• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the new map is actually continuing the story. Thought it might be a separate thing.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
New map is downloaded, but can't play online. Server maintenance I'd guess? Don't wanna play offline, but the briefing got me jazzed to play it.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
47 really let himself go, couldn't get out of this corner lmao

1561492359-fat.jpg

edit: did two master runs, first one got super bloody, second one was technically SA but a guard saw me use a security card (??) that I could use on other doors but this one was suspicious somehow

Fun map overall and it's good they gave two alternative paths for the second objective, even though one seems MUCH easier than the other (which is pretty ironic all things considered lol)

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I SA'd the new Mumbai mission; it's a shame it isn't on the level of the rearranged locations of the H2016 special missions -- really it's just a permanent Elusive Target -- but I can't complain about having more Targets period. I'm also fairly sure the Crow patrols are significantly reduced for that mission, making exploring the city much less stressful. Not bad!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think we'll ever see this game ported to Switch?

Impossible. We're talking about hundreds of simulated NPCs going through their cycles at once; even if it were rendered at comically-low fidelity, the Switch's CPU couldn't possibly handle it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I just finished my first Bank run. It definitely feels like one of the less ambitious season 1 levels in scope which is a little disappointing, but there's definitely still a fair amount going on. Hopefully they pull out all the stops for the Resort, one grounded level is fine if the other is Sapienza or Mumbai-sized.

Also what do we think — will the Resort wrap up the three family story line, or is that the lead-in cliffhanger for Season 3?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
I SA'd the new Mumbai mission; it's a shame it isn't on the level of the rearranged locations of the H2016 special missions -- really it's just a permanent Elusive Target -- but I can't complain about having more Targets period. I'm also fairly sure the Crow patrols are significantly reduced for that mission, making exploring the city much less stressful. Not bad!

same with the other mission, I was expecting at least a change of day

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
same with the other mission, I was expecting at least a change of day
These are called "special assignments" on the Steam page and their box is half the size of a full mission on the menu, so maybe this is supposed to be the start of a new kind of content? I'd definitely be down for something more bespoke than featured contacts but less complex than escalations.

That being said, I still want some full alternate missions too :^(. I'd definitely buy a new Patient Zero-style alternate campaign with three or four new missions.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bank seems like a pretty good map.

I love the wet floor signs. Amazingly stupid in the best way.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished my first Bank run. It definitely feels like one of the less ambitious season 1 levels in scope which is a little disappointing, but there's definitely still a fair amount going on. Hopefully they pull out all the stops for the Resort, one grounded level is fine if the other is Sapienza or Mumbai-sized.

Also what do we think — will the Resort wrap up the three family story line, or is that the lead-in cliffhanger for Season 3?

I imagine it'll just lead in to Hitman 3. Though they could always end up wrapping it up.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the bank better than whittleton so far. Nice verticality like Paris, but also more open unlike Bangkok. Getting to the vault is probably way too easy, even on master though, but that's fine as the assassination target is harder to reach SO.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played this game since January, and I had to reinstall Windows in the meantime so maybe this is old, but since downloading the new map I've had a couple of different issues. First off the game won't recognise HDR at all if I set the game to Fullscreen, even if I toggle HDR on before I launch the game, I don't remember this happening before. Also, if I switch to exclusive fullscreen HDR works, but then I get what seems like a double buffered Vsync, an example would be in the vaults below on the bank map. It will just drop to 30 fps sometimes and stutter everywhere, I've checked my settings and no help. Any ideas?

There's also an annoying bug on the new vault level. In the bathroom on the main floor if I turn on the 3rd sink to get the janitor, then turn off the sink then turn on the first or second sink to get the guard, he still goes to the third sink to turn it off, then another janitor goes to the first sink to turn that off, meaning I cant choke either of them. Gotta only use the third sink which the guard for some reason can't hear, so I have to use a coin. Took me 15 minutes to get through all that lol

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017

I think the two episodes are fillers about how they reach the three families. The three families will feature in the next season.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I imagine it'll just lead in to Hitman 3. Though they could always end up wrapping it up.
I think the two episodes are fillers about how they reach the three families. The three families will feature in the next season.
That's my selfish hope since I've convinced myself they wouldn't do that unless Season 3 were on its way. I've been nervous about the future of the series since launch so I'd love it if they were still setting up story lines for S3 rather than hurriedly wrapping up loose ends.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I've been wracking my brain today trying to make a list of every location or target that've been mentioned multiple times so far and would make for a good season 3 level. A lot of the other levels were mentioned ahead of time so I thought it would be fun to guess some of the upcoming levels.

