• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy it a decent amount. I did almost everything in Miami and played it for the first time right before finally moving on, so it was cool to use my knowledge of the map in that way, even if thinking about item locations messes with me. And I've played a couple times with 2 different friends and had fun each time.

It's messy, though, and it needs to find a way to not just casually be decided by whoever gets a single point ahead early on. But it will be interesting to try it with those friends on a map I know a decent amount less.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Huh. Well the new challenge worked without actually killing Maelstrom. I guess they changed the scripting to say "accident with any target" not just with the one mentioned.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaaand I missed the Blackhat. It's my own damn fault haha

Well, another chance for Blood Money suit in 75 hours luckily.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Roadmap for 2019:

Roadmap_2019_FINAL.jpg

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'm really happy they actually laid out the plan for the year so I don't just have to hope and guess.

Yeah, it's refreshing to see the plan for the year.
  • Not sure what special assignment means?
  • Bank for summer!
A complete guess, but I wonder if special assignment is going to be something similar to the bonus episodes, old maps but new design elements, targets, etc.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That seems pretty clear from the summer ones (pretty clearly Santa Fortuna and Mumbai) shown there, yeah. Existing map but new stuff.

Good to see it outlined, in any case.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
That seems pretty clear from the summer ones (pretty clearly Santa Fortuna and Mumbai) shown there, yeah. Existing map but new stuff.

Yeah, if it's new missions like the Movie filming, that would be amazing.

I can appreciate the sniper maps, but a) I'm really surprised they didn't port over the old one and b) the current two are such a fast burn. Usually hit challenge max around Level 10, so they just don't have the replayability of new maps or new assignments.

(...and well, sorry guys, I know you tried, but Hantu Port has more in common with Hong Kong than Singapore...)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm guessing it's what they're calling things like Holiday Hoarders and the snow festival? Especially as they're indicating specific locations.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Yeah, if it's new missions like the Movie filming, that would be amazing.

I can appreciate the sniper maps, but a) I'm really surprised they didn't port over the old one and b) the current two are such a fast burn. Usually hit challenge max around Level 10, so they just don't have the replayability of new maps or new assignments.

(...and well, sorry guys, I know you tried, but Hantu Port has more in common with Hong Kong than Singapore...)

I could've sworn they moved the bonus missions to H2.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I thought the second location might be earlier than fall. Though there's plenty of other stuff in the meantime.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I could've sworn they moved the bonus missions to H2.

They did. But they didn't port Hitman: Sniper Challenge (which you can see the title screen of in Sapienza). It's the first game of the sniper map format and functions virtually identical to Himmelpan. I guess it's running Glacier 1 and not Glacier 2 so they'd have to rebuild it, but it's closer in game design than Absolution is to Season 1, for sure.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Sooo...I realized I hadn't logged into H2 in about 3 weeks and I checked the April roadmap to see if I missed a new elusive. Then I saw there is no H2 Elusive for April and the last "new" elusive was March 2 in New Zealand (and was supposed to have debuted in Feb). What's going on? Are we seriously only getting 1 elusive every like 2 months? That sucks. I really don't care about replaying H1 elusives again.

The 2019 roadmap is nice, because the post-release content has felt really weak in H2 compared to H1 and was concerned about the DLC locations/bonus missions still coming out since sales seemed low which feels like why the support is so sparse.

Hopefully the 2 DLC locations will be full size (or at minimum Whittleton Creek size) and I'm excited for the bonus missions since H1's bonus missions were fantastic and really made good use of some of the locations like Sapienza. I hope one of the 4 bonus missions is in Whittleton Creek. They really need to do more with that map than they currently have in there.

But yeah, still bummed at the lack of elusives filling out these new Hitman 2 maps. They started off great with Sean Bean and then it's been very, very light.

