• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I thought the Escalation was pretty fun 🤷🏼‍♂️. Yeah, it was pretty simple and you could do all 3 levels in 10 minutes or so, but I had fun with it.

I hope they bring the Christmas stuff back in December, since I missed it last year.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It was neat but not particularly exciting. I think I'd have liked it more if it was a little more structured around stealthily killing everyone like in a horror movie, like some of the challenge packs are, rather than just you doing whatever you want to get through all the guards. As is, the concept of it being a dream was interesting but they could have done more with that, hmm.

I basically used the third level to practice sniping, since I've done that super rarely. And so in the process I uhhhhhh finally figured out what it meant by using R2 to steady aim, oops.

I hope they bring the Christmas stuff back in December, since I missed it last year.

I think it'll probably be back, and permanently too? At least, the note about what's still coming for Hitman 2 made it seem that way.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If the escalation was "kill all the guards" it would have been fine
KO is just bullshit and a chore

...are you talking about knocking out the target? Cause you absolutely could kill all the guards; the condition was knocking out or killing them.

(Unless you were playing for points, I guess...?)

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...are you talking about knocking out the target? Cause you absolutely could kill all the guards; the condition was knocking out or killing them.

(Unless you were playing for points, I guess...?)
Yes I know you can just kill the guards, but I usually like to go for SA on the last level of an escalation, and you can't kill them if you want it.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I find map clears a bit tedious compounded with the last level of an escalation meaning it is your third go around with minor tweaks.

Otherwise I always love a map reskin/tweak even if this one was ultimately scattering some props and lights around.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Haven't really touched the game in months but bought the season pass and excited to try that out

really hope Hitman 3 is episodic, much better content flow

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent maybe an hour trying to get SA on the sapienza escalation with the PC hack thing
Was on a perfect run with just the PC to go and got fucked by a random head turn. Yeah I gave up on SA and left the mission while getting shot up.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Is there going to be another Sapienza elusive target? I missed the previous ones and it's the last suit with gloves that I need.

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit. I unlocked the electrocution phone and this thing is basically a cheat code. Is there anyway to get caught using this thing?

Oct 29, 2017
I finally played Haven Island last night and I like the level but I feel like I am going about this all wrong. I went the route to give the one target the keys to the jet ski assuming he would crash, but...he never does? Am I missing something? I see you can plant a remote explosive on it but I didnt bring one with me and could never find one in the level.

Also, I disguised myself as the personal trainer but I dont see a point ever where there are no people around to use the bench press kill and I feel like Im missing something here.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I finally played Haven Island last night and I like the level but I feel like I am going about this all wrong. I went the route to give the one target the keys to the jet ski assuming he would crash, but...he never does? Am I missing something? I see you can plant a remote explosive on it but I didnt bring one with me and could never find one in the level.

Also, I disguised myself as the personal trainer but I dont see a point ever where there are no people around to use the bench press kill and I feel like Im missing something here.
There's a remote explosive in
the security outpost

The bench press kill is easiest to do if you start off as the personal trainer, otherwise it can take a while for the guy to cycle through.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
When it comes to Hitman, the world is so fascinating. There's always stuff going on, so there's countless opportunities available.

One thing I've learned about myself since playing Hitman 1 is that I'm not...very creative. I tend to kill with a silencer or some over basic way, but I see so many others doing cooler things. I would ask how to have a more creative approach, but that really comes down to me experimenting with the game more often. I already find the game really fun as it is, so I know doing more will only enhance that feeling.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I've been going back and knocking out legacy mastery as I only hit like level 5-10ish across the old maps. I had forgot there is stuff not just tied to mastery levels. Does this list look to be fairly complete and updated or something better out there? I notice it doesn't have the extra starting locations so may need to track those down separately.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, forgot about that one. I think they're the exception, just do planning on every map after you've got level 20 mastery and it shouldn't take long to figure out which you're missing.
I'm trying to catch up on the challenge packs and man some of them blow ass. The bangkok hotel staff one, the hokkaido ninja one, the scarecrow one are just straight up trash. Wish they'd improved them.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, forgot about that one. I think they're the exception, just do planning on every map after you've got level 20 mastery and it shouldn't take long to figure out which you're missing.
I'm trying to catch up on the challenge packs and man some of them blow ass. The bangkok hotel staff one, the hokkaido ninja one, the scarecrow one are just straight up trash. Wish they'd improved them.
I didn't think those first two were too bad, but that Scarecrow one was horrific. I dunno how the fire one is even possible without the Wicker Man easter egg, and even then it was a pain getting people to witness things without accidentally burning them up as well.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
IO said they're going to be cycling through the targets again after the final (new) elusive ends this month, so... eventually.

