• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
If you're trophy-hunting, I think that would require a pretty decent degree of completionism? At which point you might not be up for doing it again in 2 because that would be understandably pretty tedious, and so if only you're going to do everything once, that one time should probably be in 2.

It doesn't have a Platinum anyway, if that matters.
Oh I legit enjoy the game, i'm going at it as slowly as possible cause I'm just experimenting with what can be done with the challenges and stuff. I just figured i'd do 'em in 1 and redo em in 2 as well, doesn't matter to me there's no plat + in Hitman 2 i'll be able to see how fast I can redo the map from 1 and vice versa.

So i'm looking forward to it, i'll be purchasing it later tonight. I'll have quiiiiite a bit of content to play through, it's exciting.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Double-post: I gave it some thoughts and yeah I'll dive right away in Hitman 2 to get the best experience on Hitman 1's map, I only did the ICA, Paris and Sapienza level so...that still leave me tons of levels to do.

Is stuff from the GOTY edition of hitman 1 included with hitman 2 gold? (like patient zero and some escalation levels)

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Is stuff from the GOTY edition of hitman 1 included with hitman 2 gold? (like patient zero and some escalation levels)
The Patient Zero stuff isn't included. If you don't own the GOTY version of Hitman 1, you'll have to buy the "GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade" for $10 (though it's gone on sale for $5 a few times).

And very few escalations from Hitman 1 were ported over. I think they realized that 5 levels was too repetitive, so all of the new escalations in Hitman 2 are only 3 levels. Probably the most important one from the GOTY edition, however, did get ported over. Make sure to do the Cheveyo Calibration in Marrakesh for the Sieger 300 Ghost, which is possibly the best sniper rifle in the game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
The Patient Zero stuff isn't included. If you don't own the GOTY version of Hitman 1, you'll have to buy the "GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade" for $10 (though it's gone on sale for $5 a few times).

And very few escalations from Hitman 1 were ported over. I think they realized that 5 levels was too repetitive, so all of the new escalations in Hitman 2 are only 3 levels. Probably the most important one from the GOTY edition, however, did get ported over. Make sure to do the Cheveyo Calibration in Marrakesh for the Sieger 300 Ghost, which is possibly the best sniper rifle in the game.
Thank you, I decided to buy the GOTY pack, it's not on sale but heh it's ok, really happy about that big sale on gold edition. I'll be diving in soon! It's too bad, from what i'm reading, the Siberia map isn't a big sandbox though, I need me more winter missions in general.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Very, very light spoilers on datamined Resort details:
I saw on Reddit that the Resort target names were datamined, and it's not Alexa Carlisle, Carl Ingram, and Marcus Stuyvesant

That probably should be obvious now that the documentary has confirmed Hitman 3 and those are very clearly being set up as the S3 big bads, but I'm still glad for the confirmation. After the slightly unclear ending to New York, the hints on what the Haven Resort was, and the (previous) lack of S3 announcement, I was a little worried that The Resort would tie up that loose end in a nice bow and the duology would be over.
Thank you, I decided to buy the GOTY pack, it's not on sale but heh it's ok, really happy about that big sale on gold edition. I'll be diving in soon! It's too bad, from what i'm reading, the Siberia map isn't a big sandbox though, I need me more winter missions in general.
Unfortunately Siberia isn't really a sandbox at all, it's a map for the Sniper Assassin mini-game — you're on a cliff overlooking the whole scene, and your only way of interacting with all the various puzzle pieces, environmental puzzles, and characters is through a sniper rifle. Austria and Singapore are those too, just so you don't see them in the menu and get excited for something different.

However you're still in luck, because season 1 has the most comfy winter level in any video game ever, and also I want to live there. Have fun with the game!

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Siberia is such a grind. You need millions of XP to reach level 20 for the unlock.

They should award XP for feats/discoveries (first time), just like normal maps, and then they should reconsider this thing where accident kills leads to "body discovered" which leads to panic which leads to misery. Just put those two things more in-line with the base game and it'd be more fun.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
All the sniper maps have been a bit of a grind for level 20. I usually don't bother because I'm done with the challenges before even hitting it and there's no reason at that point to continue unless you're score chasing. Hopefully they improve on that for Hitman 3.

I got round to trying Siberia today and that's probably my favourite Sniper map so far. It feels a bit more active and the snowy setting is cool.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Very, very light spoilers on datamined Resort details:
I saw on Reddit that the Resort target names were datamined, and it's not Alexa Carlisle, Carl Ingram, and Marcus Stuyvesant

That probably should be obvious now that the documentary has confirmed Hitman 3 and those are very clearly being set up as the S3 big bads, but I'm still glad for the confirmation. After the slightly unclear ending to New York, the hints on what the Haven Resort was, and the (previous) lack of S3 announcement, I was a little worried that The Resort would tie up that loose end in a nice bow and the duology would be over.

