• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
The smaller size of the PS5 hard drive makes it a pain in the ass to have to download these previous games to unlock the content in Hitman 3.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Hmmmm...I was never really a huge Hitman fan but the positive press and state share Stadia feature makes me kinda want to grab it on Stadia.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
In my view the story is the least important thing mainly serving as a reason to go to a new location or create a villain for you to kill- there are little stories running through each level but I feel you can play the levels in any sequence and experience what makes Hitman so great.
Playing a game when everyone else is telling about it is always nice and if it turns out you really love it; then 2 whole games of other incredible content can be bought as DLC.
Just what I was hoping to hear, thanks!

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
This may have already been answered, but can you get achievements/trophies from the first two games by playing the versions of them on three? Do they share the same achievement/trophy list or is Hitman 2016 a different achievement/trophy list than Hitman 2016 on Hitman 3?

I've never played this trilogy but am interested... I also want to get the achievements/trophies for the first two though.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
This may have already been answered, but can you get achievements/trophies from the first two games by playing the versions of them on three? Do they share the same achievement/trophy list or is Hitman 2016 a different achievement/trophy list than Hitman 2016 on Hitman 3?

I've never played this trilogy but am interested... I also want to get the achievements/trophies for the first two though.

Hitman 3 has 3 dlc trophy sets for the Legacy maps. One for Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and the Hitman 2 expansions. They are different and separate from those games' standalone trophies lists. In Hitman 3 they require getting to Mastery Level 20 and doing all the mission stories for every map so you'll still get a lot out of it if replayability is your thing.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 3 has 3 dlc trophy sets for the Legacy maps. One for Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and the Hitman 2 expansions. They are different and separate from those games' standalone trophies lists. In Hitman 3 they require getting to Mastery Level 20 and doing all the mission stories for every map so you'll still get a lot out of it if replayability is your thing.

Oh wow. Thanks! I'll just play through the first and second on then first before going to the third one.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A wednesday with a global release time will probably be the weirdest release scenario we get for a long time lol

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I own Hitman 1 and 2 from various sales but haven't played them. Is there any reason to play them individually vs as level packs in 3? Do the level packs in 3 contain whatever there is in the other two games as far as a story?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So my Profile in the IOI website shows both Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 as registered products, tied to my PSN account. Does that mean I'm good to go, and that I don't have to re-download them for the maps to be accesible in Hitman 3?

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I thought if you had already purchased those it'll just show up in the Hitman 3 store to "purchase" again?
Maybe I'm misreading the IOI guide, but I think you need to have Hitman 2 and the Legacy Pack for Hitman 1 downloaded on your console (for PS5) for Hitman 3 to recognize that you qualify for free downloads of each pack?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Maybe I'm misreading the IOI guide, but I think you need to have Hitman 2 and the Legacy Pack for Hitman 1 downloaded on your console (for PS5) for Hitman 3 to recognize that you qualify for free downloads of each pack?
I think that's only for the disc version but it sounds like you mean the digital version?
I appreciate IO releasing this on my 30th birthday, nice little present to myself.
😮

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Wait, so everybody's running on Australia time for the game's release? Weird.

New Zealand time mate. Aussies are two hours behind.

But seriously, this isn't an MMO. The requirement to launch when servers can be maintained is complete bullshit for an exclusively single-player game (especially one I went to the shops and bought physically at lunch today, but cannot make progress in until tomorrow - a day after the advertised launch date).

Hardly the most pressing concern in 2021, but still frustrating as someone who set time aside to play tonight.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm 38 years old and this is the first time since my early 20s where I'm very tempted to just stay home tomorrow and play this all day. Realistically I'll probably take off a couple hours early, but that is me going far to play a video game.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have ANY sniper rifle unlocked for future use via Mastery levels. First order of business once I get things imported into 3 is going to be going ham on some of the H1 locales to get enough. I've always like the Bangkok level and I really want to try out lots of the other kill options.

Going through the list, it really seems like the kill options are a lot simpler than the main stages of H2.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Ya that's extremely frustrating. First I was mad I couldn't preload on the stupid epic store... I at least thought I would start the download tonight but I guess not either...

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Between the 3 games I'm so confused about what items/suits have transferred around. From looking, I guess my suits from Hitman 1 transferred into Hitman 2, but not any items or actual level progress - I assume that was just the way it worked, rather than anything I forgot to do.

It's been so long though that I'm actually looking forward to playing through all of the levels from the start again.

I'll say it again though, I do miss the episodic release format. It was amazing having everyone playing the same level at the same time and being able to swap tips and tricks for it almost in real time via the forum. There was a real shared sense of discovery.

