• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
13f7eb2d95bb0f1f2e558f04ddb1fa2448d3a5e9.jpeg

https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=Blo...vm1Oln1DOoN1vvA4gv1I&form_id=pegi_search_form

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh is WB publishing IO's stuff now? Talk about out of the frying pan

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Having recently played both. I still say Absolution is by far the better game. Blood Money wasn't bad, but you can tell it's sort of in this odd gap between the old style and trying to take that next step forward.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I never understood the despise for Absolution. Yeah it's not in the same league of Blood money, but it's acceptable and the last Hitman use very similar gameplay mechanics.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one should have to go through Absolution again. It should be reserved as punishment for the worst war criminals.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Money has it's fans but honestly Hitman 2016 (I hate rebooted names) is miles better.

You'll hear a lot of hate for Absolution, but it has some strong levels similar to what you would expect from the franchise. It does feel like they melted Hitman down, and then poured it into a generic AAA game mold so it still has problems.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
the most fun in Hitman: Absolution is to play 'Contracts' levels with large amounts of enemies while listening soundtrack from Hotline Miami

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
I really adored Absolution but it's also the only Hitman game I finished. But I also tend to prefer my stealth games to be a tad linear.

I'll likely give Blood Money a try on PS4 as I hear it's one of the best ones.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Ah, you are talking about that famous bodybuilding program Abs Solution by Mister 47 himself? That was a fine one, to be honest.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I never understood the despise for Absolution. Yeah it's not in the same league of Blood money, but it's acceptable and the last Hitman use very similar gameplay mechanics.
Absolution had a strange tonal shift. Hitman had a sort of classy tone to it to contrast with the violent nature of the game. Absolution went full grungy grindhouse which gave the game a very different feel than the others.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
seems a bit redundant to bring them to XBO. I don't think I'll upgrade to the higher resolutions or whatever, I believe I got both games for free through GWG.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
No, it doesn't. It uses some stuff that was introduced in Absolution, but in a much improved fashion (you can turn most hand-holdy stuff from Absolution off and the disguise system actually works) and brought the core gameplay back to how it used to be vs. Absolution's very scripted, very linear mission structure.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blood Money baby! One of the best stealth game ever made. Though am I allowed to ask why it's not on you know what?

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Having recently played both. I still say Absolution is by far the better game. Blood Money wasn't bad, but you can tell it's sort of in this odd gap between the old style and trying to take that next step forward.
I still think Blood Money is the better game, but you are absolutely correct that Absolution feels close to the modern games while Blood Money still has a foot and a half in the past. I would have a hard time recommending Blood Money to someone today who hasn't played it before.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
The release date has passed though hmmmmm, or was that the date for the rating? Also absoution already on pc, and now blood money may get in the way of Hitman 2 sales since I know its so beloved, casuals find out about this and they'll probably say "oh I will wait for blood money instead"

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Good shit, I've been dying to replay Absolution because I'm one of the freaks that genuinely loves that game. Any excuse to play Blood Money again for what is probably the eleventh time is welcomed too.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Absolution made 47 human and showed what made him tick. Problem is the Hitman formula doesn't really work with a normal narrative. The game was trying to force two wildly different styles together and they didn't mesh.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I played an hour of Blood Money on ps3 recently.. after playing 2016, this shit doesn't seem it aged very well.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely in for Blood Money at minimum. I'm actually surprised that Hitman 2 wasn't rated. That whole collection was on ps3/360 correct?

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I never touched a Hitman game other than playing 10 minutes of demoes. Even I could see from gameplay that Absolution was ... different. Wasn't it the crazy one with nuns and a Saints Rowish vibe?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm so fucking glad we're past the point where Absolution almost killed I/O and Hitman. They literally had to write an open letter apologizing for the mess that is Absolution. I wonder if they're planning on selling these separately or as a bundle. I'll probably pick this up because there's no reliable way to play Blood Money on PC with a controller. The 360 version back in the day was my JAM so I'd love that with some resolution changes.