• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I fired this game up for the first time in a while and I hadn't completed the bank mission yet. I finished the bank mission and the dialog volume in the ending cutscene was barely audible. The dialog in the opening cutscene for Haven was completely silent. Has anyone else run into this issue, and have a fix?

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
Very, very cool finale destination. They knew exactly what they were doing having you run into Ljudmila immediately upon arrival.

Following the Ljudmila quest down to the basements, I overheard the tech geeks mentioned that a total system failure would summon all three targets to deal with it. When they did, I was ready and waiting to dump some killing poison into the ventilation system and take off in their seaplane. I probably poisoned ten of their bodyguards in the process, so no Silent Assassin on that run :P

Then I reloaded and followed the Ljudmila stuff to completion, which was a brilliant multi-step spy fantasy. The USB stick is the Maltese Falcon of that map, lol. I was getting Hokkaido vibes from the map before release, so I loved having Jason Portman back to torment all over again.

And that storm...unbelievable. It suggests some very cool possibilities for dynamic level changes in Hitman 3 (of course I'd settle for more day/night level reskins, tbh.)

Let's see some Elusives and Escalations here, IOI!

edit: Any guesses as to what Ljudmila's necklace depicts?

hitman2super-resolutijyj2y.jpg
It is Nataraj, a form of Shiva doing the Taandav, the dance of destruction.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Very, very cool finale destination. They knew exactly what they were doing having you run into Ljudmila immediately upon arrival.

Following the Ljudmila quest down to the basements, I overheard the tech geeks mentioned that a total system failure would summon all three targets to deal with it. When they did, I was ready and waiting to dump some killing poison into the ventilation system and take off in their seaplane. I probably poisoned ten of their bodyguards in the process, so no Silent Assassin on that run :P

Then I reloaded and followed the Ljudmila stuff to completion, which was a brilliant multi-step spy fantasy. The USB stick is the Maltese Falcon of that map, lol. I was getting Hokkaido vibes from the map before release, so I loved having Jason Portman back to torment all over again.

And that storm...unbelievable. It suggests some very cool possibilities for dynamic level changes in Hitman 3 (of course I'd settle for more day/night level reskins, tbh.)

Let's see some Elusives and Escalations here, IOI!

Haven Island is amazing. I think the lightning is a little weird when the storm hits though. If tweaked it would be a lot better. I love the wind going crazy.

It would be cool if we had one map where it was raining the entire time. Maybe something where you are inside most the time but can still go outside? A mansion at night or something. I think in the bank level it's raining, but it doesn't affect the gameplay.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked this chunk of content. I felt even the Special Assignments were done better, even if they still feel like replayable Elusive Targets instead of truly standalone missions like 2016's Bonus Episodes for Season One.

Also kinda confused by the ending.

Did Lucas free The Constant?
I'm pretty sure he freed himself. However the ending does imply that the Constant and Lucas are working together.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to master SASO haven
Brought sieker, lockpick, krugermeier, an electric phone that ended up being useless
Snuck to the security room below the radio tower from the spa side, grabbed the explosive there and destroyed evidence
Snuck on the private island to setup explosive and retrieve water scooter keys, went to villa from there
Snuck on the left of the villa, where there's 3 cleaning ladies. Took out all 3 of them, shot target in the bathroom with sieker from the room connected to it, distracted both his guard and the lady repairing the tub, drowned him and took out the last guard there so he wouldn't find all 5 bodies KO'd around that area
Then sieker the lady, drowned her (ezpz)
Give the keys to the idiot, blow him up on the scooter, done
Spent way too much time on the villa target, that area is infuriating