Unfortunately Siberia isn't really a sandbox at all, it's a map for the Sniper Assassin mini-game — you're on a cliff overlooking the whole scene, and your only way of interacting with all the various puzzle pieces, environmental puzzles, and characters is through a sniper rifle. Austria and Singapore are those too, just so you don't see them in the menu and get excited for something different.

However you're still in luck, because season 1 has the most comfy winter level in any video game ever, and also I want to live there. Have fun with the game!
I do like the way feats like chameleon are numbered and, if you want to, follow a tracker for the mission stories. (although I don't use that) Last night, I went through the ICA stuff, noticed the enemies now have a larger cone of vision and there's also foliage added!

Is there any point to the online level? I assume it's not like mastery levels in the main levels. S'probably just there to see how much you play.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The NoClip documentary renewed my interest in the game and just noticed that i can grab the gold edition for €50.

The content releases until the end of the year are related to expansion 1 or are they already expansion 2?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The NoClip documentary renewed my interest in the game and just noticed that i can grab the gold edition for €50.

The content releases until the end of the year are related to expansion 1 or are they already expansion 2?
The Resort (coming Fall 2019) is expansion 2, while New York (already out) was expansion 1. The Resort will probably be the last major content drop for season 2 since it sounds like they're working on season 3 now from the documentary.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

Expansion 1 is done, and they released the first part of 2 last month (Siberia, a sniper map). There's one more sandbox level left to be released later this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh great, the expansion pass is on sale on PSN. I hesitated a bit when The Bank level was announced and I saw the pass cost 40€ for two levels, but at 25€ it feels a pretty good deal. Gonna play The Bank level tomorrow :)

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Siberia is a great map because there's not a lot of waiting around for shit to happen. The 1st sniper map you're rotting away waiting for things to progress.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I did the ET and yeah, the electrocution phone might be a little too over-powered.

I typically wouldn't use it but with this being potentially only one of two chances to get the Colorado suit, I didn't want to take any chances. Instead I was in and out in about 3 minutes with Silent Assassin.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I did the ET and yeah, the electrocution phone might be a little too over-powered.

You still have to make sure the target and no one else picks up when you call. I had a guard pick it up because I waited too long to call and he'd probably wandered off.

Lethal injection is at least reliable in that way.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
You still have to make sure the target and no one else picks up when you call. I had a guard pick it up because I waited too long to call and he'd probably wandered off.

Lethal injection is at least reliable in that way.
But you can just set it down if front of a target (which is non-suspicious) and they'll virtually always be the one to pick it up and put it in their pocket even if you don't call it.

Then you can just carry the detonator around and trigger it when you're standing in front of the exit. The worst case scenario is someone else picks it up in which case you can either knock them out to get it back or find a different way to kill the target without ever calling the phone.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
But you can just set it down if front of a target (which is non-suspicious) and they'll virtually always be the one to pick it up and put it in their pocket even if you don't call it.

Then you can just carry the detonator around and trigger it when you're standing in front of the exit. The worst case scenario is someone else picks it up in which case you can either knock them out to get it back or find a different way to kill the target without ever calling the phone.

"Virtually". I did that, I set it on his makeup desk, when he was sitting there, had to re-engage one of the hackers to get the files, ran out to the exit, called, dead guard. Body found.

It worked out in the end, but it's not some 100% overpoweered magic solution in comparison with other tools. You can't very well see who has it unless you stay around to watch them pick it up.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
"Virtually". I did that, I set it on his makeup desk, when he was sitting there, had to re-engage one of the hackers to get the files, ran out to the exit, called, dead guard. Body found.

It worked out in the end, but it's not some 100% overpoweered magic solution in comparison with other tools.
Weird, I feel like whenever I put it down it instantly raises curiosity and I can watch who goes and picks it up.

That actually sounds like a reasonable nerf — it'll be completely ignored until it's called to keep the kill from being 100% safe.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, one of those Feats in Sapienza "Luck alone is worthless", picture shows the fountain so I expected it to be a repeat of Paris where you just throw a coin in the fountain but in reality you need to toss a coin on those nozzles shooting water at the bottom of the fountain, found that out randomly and i'm like. "Oh"

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble downloading the expansion pass from PSN? When I press the download button nothing happens. Thought I already put it to download last night but there seems to be a bug.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Anyone else having trouble downloading the expansion pass from PSN? When I press the download button nothing happens. Thought I already put it to download last night but there seems to be a bug.

The pass just gives permission to download the levels. You still need to browse the add on content and download each one; there is no combined DLC package as far as I know?

Oct 25, 2017
The pass just gives permission to download the levels. You still need to browse the add on content and download each one; there is no combined DLC package as far as I know?
Thanks, you're a savior. Downloading the new york level now. PS Store is such a mess. The expansion pass page should show the downloadable content related to it but at the moment there is just a link to Starter Pack. And they should remove any Download buttons that don't actually do anything. Confusing.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Gaah, I like some of the unlocks tied to elusive targets, the classic 47 suit with gloves is such a small but solid difference to me. Always made me laugh how such a skilled assassin doesn't wear gloves. Sadly, I have 0 ET done and well...s'not like they can be tackled on forever. ;c

I know there's one up now, in Colorado but i've yet to reach this map and i'm weird like that, I kinda wanna wait till I get there to try it, if I miss it oh well. I should be completely done with Sapienza soon, excluding master challenges which i'll do later, I just have to clear Landslide then it's Marakesh time.

