• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got back into the game last night and instantly regretted not purchasing the expansion pass when it was on sale a few weeks back.

Gotta say I was really confused by their handling of elusive targets this time around. Half of them being retreads is disappointing. I had to go look up the whole list to see if I was missing something, but I wasn't.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Got this plus the Legacy pack recently, it's amazing and I spent like 15 hours on the first level alone (Paris fashion show in my case since I'm new), solving all the challenges and mission stories. Beenplaying with minimal story guide, it's cool to mess around with and getting to really know the sandbox and doing the objectives the dozens of alternative ways, figuring out all the little puzzles to tick all the story/challenge checkmarks in the menus.
But as a fan of Blood Money and the old games, as I started exploring Sapienza, I find that there's something missing from playing this as a groundhog day murder puzzle game with xray superpowers (as cool as that is). There's something very cheap about playing the levels for the first time and seeing everything and everyone through walls and getting tips on what to do.
I'm thinking of doing a complete blind playthrough of all the levels from sapienza onwards with no missions guides and no Instict, just figuring out how to get the kills cleanly the oldschool way, having the compounds be a scary mistery beyond the walls that I need to discover, and moving on to the next level after finally getting the kills, and then eventually coming back to play all the levels the arcadey way with Instict to do all the challenges and random fun stuff. This way I can get the oldschool immersive experience I crave first and afterwards the cool new arcadey hitman experience that I also seem to enjoy.
Anyone here do something like this? How did it go? I figure it's going to suck a bit not being able to look through the doors' keyholes.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If Hitman 3 has a roguelike-esque daily challenge (I've been asking for it for years) with randomized missions that you only had one chance on with no resets, how would you like for them to do it?

I'm a big fan of Hitman Roulette which just takes a random full mission and gives you disguise and weapon conditions on the normal targets, but I was thinking there are tons of ways they could do it. There could be defined start locations and load-outs, escalation-like conditions, or they could even use featured contracts and special assignments instead of full missions.

Any ideas on what could be fun? As someone who religiously logged in and did the Binding of Isaac and Spelunky dailies for months on end, I'd be so down for it to come to Hitman. With the scoreboard focus it seems like the perfect game for it to.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A daily roulette would be enough imo. Just don't lock anything behind it, just put a daily ranking.
Oh and of course do something about cheaters. It can't be that hard.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
A daily roulette would be enough imo. Just don't lock anything behind it, just put a daily ranking.
Oh and of course do something about cheaters. It can't be that hard.
That's fair. If H3 adds old elusive targets as special assignments (I'm hoping that's why IO created the special assignment category in the first place when that's a niche that was being filled by ETs) then I think those would be good possible roulette missions too. Contracts might be a little too slight to be an interesting challenge though.

Mainly I just want it to be what elusive targets were advertised as, which is actually a single shot with no resets.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Failed SA on the elusive because fucking bodies in the high grass were found lol, get outta here. What's the point of these then.

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got SA in the first season, but failed this season.

Got into a shootout with guards after I was spotted killing him. No coming back from that.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
If I was a huge fan of Hitman, would it be worth it to get Hitman 2?

I'm still fairly new to the series, but Hitman was so unique and nothing like anything I played before. Just wondering if I really want to jump in with Hitman 2.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The new escalation, "The Calvino Cacophony" unlocks a new "suave" suit. Perfect for visiting a resort?

7EDkpbR.jpg

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it seems to end on a happy note, but I can't help but feel like not enough people are playing these amazing games. Maybe I just have bad friends, but no one on my steam contact list is playing Hitman. :-(

For H3/Season 3, I do hope they don't reset all unlocks again. I don't want to unlock the Krugermeier .22 or Ghost 3000 ever again.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm glad it seems to end on a happy note, but I can't help but feel like not enough people are playing these amazing games. Maybe I just have bad friends, but no one on my steam contact list is playing Hitman. :-(

For H3/Season 3, I do hope they don't reset all unlocks again. I don't want to unlock the Krugermeier .22 or Ghost 3000 ever again.
That probably won't happen. I believe the reason everything had to be unlocked again was because the Hitman 2016 data was all on Square servers.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the reason everything had to be unlocked again was because the Hitman 2016 data was all on Square servers.

Doubt it, they could have easily migrated that data.

They also need to clean up their whole "SKU" situation, it's a mess that I bet have driven away a fair number of players. That however may be more complicated.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Siberia looks cool. The last map was fine but it was a bit bland visually, which Siberia seems to make up for.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Today's patch is out on Steam. More options for SSAO, integrated changelog, icon over containers that contain a stashed item, and more: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-july-update/

"There will be server maintenance at the usual times between 11:00 and 15:00 UTC"

Last edited:

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not a single new elusive target is a bummer but at least we'll get the Colorado ET suit which I never got plus hopefully the undying one at 12 ETs.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to keep using the Legacy Elusive Targets I wish they would mix them up like they did recently with The Deceivers.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Not up for me on Steam too.
Haven't really put much time into sniper mode though but making the new sniper rifle unlockable in the sandbox is going to get me to try this time around.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Heya Hitman OT! I began playing Hitman 2016 after pushing it back over and over and...man I don't know how many hours i've spent with the game yet but i'm only in Sapienza, soon I'll be purchasing the gold edition of Hitman 2 considering it's on sale on PSN.

Do unlock carry over to Hitman 2 or do I have to re-unlock everything, mastery wise, by replaying the Hitman 2016 maps in the sequel?

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Heya Hitman OT! I began playing Hitman 2016 after pushing it back over and over and...man I don't know how many hours i've spent with the game yet but i'm only in Sapienza, soon I'll be purchasing the gold edition of Hitman 2 considering it's on sale on PSN.

Do unlock carry over to Hitman 2 or do I have to re-unlock everything, mastery wise, by replaying the Hitman 2016 maps in the sequel?

Since you already have Hitman 2016, if you purchase Hitman 2, you can play the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2. You will have to replay the maps to re-unlock everything, so my suggestion is to just go ahead and purchase Hitman 2 and replay Paris and Sapienza there before you progress much further into the game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Since you already have Hitman 2016, if you purchase Hitman 2, you can play the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2. You will have to replay the maps to re-unlock everything, so my suggestion is to just go ahead and purchase Hitman 2 and replay Paris and Sapienza there before you progress much further into the game.
My idea was, and please don't garrote me, maybe getting the trophies in hitman 1, then once I replay in Hitman 2 I just get 'em again on-top of getting 100% on each map where possible.

I love the game, I do look forward to see all the other locations + the new mechanics/improvement from the sequel. This game is perfect at showing the players how much they improve over repeating the levels over and over.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
My idea was, and please don't garrote me, maybe getting the trophies in hitman 1, then once I replay in Hitman 2 I just get 'em again on-top of getting 100% on each map where possible.

I love the game, I do look forward to see all the other locations + the new mechanics/improvement from the sequel. This game is perfect at showing the players how much they improve over repeating the levels over and over.

Sorry, can't help you with that. Maybe someone else in here can answer your question.

Garwoofoo

Oct 28, 2017

Worth pointing out that you can download the free starter pack for Hitman 2 right now, import the Hitman 1 levels into that and play them there with the new engine improvements, then when you do upgrade to the full game you keep all your progress.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

If you're trophy-hunting, I think that would require a pretty decent degree of completionism? At which point you might not be up for doing it again in 2 because that would be understandably pretty tedious, and so if only you're going to do everything once, that one time should probably be in 2.

It doesn't have a Platinum anyway, if that matters.