• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the expansion pass on sale over the weekend, I've been really enjoying it. Managed to get silent/Sniper assassin at the bank, however nothing I do seems to put the target in the position to be killed with her own award - anyone else have issues with this?
During the interview ? Can't remember
Or maybe when you're passing as a tech guy

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the expansion pass on sale over the weekend, I've been really enjoying it. Managed to get silent/Sniper assassin at the bank, however nothing I do seems to put the target in the position to be killed with her own award - anyone else have issues with this?

Apparently some fix they did to her for another issue has made her not react to distractions.

The way I originally did it was to play the record or whatever it was to lure her over to the general area, then I had placed a coin over by the award to get her there (not sure if this step is required). If this doesn't work, it's definitely broken.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed that Halloween escalation. Running around as a killer in Orson's nightmare was pretty fun, and I liked all the little touches they added to the map. It is too bad we didn't get that costume though.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I think it should have been a bonus mission instead of an escalation. Just make stage 3 without the guard objective the standard, and make the guard thing a challenge.

Also allow Contracts on it.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new ET was strange. They want him to be hidden but they give you a rough look of what he looks like anyway. And then you can just talk to him at the party lol. Just used the electrophone and got an easy SA.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd forgottten how bad the bangkok and colorado special challenges were, wish they remade them well. Won't bother.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that video tryagainlater, I followed the ET for a few mins but he seemed to be stuck in a party loop so I got him quickly although its funny how you can just straight up talk to him (near the BBQ) and you two have this weird Dexter-style conversation. Its too bad they didn't involve the weird house basements earlier, I think most people will just deal with him at the party.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
My Hitman 2 should be arriving in a few days. I'm pretty excited. Hitman 1 was my first experience with the game earlier this yr and I had a blast.

How does Hitman 2 compare to it?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Hitman 2 should be arriving in a few days. I'm pretty excited. Hitman 1 was my first experience with the game earlier this yr and I had a blast.

How does Hitman 2 compare to it?
Gameplay wise, strictly better
Content wise, better too imo on average, but doesn't have a sapienza equivalent. All maps are great though, just got a couple that are pretty small.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Thanks man. With Hitman, I feel like the gameplay is unlimited in how you can go about doing things, so I know I'll have a blast.

When I first played Hitman, I was all about killing random people and being messy. The more I played it, the more I wanted to become efficient at it. Really looking forward to it.

Oct 29, 2017
I've been kicking around picking up the season pass while its on sale for $13 on PSN. What is everyones thoughts on it? Worth the money or nah?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah there's the 2 sniper maps that I don't care for.
Probably some extra stuff I can't think of really, I bought the gold edition at launch last year

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I've been kicking around picking up the season pass while its on sale for $13 on PSN. What is everyones thoughts on it? Worth the money or nah?

For $13 it's a great pickup. Anything over $15 is too much for this, but I don't care about the Sniper maps and the other extra stuff should be free for all players.

If I had got it for $13 it would've made me enjoy the support for the game a bit more... but I paid full price to support IOI and I think it's the worst seasons pass I've bought for the amount of money I payed.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah there's the 2 sniper maps that I don't care for.
Probably some extra stuff I can't think of really, I bought the gold edition at launch last year
For $13 it's a great pickup. Anything over $15 is too much for this, but I don't care about the Sniper maps and the other extra stuff should be free for all players.

If I had got it for $13 it would've made me enjoy the support for the game a bit more... but I paid full price to support IOI and I think it's the worst seasons pass I've bought for the amount of money I payed.

Thanks. I pulled the trigger.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
How long does the current Elusive last for? Haven't seen the end date anywhere.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Some of the best tools in the game (electrocution phone and that poison pistol) are expansion pass rewards. And the maps are great! As someone who didn't care that much for the sniper stuff in the vanilla game I really had a lot of fun with the expansion sniper maps. Especially Hantu Port.