So no new ETs for the 2018 game and they're not bringing back all the Legacy ETs?

Bummer. But I guess they gotta save some for the third game. I think they missed the mark big time with this concept for the recent game. It seemed so promising after The Undying but it seems they peaked with the first one...

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Expansion pass at $10 is super tempting... for whatever reason, I played S1 for close to a 100 hours but never got around to digging into Hitman 2 that much.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Expansion pass at $10 is super tempting... for whatever reason, I played S1 for close to a 100 hours but never got around to digging into Hitman 2 that much.
I find myself in the same spot. I still feel it was due to the episodic release.

I picked up the season pass about a month ago when it was 13 and I still haven't played any of the content yet.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Reinstalled this, continuing where I left off which was Marrakesh. (still got tons of H2 contents!)
Anyone know what the "dance till you drop" challenge is in that level? Rather ask first before looking it up.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised that the pirate escalation wasn't grindy garbage. Kinda challenging but not complete shite.
Above: hard to figure out.
You have to dismiss every soldier you can dismiss with the "captain" disguise (red cap), then you'll be able to turn on some music for them to dance (and use the loudspeaker thing that is used in a kill opportunity). Then kill zeydan. I think it's in that order.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Pleasantly surprised that the pirate escalation wasn't grindy garbage. Kinda challenging but not complete shite.
Above: hard to figure out.
You have to dismiss every soldier you can dismiss with the "captain" disguise (red cap), then you'll be able to turn on some music for them to dance (and use the loudspeaker thing that is used in a kill opportunity). Then kill zeydan. I think it's in that order.
How...very specific yeah I don't think I would've figured that out.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Completed Marrakesh and the bonus mission "A house built on sand". I only need to complete the Escalation for it and man, the sniper you get from that looks insane. Silenced, 4x zoom and 2 more bonuses I forgot.

Definitely a must have. Next up will be Bangkok. The value you get for this game, when you include the legacy maps too, is insane. I need to check my playtime but it's crazy to think I have a lot of contents left.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
December

a97gaqg9of241.png

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
finished haven, 20 mastery, saso done, master mode done

the leveldesign is great and in many ways the opposite of or rather complementary to the bank level, very wide and beautiful location with tons of options and possibilities. however I have to say the kills didn't seem to be very spectacular, interesting or unique. we have seen many of them already in variations and apart from the usb stick thingy there wasn't really that much going on. although I did enjoy gassing them all in the underground sever farm, that was a fun idea. but was there something I missed? what is going on with that squid hologram down there?

anyway, it was a good sendoff level after the bank, which I personally found to be disappointing. Miami and Sgail stay the best levels in this installment though, but in general, the quality of the levels was extremely high, only whittleton creek and the bank were kind of mediocre, the others can easily be counted among the best levels in the franchise.

I do have to say, though, that I do feel the fatigue a bit now. I am not sure what I want from Hitman 3, after Hitman 2016 I said they could release levels until the day I die and I would buy them all, now I have to admit I am feeling a bit tired, which is why I waited so long to catch up the new content. Which is really good btw. they made more great improvements to the user interface and added a lot of fun content with good unlocks. I mean seriously the electro phone and the emetic gun are super fun and useful. I got 100 hours into Himan 2016 and now 70 hours into Hitman 2 and altough I got 30 more hours out of Hitman 2016 due to the episodic model I have to say I am not sure which model I prefer or would want for Hitman 3, I can see the advantages of both.

Anyway, IOI are still on top of their game when it comes to level design, it's incredible what they do and no other developer or franchise comes close to this. I also think the game works great as a shooter, I enjoy the challenges/escalations that allow you do massacre the level just to let of some steam.

As I mentioned before, I think I'd like something more from Hitman 3 than just 5 or 6 new levels again in the same engine. And apart from that I'd still like the sex to come back to Hitman again, after 2 full games without strip clubs or the like I am certain this must have been a conscious decision and I wonder why that was made.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Excluding Master mode (for now) and the fortune teller stuff (and 1 missing disguise, probably food vendor) i'm done with marrakesh. Got the super good sniper from the escalation so, next up I'll check out Bangkok!