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I fired this game up for the first time in a while and I hadn't completed the bank mission yet. I finished the bank mission and the dialog volume in the ending cutscene was barely audible. The dialog in the opening cutscene for Haven was completely silent. Has anyone else run into this issue, and have a fix?
I found a solution to this on reddit. I had to right-click on my volume icon in the sytem tray, then under spatial sound, toggle on "Windows Sonic for Headphones" and then toggle it off again.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone find all the pieces of the treasure map? I found the one
on the beach behind the main house
but can't find the other two.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find all the pieces of the treasure map? I found the one
on the beach behind the main house
but can't find the other two.
Old captain is looking at it at the restaurant, you can knock him out to get it
Other one is in the break room for the security guards under the gym
I still haven't deciphered it. Saw there was a challenge so I got the chest indicated by one of the pieces, but I'm still stumped on what the other 2 parts say
Found 3 inflatable crocs with skull and bones, but blowing them up did nothing
The palm tree idk but probably linked to the ice anvil thing that I couldn't trigger again
I finally did 100% challenges on it, only used a guide for the pamphlet because fuck that noise lol

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
a66c6fbe5122bae057ae9b0b7e64ee58901aed61_2_1035x582.jpeg

H2's best suit is being unlocked in an escalation instead of an elusive. Lots of legacy content and Red-Tie Kiwi. Seems like an ok month.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally an antique lethal syringe, you'll now be able to start a mission with 3 lethal syringes.
Not that it matters that much with the inclusion of the electric phone.

At least they're not making a lethal syringe gun like people are suggesting lol, the sieker is already busted.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How is performance on base PS4; can I unlock the frame rate like on the first game?
I wouldn't mind picking this up while it's on sale.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How is performance on base PS4; can I unlock the frame rate like on the first game?
I wouldn't mind picking this up while it's on sale.

It's been a while since I messed with the settings but I'm fairly certain you can still unlock it. Performance wise it's basically the same as the first game. Solid pretty much all the time unless you've got a ton of bodies in one place or something else intensive.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a while since I messed with the settings but I'm fairly certain you can still unlock it. Performance wise it's basically the same as the first game. Solid pretty much all the time unless you've got a ton of bodies in one place or something else intensive.

Oh, OK, that's good to hear.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Finally an antique lethal syringe, you'll now be able to start a mission with 3 lethal syringes.
Not that it matters that much with the inclusion of the electric phone.

At least they're not making a lethal syringe gun like people are suggesting lol, the sieker is already busted.

That'd be interesting if it was something like... I dunno, an obnoxiously large blowgun?

But at this point it does feel like there'd be no way to balance that, it'd still be inherently brokenly good.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both special assignments were OK, nothing to write home about. They were better than the first one at least, but I'm sure they can fill them just a little bit more.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017

"The Imperial Classic with Gloves was previously an Elusive Target reward, but we're making it available to all players because we made the decision not to create an ET contract on Mumbai for HITMAN 2."

Damn, they just flat out say they're not making a Mumbai elusive. Best map doesn't get an elusive....

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is the game performing worse recently for anyone else on PC?

Hammering my CPU, not sure what to lower

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Uggh, getting SASO on Haven was painfully easy until it turned into just plain painful with Tyson. It's super difficult to get him alone. I finally managed it by placing a weapon on the floor for his bodyguard to discover, and also turning the TV on in Tyson's bedroom to distract him.

Is the game performing worse recently for anyone else on PC?

Hammering my CPU, not sure what to lower
Does every map perform worse for you? Haven Island definitely seems more demanding, but the previous levels seem to run the same to me. Have you tried switching between DX11 and DX12 to see which performs better for you?

I do wish they'd give us the option to turn AA off. The option was there in the first game, and turning it off usually gave me good performance boosts.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Uggh, getting SASO on Haven was painfully easy until it turned into just plain painful with Tyson. It's super difficult to get him alone. I finally managed it by placing a weapon on the floor for his bodyguard to discover, and also turning the TV on in Tyson's bedroom to distract him.

Does every map perform worse for you? Haven Island definitely seems more demanding, but the previous levels seem to run the same to me. Have you tried switching between DX11 and DX12 to see which performs better for you?