Also kudos to IOI for the way the entire trilogy looks. You can go back to Hitman 1 and it still looks like a game that could be coming out next week.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So this has probably been answered in the thread already but I don't see it in the OP (unless I'm blind), how do you get access to the 'improved' versions of Hitman 1 and 2 on consoles? Never got around to playing them and I want to pick up 3 but I'll play through 1 and 2 first. Do you just download them in the menu somewhere?

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
So this has probably been answered in the thread already but I don't see it in the OP (unless I'm blind), how do you get access to the 'improved' versions of Hitman 1 and 2 on consoles? Never got around to playing them and I want to pick up 3 but I'll play through 1 and 2 first. Do you just download them in the menu somewhere?
If you buy H3 on consoles you can buy H1 and H2 access dlc through H3 client if you don't own them yet.

If you already own them you have to download a legacy pass from H1 to access on H3 and apparently if you own H2 it should let you redeem a legacy pass for it on H3 for free.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm lost? New Zealand is literally two hours ahead of Australia, which is why NZ is used as the earliest unlock time for Xbox gamers (other platforms don't allow for such easy 'timehacks' I don't think?). Hitman 3 would have released digitally 16.5 hours ago if it was a typical game.
It honestly doesn't really matter, just an odd thing I noticed. The game release at 2pm for the devs so maybe they just found that time more convenient.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
If you buy H3 on consoles you can buy H1 and H2 access dlc through H3 client if you don't own them yet.

If you already own them you have to download a legacy pass from H1 to access on H3 and apparently if you own H2 it should let you redeem a legacy pass for it on H3 for free.
Is this the same for people who own the physical versions of hitman 1 and 2 I haven't played them for a long time I wonder how they would know?

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, its already Jan 20 here in Singapore and still no disk copy. Will try again tomorrow

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've downloaded both 1 and 2 on my ps5, downloaded the legacy pack of 1 into 2 and I can't figure out how to get the free goty version upgrade.
Maybe I'm stupid, will that be free only on the store for 3 when it unlocks?

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Is this the same for people who own the physical versions of hitman 1 and 2 I haven't played them for a long time I wonder how they would know?
According to the pre-launch guide by Kyuuji :

How to get it
– Consoles:
If you own a physical disc copy of HITMAN 2 Standard Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost through the HITMAN 2 in-game store. (You will see the full listing price if you look for the Access Pass in the PS/Xbox store as a disc owner.) On Xbox, you also need to own a digital copy of either HITMAN 3 or the HITMAN 2 Free Starter Pack before navigating to the in-game store.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

Are the H1&2 access DLC just the price if H1&2 or is it at a reduced price?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
We still do not know prices as far as I know. I decided to buy both H1&2 with the current sale on PSN (80% off), I find it very unlikely that the access passes will be cheaper. They will be more convenient though.
Okay thanks for the info, the games arent discounted on Xbox right now. So unless if it's like $20-30 I'll wait for those games to go on sale again.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it, bought this on the PS5. I've been trying to minimize my spending, but I really need a fun game to play and take my mind off things. Boy this UI is a mess, though. I think I'm downloading the PS5 version now.

Looks like the game is unlocking at some bizarre time? It's already the 20th here. I just started working so I'm not in a huge hurry or anything like that, but I can't even remember the last Playstation release that didn't unlock at midnight.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Fuck it, bought this on the PS5. I've been trying to minimize my spending, but I really need a fun game to play and take my mind off things. Boy this UI is a mess, though. I think I'm downloading the PS5 version now.

Looks like the game is unlocking at some bizarre time? It's already the 20th here. I just started working so I'm not in a huge hurry or anything like that, but I can't even remember the last Playstation release that didn't unlock at midnight.
The game will be released simultaneously at the selected regions and countries. And it's midnight somehwere.

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, its already Jan 20 here in Singapore and still no disk copy. Will try again tomorrow
I'm in Hong Kong. Just heard from my shop and an saw on an online forum that the Asia version (PS4/PS5) has been delayed to 1st Feb. Don't know how reliable the news is, but it's not showing up at any shops, not even the HK PS store. I'm guessing it's the same for Singapore.

That sucks. Was going to grab it on day 1. But now I might just wait for the inevitable trilogy pack.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
PCGamer review says there are only 3 mission stories on most levels. Obviously, Hitman's replayability doesn't come from mission levels only but still a bit disappointing.

"In the other levels there are, surprisingly, only three Mission Stories per map, compared to an average of about ten in the previous two games' levels."

We have more mission stories than three per location, we just decided tonot put a guidance on all of them.So look around and you'll find some really cool things to do...

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Six hours, huh. Weird, but I stop working around then so I guess it doesn't really matter to me.