Oct 25, 2017
The Bank level rocks, I'd say one of my favorite ones in Hitman 2. It's somewhat a simple level but it's just so enjoyable to break into a vault. The first time I really took my time to explore the bank, took a couple hours or more to execute the mission. I don't know why I haven't done this with earlier levels for the first time I play them but now I turned off all the hints so I could execute the mission organically. It's a magical and rewarding feeling when you figure out all the stuff that's going on in a level and then you begin to understand what needs to be done in order to certain events to happen. So I've been playing this game the wrong way all this time lol.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Lol, one of those Feats in Sapienza "Luck alone is worthless", picture shows the fountain so I expected it to be a repeat of Paris where you just throw a coin in the fountain but in reality you need to toss a coin on those nozzles shooting water at the bottom of the fountain, found that out randomly and i'm like. "Oh"
Wait till you get to the "Tuppence a Wish" challenge on Bangkok.

It's both esoteric AND no one online can agree how it's unlocked.

(If anyone's interested, I did some testing and I'm 95% sure it's by bouncing 13 coins off the back wall of the fountain in the Queen's Suite into the lower basin. It has nothing to do with the rocks in the basin and you can save/load or pick up coins that missed without messing up the count. I'd recommend finding a trajectory that works and then saving after every single successful throw since the bounce can be so random.)

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I got the elusive target in...somewhere in america...last night. Was my first time on the map, although i think I had seen it on Giant Bomb before.

Was pleased to get it, although I did need 2 or 3 re-starts. Very mild spoilers on how I did it:-

I figured out that the hacker was the best disguise as security gets spotted by too many people
When I first got to the target he just seemed to stay in the same room, going from chair to standing...so I assumed I had to poison his water. In turn that was virtually impossible with a hacker spotter going to and fro.

I figured out I could hide in the kids bedroom, and take out those people. I then just shot the spotter/hacker from a distance to get hm out of the way. Hardly anyone bothered to investigate anywhere!

After all that, I discovered the target had moved and gone out onto the balcony!! A quick look with hitman vision and the coast was clear, so after 40-60 mins of careful planning I just checked him over the edge!

As I was the hacker, I could get the data easily and just sauntered out of the map

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Finally managed to complete all classic challenges in every map. Sniper Assassin on Colorado was impossible. I must've done it at least 20 times and every single time it didn't count. Then my twentysomethingth run that was exactly the same as all runs before it counted for some reason 🤷🏼‍♂️. Never again. Fuck that map.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
This elusive (repeat) was a perfect electrocution phone target. In and out in under two minutes.

Tuxedo with gloves, plus my first mastery points for Paris because who has time to replay all this stuff.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This elusive (repeat) was a perfect electrocution phone target. In and out in under two minutes.

Tuxedo with gloves, plus my first mastery points for Paris because who has time to replay all this stuff.
Yeah, the electrocution phone makes these ET's a breeze. I love it, haha. You just have to find the right spot and there you go. Unlocked the Undying suit with this one as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys

I have the possibility of buying Hitman 2 really cheap but on PS4...

Should I buy it or just wait for a sale on PC ? How's the PS4 version ? (base console)

Thanks

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys

Should I buy it or just wait for a sale on PC ? How's the PS4 version ? (base console)

Thanks
It is pretty good. Did not see any performance issues. However, I cannot vouch for the graphical fidelity PC vs PS4.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys

Thanks
I've only played on PC, but it seems to me that the loading times are pretty rough on console. With the amount of times you potentially restart missions, to me it's worth it to play on PC (especially with an SSD).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is the one thing I'll say as a base PS4 player- I'm very jealous of the load times on PC. I'm only now on the verge of building a PC and I'm not gonna switch at this point, so I'm happy to have picked it up on PS4, but given how little transferred from the first game... I might have made the jump over to PC if I already had a desktop at release. Hopefully whatever's in the future is (also out?) on PS5, with a good progress transfer this time, etc. and that'll be less of an issue.

So if you have a decent PC, maybe just wait for a sale, yeah. PS4 version ain't terrible or anything, and I've certainly enjoyed all my time with it. But it can indeed be frustrating when you're retrying things, especially when you know you might mess up and have to retry again after...

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
ZZZZZAP goes the Identity Thief, and I finally got my crappy Terminus Suit (and a tuxedo without that silly mask.)

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a fun contract, props to anybody who manages to SA in reasonable time :P
Have fun

1567204560-sans-titre.png

ID: 1-13-3422406-43

fuckin lost it when I saw his name

Last edited: