• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
The reflections in that video aren't screen space are they? (on the outside of the building in Dubai, where non screen space objects are shown)
I assume those are the non raytraced reflections to which the user was referring.

Hitman 2 used them in a handful of places for mirrors.
Whatever the case , I can't wait to do it all again for the 3rd time and see what other amazingly realised environments and architecture you've put together for the new content- it's my most anticipated game by far!

After a rewatch it looks like a specially drawn planar reflection like they use for standard mirrors. As soon as he climbs into the building you can see that the reflections of the window's frame are SSR. It might be the only set of windows in the game that work like that but it's a fancy introduction scene to the game so probably worth any extra effort it took.

Edit: never mind, I didn't follow the conversation properly. Apparently hitman previously didn't use SSR at all, but I didn't realise that.

Last edited:

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It only do hitman games look good, but their engine is always silky smooth for me. God bless this studio.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What made these games so endearing to me is those playthroughs with Dan and Brad on Giant bomb.
Brad trying to go straight and Narrow while Dan forces him to do stupid shit... omg. That was soooo good.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman, one of the best puzzle games going.
One of the biggest compliments I can give Hitman is it takes 2 genres I'm not very good at or have much time for (stealth and puzzles) and combines them in a way I find both accessible and extremely engaging.

Normally I find stealth and puzzles a tiresome chore, but I absolutely love playing Hitman.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I am a huge fan of the franchise since the very first one and love the 2 last games, but I can't say I am super excited for this, it just looks too similar to the other two games. I mean after hitman 2016 I said I could play more episodes/expansions for the rest of my life and I guess that is true and I will certainly buy this day 1, but still, it does not look very exciting.
and dubai is basically another hotel mission, I am really starting to miss the dirt and the sexiness that used to be a part of every installment in the franchise.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I think all of you will be happy to hear is that we have managed to get the size of the game down significantly. All three games with all content will take up around 100gb.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Does playing hitman 1 and 2 through the hitman 3 launcher with upgraded visuals still let you get the trophies for hitman 1 and 2?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still unsure what to do about this game - afaik they STILL haven't confirmed if we can have cross-ecosystem progression carry over for our world of assassination stuff right? I played 1 on Xbox, 2 on PC and redid much of 1 there. I have PC VR, but also if the console versions are fine this is the kind of game I'd rather play on my console. I don't want to redo the previous levels for a third time.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this game. I just hope it doesn't eat the entire SSD on the PS5. Hitman 2 was already 110 or some crazy shit. I can't imagine all that content and NEW content being under 160.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
UGH 1080P on youtube sucks!

*watches in 480p*
dd0.png

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Is there going to be a Covid environment mission? Everyone wearing masks is a gold mine scenario for a Hitman game.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So for someone wanting to get into these games, do you just buy Hitman 3 and you get all the content from the previous 2? How does it work?
For Hitman 2 you needed Hitman 1 to get it for free, or a paid separate «Legacy pack» (around 20$) that includes everything without the need to buy the first game. So I suppose something similar will be available.

store.steampowered.com

HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack on Steam

This is the full Legacy Pack, which includes all remastered locations and missions from Season 1 and The Game of The Year Upgrade. The bundle includes: - All content from Season 1 - The Patient Zero Bonus campaign - 3 Themed Escalation Contracts - 3 extra Outfits - 3 extra Weapons...

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I am a huge fan of the franchise since the very first one and love the 2 last games, but I can't say I am super excited for this, it just looks too similar to the other two games. I mean after hitman 2016 I said I could play more episodes/expansions for the rest of my life and I guess that is true and I will certainly buy this day 1, but still, it does not look very exciting.
and dubai is basically another hotel mission, I am really starting to miss the dirt and the sexiness that used to be a part of every installment in the franchise.
I felt exactly like this about Hitman 2 and then I played it.

Even if it looks extremely similar to the previous games at a glance, I know in practice it will be filled with a lot of super entertaining shit, with incredibly designed levels and an absurd amount of options to carry out missions. The humor woven into all of this insanity is just...*chef's kiss*

s y

Nov 8, 2017
reminder that the preorder for Hitman 3 is currently discounted for PS+ subs at $53.99

Oct 25, 2017
So how does playing the Hitman 1 and 2 maps work for Hitman 3? You need to own both Hitman 1 and 2 in the same ecosystem (eg, all on Steam or all on EGS)? Do the maps work with the Hitman 3 engine?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So how does playing the Hitman 1 and 2 maps work for Hitman 3? You need to own both Hitman 1 and 2 in the same ecosystem (eg, all on Steam or all on EGS)? Do the maps work with the Hitman 3 engine?

You have to own the game on the same platform - IO track ownership externally to the store data, so maps will unlock.
Xbox/PS/PC are the platforms

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Shout out to IO for showing real gameplay of the game. For being honest about their rollout and setting the right expectations. Marketing the game appropriately. I hope people buy it. The series isn't for me but I came in to give kudos

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have this PSN issue where it doesnt think you own Hitman 2? I got the Hitman 2 Gold Edition on day one but the store thinks I don't own it. I'm worried that map importing into HItman 3 is gonna be borked for me unless ownership is truly tracked externally like mentioned above. I noticed this when I tried to redownload it on my PS5
74YSGrf.png

Oct 25, 2017
Ok excellent

Will the maps use the Hitman 3 engine?
Answering my own question:

Beyond the three locations that have already been revealed, the refinements provided by the Glacier engine will come to maps from Hitman 1 and 2, so there'll be plenty of content available on launch day should you race through your new missions.
So, graphics and gameplay are all from Hitman 3? Or is the environment and models from the game it came from?