) resort in a tropical, beachside setting. Jason Portman is present.

My guess is that the first one of these is a sniper map and the second one a main mission, but they could be anything, or they could be nothing.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Guy over on Reddit did some datamining and found files possibly pertaining to DLC levels.

First, a level seemingly set at a bank that he believes is likely located in Shanghai. Then a (larger, based on the number of NPC types at least) resort in a tropical, beachside setting. Jason Portman is present.

My guess is that the first one of these is a sniper map and the second one a main mission, but they could be anything, or they could be nothing.

Where is the theme park level, though? :(

Bank and Shanghai definitely sounds interesting, though. The other doesn't sound that interesting, but I have no doubts that it absolutely can be interesting.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those two leaks sound cool. More so the first one than the second.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you kill everyone in colorado besides the guy being tortured which you can't kill, and start a distraction like a forklift, the tortured guy tries to investigate lmao

1551525840-sans-titre.jpg

edit : hey nevermind you can kill that guy with the wicker man challenge !

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I got this game last week and damn it is fun. I just beat Santa Fortuna, I was looking at the challenges and I didnt catch a lot of places in the map, and I took my sweet time on the level o_O

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A hit during a failed bank heist honestly feels like one of the most original ideas in series, think about the possibilities:
- robbers and policemen would be hostile against each other, no matter which disguise you use you must always be careful
- the mission could have complications like having to keep the hostages alive, or having to free certain hostages without being discovered
- opportunities/mission stories would be about creating the condition to help the police break into the bank or similar things

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I wonder if the DLC levels will hint at all towards further developments in the story. The end of the campaign left things at a pretty significant crossroads and it's hard to imagine things going back to business as usual.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the DLC levels will hint at all towards further developments in the story. The end of the campaign left things at a pretty significant crossroads and it's hard to imagine things going back to business as usual.

I doubt it will continue the main story as it will conclude with season 3. Most likely it's a contract that takes place in the past.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have played about 4 mission in PS4 Pro.
They have optimized high frame rate mode really good recently, it's mostly close to 60fps now.
Digitalfoundry video Pro run only 35-45fps in high frame rate mode when the game was released.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I had kinda assumed the espansions would be released as full packs, at one time, but it seems like instead they're more in line with the old episodic model. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I realize now that it's gonna be a while before we get all that content.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought they'd add the wetsuit, but they do mention making it unlockable in the future: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman2-et-politician/
Special note: 'The Politician' Elusive Target in Hawke's Bay does not offer a direct unlock.

However, completing the contract will count towards your progress for unlocking the 'SA Suits' and 'Completion Suits' and most importantly of all – we are working on plans to give all players the chance to unlock an alternate version of the Hawke's Bay default starting suit; the Tactical Wetsuit.

I hope they get rid of those hideous pants, but I'd die if they just added gloves.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect the new sniper assassin map so soon. Guess I should buy the pass now.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The expansion pass includes
2 new completely new locations
2 sniper maps
Bonus missions for previous locations
New outfits, unlocks, challenge packs

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
50% of me will be annoyed if we don't get new achievements/trophies with the sniper mission like with Patient Zero, 50% of me will be annoyed if they add achievements because getting all the achievements in the sniper mission in the base game was an annoying nightmare.

TBH though I probably won't really care because at least it's new Hitman content.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
What was annoying about getting all the trophies in the Sniper Mission were the ones that made you sit there and wait 10+ minutes for the setup to happen. And then maybe you wont fuck it up.
It's not like in normal Hitman maps where you can save anytime

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
What was annoying about getting all the trophies in the Sniper Mission were the ones that made you sit there and wait 10+ minutes for the setup to happen. And then maybe you wont fuck it up.
It's not like in normal Hitman maps where you can save anytime
Yeah, I really liked the Patient Zero Colorado mission because you could actually save there. I'm not sure why they made the change for Himmelstein, but it's beyond aggravating to wait 12 minutes for that stupid dance.

I am curious to see if the Jaegar Mastery carries over from Himmelstein. There was some speculation that it would since it took so many points to max out.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I think I have every trophy except a few sniper ones and a few legacy escalations

I tried playing sniper co op and it just left me permanently trying to connect

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious to see if the Jaegar Mastery carries over from Himmelstein. There was some speculation that it would since it took so many points to max out.
That's what I figured when the game first came out and they had said there would be more sniper maps. They said there's a new sniper rifle being introduced here so I dunno. I hope the multiplayer characters' mastery follows over anyway.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun elusive. It was nice having to sneak in with active guards rather than just out for a change. I didn't get SA because I messed up and didn't want to restart but that's fine. I don't think there's much room to do another elusive there, at least until any bonus episodes.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty neat elusive target. And the badge-less winter coat I got is pretty boss. 😎

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Well, I botched it. Had cleared out the double, thought I was alone with the target, and killed her only to be spotted by a guard I hadn't accounted for. Took some shots, but got out.

And then my Xbox failed to connect to the server and none of that mattered. Guess I get to take a second swing at it.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Am i only one who figured out who of the 2 was the target by trying to hide both bodies?

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they'd add a mode where you can take a bunch of items in to a level with you. You unlock all this cool stuff, but you can only bring two things which really dampens the excitement and possibility. Make that mode (and disable achievements and challenges while playing it if you like), please, IO.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Is it known that the free demo for this game let's you play the Hitman 1 levels in the new engine? Just found out by accident as I still don't own Hitman 2 yet.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyable elusive, managed to get SA in 6 minutes, I probably shouldn't have bothered to change clothes anyway, because the disguise doesn't do shit in this mission. ;)

50% of me will be annoyed if we don't get new achievements/trophies with the sniper mission like with Patient Zero, 50% of me will be annoyed if they add achievements because getting all the achievements in the sniper mission in the base game was an annoying nightmare.

TBH though I probably won't really care because at least it's new Hitman content.
IOI really has a strange approach towards trophies. You can get a record number of them in Hitman 2, but no platinum. And they didn't add Patient Zero trophies in Hitman 2 that would've probably attracted more people into playing the campaign (and upgrading to GotY edition).

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Quite an easy ET, really.

I knocked out the double and her bodyguard, then rat poisoned the nuts and waited in in the room adjacent to the bathroom....with the blinds drawn. Drowned her.