If H2 ends up not getting a ton of post-release support, I hope it's because the bulk of the team is working on a Hitman 3 for 2020 launch.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo...I realized I hadn't logged into H2 in about 3 weeks and I checked the April roadmap to see if I missed a new elusive. Then I saw there is no H2 Elusive for April and the last "new" elusive was March 2 in New Zealand (and was supposed to have debuted in Feb). What's going on? Are we seriously only getting 1 elusive every like 2 months? That sucks. I really don't care about replaying H1 elusives again.

The 2019 roadmap is nice, because the post-release content has felt really weak in H2 compared to H1 and was concerned about the DLC locations/bonus missions still coming out since sales seemed low which feels like why the support is so sparse.

Hopefully the 2 DLC locations will be full size (or at minimum Whittleton Creek size) and I'm excited for the bonus missions since H1's bonus missions were fantastic and really made good use of some of the locations like Sapienza. I hope one of the 4 bonus missions is in Whittleton Creek. They really need to do more with that map than they currently have in there.

But yeah, still bummed at the lack of elusives filling out these new Hitman 2 maps. They started off great with Sean Bean and then it's been very, very light.

If H2 ends up not getting a ton of post-release support, I hope it's because the bulk of the team is working on a Hitman 3 for 2020 launch.
Oh, there is a elusive in HITMAN 2 location this month, dont you worry :P

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also, just noticed on the 2019 road map "community escalations", is that what they call normal escalations or are they going to start allowing user made mult-stage & strict restriction escalations? Because I'll take it, if that's the case. People will filter the good ones and then I'll get some good escalations for these H2 maps.

Oh, there is a elusive in HITMAN 2 location this month, dont you worry :P

Hmmm, ok!

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, just noticed on the 2019 road map "community escalations", is that what they call normal escalations or are they going to start allowing user made mult-stage & strict restriction escalations? Because I'll take it, if that's the case. People will filter the good ones and then I'll get some good escalations for these H2 maps.

Hmmm, ok!
Community escalations are usually escalations designed by members of the community and IO brings it to life. Like Kotti and Bigmoney escalations.

Regarding the elusive target, check the last second of the April roadmap :P

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They had those three unique items to vote on for the first elusive so it'll be two more times at least.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
They had those three unique items to vote on for the first elusive so it'll be two more times at least.

The fact that his suit is unlockable after completing a number of ETs is also a hint he's a recurring character. He might be the only target in the series where his attire is an unlock, not even a disguise.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me understand why I used to have access to the patient zero missions and now, after I had to re-establish the Xbox One OS because of a hard disk failure, I can't access them anymore and now the page it redirects me to says it's $9.99 even though it also shows up as already installed (because it was)

????

Although I guess $9.99 ain't that bad...

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
If you want to play it in 3 FPS sure. Do you realize how big those environments are and how much light you'd have to handle ?

You think we would need the power of whatever comes after the 20xx RTX series to get 60 fps? I really hope this tech improves quickly, especially if consoles are going to use it.

Last edited:

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Dropping the featured contracts on a Wednesday, hmmm. Wonder if that's to make room for a surprise elusive drop...

Anyway, looking forward to digging into this batch despite 2 of them looking very similar.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Hi,

Could anyone help me get the Hantu port multiplayer trophy. It's the last trophy that I have left for the 100% and it's been trying to find a player in matchmaking for the last 25 minutes.

PSN: Talos_AI

Drop me a PSN message or a reply here. Would really appreciate it.

Edit: NVM, got matchmaked soon after this post

Last edited:

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
I wish this game could get supported for years and years, absolutely love it, what a gem! If I'm not mistaken there are two maps in the pipeline, any word on support after those are released?

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this game could get supported for years and years, absolutely love it, what a gem! If I'm not mistaken there are two maps in the pipeline, any word on support after those are released?
Apparently the reboot was planned as a trilogy of sorts. I guess the only question is whether Season 3 comes out as DLC or as a separate game again. I kind of hope it's just DLC, because I really don't want to play through the S1 and S2 maps to unlock everything again.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I think we're past the point of Season 3 ever being DLC. They'll do a full release of Hitman 3 like with 2. Although they absolutely have to allow progress to carry over into 3. People were generally able to accept one reset but another one would be too much.