I do wish they'd give us the option to turn AA off. The option was there in the first game, and turning it off usually gave me good performance boosts.
DX12, DX11 performs worse for me

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017

To get Tyson for SASO, wait in his bedroom closet till Doctor Singh come to meet him. Tyson heads over to have his medicine after the doctor meets him and leaves. Choke the butler, then Tyson. His guard standing outside is facing away, so after Tyson is out of the way get rid of the guard to tie up loose ends and you are home free.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you distract the elite bodyguard with a coin in his bedroom to take him out, you can then easily kill him because I don't think he'll call anybody else for distractions. Electric phone for instance.
See this example :

Uses two silenced shots to distract guards so that the target will go after the phone rather than call for a guard to investigate.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017

To get Tyson for SASO, wait in his bedroom closet till Doctor Singh come to meet him. Tyson heads over to have his medicine after the doctor meets him and leaves. Choke the butler, then Tyson. His guard standing outside is facing away, so after Tyson is out of the way get rid of the guard to tie up loose ends and you are home free.
Sorry not to have mentioned this earlier. Instead of waiting and knocking out the butler and gaurd, just poison the medicine in Tyson's master bedroom and leave. Tyson will be taken out in due time.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
? He doesn't take it, you have to disguise as doctor and tell him to
Unless he does on like the second loop after the doctor leaves
I am pretty sure he does. I just completed a run doing just that, but you have to do it before the doctor comes in. The doctor asks him to take the medicine, so as long as you get to his room and poison his medication before the doctor make his way there, he will be taking it on the doctor's instructions. It is not necessary to disguise yourself as the doctor.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure he does. I just completed a run doing just that, but you have to do it before the doctor comes in. The doctor asks him to take the medicine, so as long as you get to his room and poison his medication before the doctor make his way there, he will be taking it on the doctor's instructions. It is not necessary to disguise yourself as the doctor.
That's weird, I tried that and he didn't take it, even watched the doctor consultation. Maybe should have waited longer, don't know. It's a safe route if it works, getting in the bedroom is piss easy
Or maybe he doesn't take them on master but doubt it

Last edited:

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
That's weird, I tried that and he didn't take it, even watched the doctor consultation. Maybe should have waited longer, don't know. It's a safe route if it works, getting in the bedroom is piss easy
Or maybe he doesn't take them on master but doubt it
Hmmm... it worked 2 times for me... he stands in front of the medicine for a long time though.... maybe he takes the medicine sometimes and sometimes he does not...

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
My 20/20 mastery trophies won't unlock... I keep redoing it, doing more challenges etc.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Just finished the Halloween Escalation. It was fun. I'm a bit sad it didn't unlock the pumpkinhead outfit though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Halloween escalation was horrible lol
Started off ok, then level 3 hit. Gave it 2 tries before I gave up when I got spotted at like 16/24 guards KO'd, just killed the rest.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Okay, it's fixed! The Servers & the trophy bug :P my passion has returned!! I loved the new escalation the shuriken is dope

Oct 29, 2017
The Halloween escalation was horrible lol
Started off ok, then level 3 hit. Gave it 2 tries before I gave up when I got spotted at like 16/24 guards KO'd, just killed the rest.

Its not that great and seems kinda janky since the target just disappears when you club him with the bad....then strangely appears on the roof. I found the 3rd part pretty dang easy though. Almost all of the guards are easy to separate from each other and drag into the bushes. I was disappointed that it seems we dont get the pumpkin costume as a unlock though.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the spooky bat, there's nothing spooky about it, it's just a regular bat with barbed wire or something wrapped around it that exists only to force you to play the level in a set way, and not a particularly exciting way. This could have been a cool idea, but it needed an introduction like the elusive targets get to set up the idea that it's a dream sequence or to explain why the target is afraid of some random dude with a pumpkin head pushing him off the roof of his house

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I picked up the expansion pass on sale over the weekend, I've been really enjoying it. Managed to get silent/Sniper assassin at the bank, however nothing I do seems to put the target in the position to be killed with her own award - anyone else have issues with this?