• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I read the note in the kitchen and then noticed the target took a phone call next to one of those explosive lamps. I released the gas only to find out that she apparently also takes a smoke break up there because it detonated and killed her without any further intervention on my part.
Second SA elusive for me.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't have been sloppier on this ET, but I still unlocked the Absolution suit.

A security guard caught me shooting out a camera, so I shot him, took his clothes and his keys, and made my way up to the private study. When the real politician and her bodyguard left, I snuck in and entered the secret weapons room, shot the dude sitting in the chair and grabbed the shuriken. I ninja starred the target and her bodyguard, snuck back out through the garage door (bad idea) and got caught. I barely survived the shootout and hid in plain sight in the bushes as the guards (and the body double, lol) swarmed the beach looking for me. Eventually they gave up, most of them went back inside, and the beach guards couldn't see through my disguise, so I moseyed back to my speedboat, leaving behind my bloodied tuxedo and mask.

The perfect crime.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
With Hitman 1 it seems like the episodic release was well planned out so they had a steady stream of new episodes to come out

Whereas here they were originally going to release these six as episodic and were then forced to get them out faster than they intended so the DLC eps probably only began development pretty late in the game

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...shit. I completely forgot about the Elusive ending this morning till just this moment; I've still been doing them at the last minute and it just completely slipped my mind to fit it in this weekend.

Guess I'll do it if/when it reruns forever in the future. But I was looking forward to something challenging on that first leve. So that sucks. Guess I need to be more on top of using reminders for things...

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...shit. I completely forgot about the Elusive ending this morning till just this moment; I've still been doing them at the last minute and it just completely slipped my mind to fit it in this weekend.

Guess I'll do it if/when it reruns forever in the future. But I was looking forward to something challenging on that first leve. So that sucks. Guess I need to be more on top of using reminders for things...

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't really a challenge and you unlock nothing for doing it this time.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I almost failed the elusive, I shot her with the sniper rifle but I didn't realize I was extremely close to some near by guards. They start shooting, I'm taking hits, going serpentine through the grass, eventually clear the danger and jog to the boat.

⭐️ ⭐️

Mission completed 😂

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer for the Sniper Assassin mission just aired: Hantu Port. Characters + diguises mirror the leaked content.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
They had the first of their monthly streams today. Thought it was a neat look at the design process behind the new sniper map.

Also, they announced that in April, we'll be getting a Holy Man challenge pack in Mumbai, and likely ghost mode coming to Santa Fortuna.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting some substantial FPS gains with DX12. If I lower the settings enough I can finally get a stable 60 fps almost everywhere except Miami. And I never realized that the motion blur didn't actually work on PC before. After seeing it in action, though, I'm definitely keeping it off.

Everyone make sure to play the new sniper level ASAP if you want the multiplayer achievement. I jumped onto the Hitman 2 bandwagon two months late and it took me 45 minutes to find a partner for Himmelstein.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Here's hoping we get news on the new map/mission soon. Itching for more content and the sniper stuff has never really grabbed me.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The new sniper map is fun. It's not gonna sell you on the mode if you're not into it though.

There's definitely a lot less tedium in terms of setting up kills and doing challenges than Himmelstein. It is kinda annoying that all 3 playable characters have new sniper rifle masteries to level up. Thought at least Knight and Stone would have their unlockables carry over.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The new sniper map is fun. It's not gonna sell you on the mode if you're not into it though.

There's definitely a lot less tedium in terms of setting up kills and doing challenges than Himmelstein. It is kinda annoying that all 3 playable characters have new sniper rifle masteries to level up. Thought at least Knight and Stone would have their unlockables carry over.
Yeah, the new map is pretty great I just wish they would let us choose from all 3 characters in solo play.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Welp beat the new sniper map and got all the achievements. I don't love the sniper maps, but this one definitely felt a lot better. Kinda like the earlier poster said, feels like there's a lot less waiting around.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people seeing better performance in DX12 than in DX11?
It's a huge improvement. On a GTX 1080 and i7 6700K, the legacy maps no longer run like ass.
3b95413153.png

513c49b8cc.png

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Awkward process to get the new sniper map for me on the PS4.

