• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's one way to keep the system "on pace" with the others... if it actually works as intended... I should try Control out to see how it works for me on Google Fiber.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's a bit silly, there's so many remote play and cloud streaming options that this is just meh

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Any demo? I want to see how it looks and plays before hand though I'm probably going to play it on my XSX

OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Any demo? I want to see how it looks and plays before hand though I'm probably going to play it on my XSX
Very little is known about this and we're 5 days from release now. Control on Switch had a playable trial, but who knows if this one will have as well.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
In theory this should work as Hitman rarely requires quick-twitch reflexes. It should just offer the whole 1+2+3 experience given the many barriers to entry.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If I was a Switch only console gamer I'd 100% buy/play this via Cloud streaming.

Loving that the Switch is getting more cloud streaming support.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Huh more cloud games

are they selling well ?
Kind of difficult to say, but there's no indication that Control is doing particularly well. Right now it's got a 30% off discount in Europe and isn't anywhere on the eShop charts, so it's not selling in great numbers or anything. It might be selling routinely well enough to justify its existence though. (Edit: this point is not correct/relevant, see responses below).

I'd be surprised if there weren't a demo, probably the same kind of time-limited demo as Control.

Assuming that there is a demo, it might be worth waiting a day or so before trying it. Control had early issues.

Last edited:

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of difficult to say, but there's no indication that Control is doing particularly well. Right now it's got a 30% off discount in Europe and isn't anywhere on the eShop charts, so it's not selling in great numbers or anything. It might be selling routinely well enough to justify its existence though.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a demo, probably the same kind of time-limited demo as Control.

Assuming that there is a demo, it might be worth waiting a day or so before trying it. Control had early issues.

There is one reason for that: you technically can download the client for free, since it allows you to try it for a few minutes before deciding whether to purchase it or not. The purchase option isn't on the eShop, rather it's inside the game/client itself. Thus, the game is tracked as an item free to download, which means it'll never chart in the current eShop rankings for paid items. The only way to grasp "something" about its performance is to use the Search function and look at the ranking for all items (paid + free) by popularity (i.e. amount of downloads), but that won't provide a good representation of how many full-game purchases are happening since it just tracks the amount of downloads for the free client.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Huh more cloud games

are they selling well ?
this is just one of two that were announced at the same time a few months ago (hitman 3 and control). they're the only ones (aside from the two Japan-exclusive ones from a few years ago).

Kind of difficult to say, but there's no indication that Control is doing particularly well. Right now it's got a 30% off discount in Europe and isn't anywhere on the eShop charts, so it's not selling in great numbers or anything. It might be selling routinely well enough to justify its existence though.
it can't be even be in the eShop charts since it's a free launcher app (with the trial) and you buy the full-license in-game.

will this include levels from 1 and 2?
Hitman 3 doesn't include H1+2 levels anywhere unless you also own those games. I assume you can buy those levels on-top as DLC if you jump in later (I bought them on release so I don't know what it's like to jump in later).

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
There is one reason for that: you technically can download the client for free, since it allows you to try it for a few minutes before deciding whether to purchase it or not. The purchase option isn't on the eShop, rather it's inside the game/client itself. Thus, the game is tracked as an item free to download, which means it'll never chart in the current eShop rankings for paid items. The only way to grasp "something" about its performance is to use the Search function and look at the ranking for all items (paid + free) by popularity (i.e. amount of downloads), but that won't provide a good representation of how many full-game purchases are happening since it just tracks the amount of downloads for the free client.
Good point. On that metric I suppose it's not doing too badly (for me it's listed as the 14th item within the "Action" genre), but as you say that's only downloads and not a reflection of how those convert to sales, and as the first major cloud game available globally on Switch there would have been a reasonably high curiosity factor that drove people to download.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 doesn't include H1+2 levels anywhere unless you also own those games. I assume you can buy those levels on-top as DLC if you jump in later (I bought them on release so I don't know what it's like to jump in later).
yeah, that's why i was asking. since you can't buy 1 and 2 on switch, i was wondering if there's a way to play them in 3. i think you're right, they're probably available as dlc.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently wanting to play hitman on your Switch is a bad thing? Because you can stream it from... Elsewhere?

Because reasons??

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Publishers having to manage the infrastructure for a small handful of games doesn't seem particularly fruitful. Nintendo should work to get apps for the bigger streaming services instead.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Eventually someone's going to find some convoluted way to access Hitman VR functionality through the switch

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
A number of cloud-based games were previously released on the eshop only in Japan. Not a stretch to wonder whether these are region-exclusive too.
These games came out ages ago and we're never features in our Directs. Control and Hitman 3 Cloud were announced not too long ago. Is there even any relevant content nowadays that releases in the US but not in Europe ?

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks but no thanks. I would love to have a native hitman game on Switch though. Even if they're older games.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome, I'll probably pick it up. I played and beat Control Cloud Version on Switch when that came out and had a shockingly good experience. My internet speed is nothing super impressive, but experienced almost no lag or other issues, ran great and looked great. While I do have a gaming PC to play stuff like this on, I get more playtime out of them being able to play in Switch portable mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
why do I keep reading this claim for every single third party game?
Almost all of my third party games are on the switch with the exception of games that are graphically demanding or a serious downgrade from other ports i.e. Doom Eternal, RES 7, etc.

I don't mind a minor hit but when a game is so demanding that you have to stream it...it's kind of a no brainer to just play it elsewhere. In any case, the more options the better