— Jin and Tren Po in Khandanyang
— Ether HQ in Johannesburg (or the Ether Arcology in Shanghai)
— Hamsun Oil platform in the Black Sea

And then the three family heads in hiding we've seen in the Providence meetings are:
— Marcus Stuyvesant
— Carl Ingram
— Alexa Carlisle

What am I missing? Anything good?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The Hitman 2 upgrade pack has been delisted from the PS store (in the US at least) for some reason.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All challenges done on NY. Most were good but there's a few missed opportunities and seemingly unused stuff
For instance getting all 3 backups + the core
Knocking out the director and both goons with the backups with one explosion or whatever
Doing anything with the guys planning a heist ?
Etc

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Like the new level. Manged to get through a first run. I ended up...

Having to get into the Vault as I couldn't find the last guy with the disk drive, the accounts guy.

Will have a few more goes at it. (im rubbish at this game but love it).

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I have specific thoughts on the three updates...

Golden Handshake (New York)
I think it's an enjoyable level, and the fantasy is undeniable. But what troubles me is the unresolved struggle within the objective triangle.
  • The Vault (high fantasy, but extremely easy)
  • The Backups (most interesting, hardest to pull off)
  • The Hit (extremely location centric)
If I had to guess, I suspect the original design was that you needed the backups to enter the vault and take the core, which proved to drag out the mission too much (survive finding 3 pieces, survive breaking into the bank, survive the hit). So instead you get a choice. But because the Vault is the most appealing AND the easiest, the backups are superfluous. Two avenues for improvement really, one: require one backup to take the data core, or two: make the vault entry clearly harder than securing all three backups by redirecting the ventilation upstairs or elsewhere. But ultimately, the level feels a bit hollow because it's like a sugary snack - the fulfillment comes up front (the vault) rather than from some kind of extreme effort.

The most memorable moments of the expansion are clearly the mundane - bank accounts, fired and hired, whistleblowing, etc. And that slippery sign is one of the great item inventions of Hitman 2. I just wish the magical could measure up as well.

Totally agree with Shugga that there are some missed opportunities for a challenge pack later. The final costume is basically begging for the same treatment the Ninja got in the Season 1 hospital mission. But because the core fantasy is so strong, it's totally worth playing regardless.

Embrace of the Serpent (Colombia)
I quite liked this one. It's part of that original dream of "World of Assassination", where a level could have many hits but still remain internally consistent. Clearly, it uses only a piece of Colombia, and only a few dozen challenges, but everything you've learned about the map in the past helps here, a lot. Story-wise it even feels consistent as the "aftermath" of the main story mission.

But I guess what works when you have a bite-size mission is that it feels obvious. Go into the jungle and figure it out. Use what you've learned about the map to turn an unwinnable scenario into an obvious victory. It's the cat-and-mouse game, and it's great.

Illusions of Grandeur (Mumbai)
This one, to me, is the weakest. It takes an existing area, restructuring the layout into a fortress. Which is a novel idea, but because it betrays your knowledge of Mumbai before, it could really be set in any season 1 or 2 location. Only a few costumes have any use, and some tools are basically required, making for a relatively rote amount of puzzle solving. I would guess that maybe the villain was originally planned as an Elusive Target, but the level area chosen made it too easy to break?

I think to improve this level, the piece that is really missing is a way for the player to "play along" with the narrative of it. In 'Serpent', it's fun because you can stalk around the grass and hear every important conversation. In 'Golden Handshake' you can steal costumes and ultimately control the narrative yourself with mission stories. Here, if you're playing the puzzle, you're not playing the story. So I wish there was a way for the villain to telegram what he wanted to do, like "I want a drink!" and then you know where to scramble next.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Like the new level. Manged to get through a first run. I ended up...

Having to get into the Vault as I couldn't find the last guy with the disk drive, the accounts guy.