I already own the expansion pass, but I guess it wasn't downloaded as part of the latest update. So the only option in-game is to "get access" on either the Sniper game mode, or the Hantu destination, which loads up the PS Store to the Hitman Gold Edition page which wants $99. Ignoring that I next had to click the side banner for the Game Page, and then drill down to the Hantu DLC. That prompted a "content not available at this time", but when I repeated the whole process I was finally able to start the download.

Seems all the DLC for Hitman 2 is a bit bewildering. Having to reinstall Hitman 1 to get access to the legacy map downloads was just as awkward.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Awkward process to get the new sniper map for me on the PS4.

I already own the expansion pass, but I guess it wasn't downloaded as part of the latest update. So the only option in-game is to "get access" on either the Sniper game mode, or the Hantu destination, which loads up the PS Store to the Hitman Gold Edition page which wants $99. Ignoring that I next had to click the side banner for the Game Page, and then drill down to the Hantu DLC. That prompted a "content not available at this time", but when I repeated the whole process I was finally able to start the download.

Seems all the DLC for Hitman 2 is a bit bewildering. Having to reinstall Hitman 1 to get access to the legacy map downloads was just as awkward.

I had this problem as well on my secondary PS4. Easily fixed by that workaround, but weird.

The Legacy solution is actually rather brilliant, though. IOI has no way of reading what games you own - this isn't PS1 where you can just Psycho Mantis a user's library - so getting you to run season 1 to download the license file was a perfect solution for the variety of download/disc people out there.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new Sniper map is fun. Hard to say yet but I might like it more than the first one.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I'm not a fan of sniper rifles not carrying over.

I played the first map a bunch and got all the challenges, and still my highest level sniper rifle was like level 14 or something. I figured I'd just finish it up on later maps, but they start you fresh at 0 instead which is a huge bummer. The rifles just take too long to upgrade, especially when two of them depend on who you're playing with.

Also they should let us unlock the rifle appearances for use in the main game.

Oct 26, 2017
lLVQW9W.png

Fffff. I can breathe again. Sgail SASO done. And without cheating (aka watching youtube videos or reading guides)

It was easier than I believed at first. I mean, at first it seemed super hard. Only a small area of the entire map allow for the normal suit, the targets couldn't be attracted to that area and instead loiter in the higher security one, and none of the 6 mission stories could be done without disguises. And guards everywhere. In the end thanks to using a much closer spawn point that allows for the normal suit, the tower roof, was doable. It would have been a pain in the ass if you had to do it from the initial entrance.

Starting in the tower, crossing the bridge, there is an empty room, an antechamber to the ark showroom, the first target crosses it from time to time. Dropping one weapon (taken from one of the two guards that watches the tower entrance over the bridge) distracted her private bodyguard, knocked him out when he went to store the weapon, waited until she repeats the patrol loop alone, then a bullet or a syringe kills the first target.

I didn't know how to enter the main building without being seen, which is why in the end I went down using a drain pipe. I was near the stone circle used for the Janus wake. Knocked a guard in the grass to have a bit more of breathing room. Finally I noticed the second target goes through here, too, so I planted a second weapon that distracted her bodyguard, attracted her below the jail you can break, and baam, accident.

I guess most people did something similar, or is there other ways?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same for the first target
Second target I use the chandelier in the corridor next to the room with 2 people examining artifacts

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any information on the two DLC maps? I haven't touched the game since I beat it last year.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the implementation of motion blur (it was recently added, yeah?) pretty damn bad in how aggressive it is?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
So with the Black Hat Elusive, does it matter if you already SA'd it in season 1? Will it still count as a new one towards unlocks if you SA it again now?
Although there were some rewards in H2 for people who SA'd elusives in Season 1, there isn't any direct progress carried over from Season 1 so all the legacy elusives are essentially a fresh start.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, with Sekiro I totally forgot an Elusive was going on. Is it still on? Then I may do that this evening.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
In the last second of the roadmap video, we saw a short cut of Sean Bean which may imply they'll be surprise dropping his return this month.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They end Monday mornings (Eastern time at least), so it'll last till then.

I need to get around to it too; don't want to miss that again. That's why no new one's a bit frustrating, since I missed the last one so it's been extra long for me...