Oct 29, 2017
So i finally got to play the Bank mission last night and its pretty great; I loved the interview part but I do have a question. The last part I had to do was getting the hard drive from the investigator and I tried getting the water cooler to leak on the 2nd floor where he travels down to that room with his team on the computers thinking he would slip or something. Nothing happened. Is there a way to use this against this guy other than to just toss something there to electrocute him?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wow, that's great. Wish IOI would build a native randomizer in all versions of the game. Hitman seems like a game that would greatly benefit from randomized runs.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's great. Wish IOI would build a native randomizer in all versions of the game. Hitman seems like a game that would greatly benefit from randomized runs.
i'd wouldn't be surprised if they put something like it in 3. i think this is the first actual mod to do it, but there have been web app based loadout randomizers that streamers have used to do runs since the first game.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
i'd wouldn't be surprised if they put something like it in 3. i think this is the first actual mod to do it, but there have been web app based loadout randomizers that streamers have used to do runs since the first game.
Exactly. I'm playing on PS4 so sadly I can't use mods like this one, but I don't understand why we aren't seeing more official randomizers in games. It's a great concept that adds a lot of replayability to games like this.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry for the threadbump, but I've finally put more time into Hitman 2 ever since watching the ace NoClip documentary and it has clicked for me more than before; I've managed to finish the Mumbai level just now.

I bought the Expansion Pass too but I can't figure out how to access the new levels and content. The in-game DLC menu seems to just take me to the steam page for the game, and if I look at the game properties on steam, under DLC everything seems to be listed and installed; the New York bank map, the island one, etc. But I have no idea how to actually play any of these in-game. I think part of the problem may be the slightly overcomplicated menu system; there has been so much added to the game I'm not even 100% sure where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sorry for the threadbump, but I've finally put more time into Hitman 2 ever since watching the ace NoClip documentary and it has clicked for me more than before; I've managed to finish the Mumbai level just now.

I bought the Expansion Pass too but I can't figure out how to access the new levels and content. The in-game DLC menu seems to just take me to the steam page for the game, and if I look at the game properties on steam, under DLC everything seems to be listed and installed; the New York bank map, the island one, etc. But I have no idea how to actually play any of these in-game. I think part of the problem may be the slightly overcomplicated menu system; there has been so much added to the game I'm not even 100% sure where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Check the destinations tab at the top of the main menu. They should be at the far right there.

Oct 29, 2017
Thats it, thanks! As I've not completed the main story campaign yet its suggesting I shouldn't play any of the DLC levels yet. Cheers for the help.

I still havent completed the main story yet either but have played the Bank a few times. Just skip the cutscenes. Honestly, I couldnt tell you what the story in this game is anyway. There are some shady secret society people out there that need to die....thats enough for me.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Thats it, thanks! As I've not completed the main story campaign yet its suggesting I shouldn't play any of the DLC levels yet. Cheers for the help.
You're welcome :). There's also some other additional content on maps you've already had, but you have to download those missions seperately from Steam and they don't really change up the maps that much. They mainly just add other targets to them.

Oct 29, 2017
You're welcome :). There's also some other additional content on maps you've already had, but you have to download those missions seperately from Steam and they don't really change up the maps that much. They mainly just add other targets to them.

Is that it? I havent played them yet but the files were fairly large for just adding a couple NPCs and routes.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, where would I find these non-Steam additions? On the main Hitman website? Odd that I've never seen it mentioned in-game yet. I've got plenty of content to work through for now anyways.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wait, where would I find these non-Steam additions? On the main Hitman website? Odd that I've never seen it mentioned in-game yet. I've got plenty of content to work through for now anyways.
No no, sorry. You have to download them seperately, from Steam. They are not included with the map packs, but they are part of the Expansion Pass. I think they are called Special Assignment 1 and 2, but I'm not sure on that.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Special stream for the anniversary here, uh soonish I think ?

edit: it's at 16 CET which is in about an hour from this edit

Last edited:

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
NRoovaedmmbaepr-1024x576.png

No new elusive but a lot of content including a pirate outfit.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
When did they announce they were working on Hitman 3?

Here
We're very proud of what we've achieved so far with HITMAN 2 over the last 12 months and we're already looking at what's to come next for the Hitman franchise – but we've still got a lot we want to do with HITMAN 2 before then, starting with a bumper roadmap of content!

And here
After 13 months of full-time support and content for HITMAN 2 – at no additional cost (besides what we added through the Expansion Pass), we're now at a place where we are looking increasingly to the future. In real terms, we're moving more and more of the HITMAN 2 team to join the next Hitman game, which is well underway.