Will have a few more goes at it. (im rubbish at this game but love it).

I had a similar experience, but for a different reason.

I broke into the Vault because I did find the accounts guy, but he had permanently parked himself in a spot where an inconveniently large number of people could see him. I think a thing I did earlier broke him out of his pre-established routine.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
sadly the bank is not a very exciting level. it feels small and a bit boring. lots of missed potential here I think.
I did all the story missions and the challenges don't seem to have much more interesting things to offer, definitely one of the weakest levels of season 2.

the best thing about it was certainly
the job interview, it's fun in itself but it also provides an interesting mechanic that immediately gives your disguise access to most of the level.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the Bank. It's a suitable size, the layout makes sense, and I welcome a few smaller levels. Not everything has to be as sprawling as Santa Fortuna or Mumbai.

The job interview was fun (if obvious), but you'd never do it more than once since the fired banker costume is at least as good and can be had much faster.

There are more things they could do/have done with it, but it also feels nice to be able to play a level for a few days and tick it off as 100% mastered.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if they plan on redoing elusive targets again or just unlocking them for everyone to try as a one-off? I see they're rotating legacy ones but I've missed all from Hitman 1 and 2 so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what they're doing with Elusive Targets, we only had 10 targets since game launched, only half of that were on the new maps (Sean Bean twice in Miami), still no target in Bombay or Whittleton, and that 6th Legacy target will be the 3rd in Sapienza... (none in Bangkok or Colorado)

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
So do we have any idea what the final scope of the expansion pass is intended to be? I had thought they'd save the showdown with the illuminati or whatever for Hitman 3 but given 2's sales and the recent Bank mission seemingly setting us off down that path... could we be getting like 3 or 4 maps here to tie it up? (One for each of the families plus one for the inevitable finale vs Lucas or some final head of the organization or both)

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
So do we have any idea what the final scope of the expansion pass is intended to be? I had thought they'd save the showdown with the illuminati or whatever for Hitman 3 but given 2's sales and the recent Bank mission seemingly setting us off down that path... could we be getting like 3 or 4 maps here to tie it up? (One for each of the families plus one for the inevitable finale vs Lucas or some final head of the organization or both)
The original scope was 2 maps. If they didn't make enough for a full blown Hitman 3, they could potentially do a second season pass.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what they're doing with Elusive Targets, we only had 10 targets since game launched, only half of that were on the new maps (Sean Bean twice in Miami), still no target in Bombay or Whittleton, and that 6th Legacy target will be the 3rd in Sapienza... (none in Bangkok or Colorado)
They've probably just been busy working on the expansion levels. After this month, the only expansion content left will be the Resort later this year, so maybe they'll start adding new elusives when they have more time on their hands.

Anyone know if they plan on redoing elusive targets again or just unlocking them for everyone to try as a one-off? I see they're rotating legacy ones but I've missed all from Hitman 1 and 2 so far.
During Hitman 1 they eventually did a second rotation of most (but I believe not all) of the elusive targets. I imagine they'll do the same again for Hitman 2. But, really, I hope they eventually make the elusives permanent. It just seems like a shame if the content were to be lost to time if/when the game's servers eventually go down.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm especially mad because I messed up the Paris one so I'm still missing that suit.

I literally don't care about elusive targets at all, I'm just a suit completionist so IO had better give me targets in all the missing levels and also another Paris one please.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't mind it if they were all turned into permanent Special Assignments (or something similar) for everyone to unlock rewards for. Despite their 'elusive' nature, I don't think these missions are bringing players back to the game.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
There's a small survey going round from IOI at the moment, asking about future directions for Hitman and your opinion about which bits are important. Obviously went very hard on adding a battle royale mode and dance emotes.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Co-op is my number one most wanted feature.

A spies vs mercs style multiplayer mode would be cool as well. One player has to blend in with NPCs and assassinate a target, the others have to stop them.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
With the way Hitman 2 ended, they have a pretty natural way to include co-op with the story. It definitely feels like that might be the next step for them.

Ghost Mode is cool but I wish they were quicker at adding more maps and fleshing it out. Based on the current roadmap, we might not even get all the maps before the end of the year. Though at this point the playerbase for that mode is probably at a point where that work isn't even worth it for them.