• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
UK store link

US store link Edit: This appears to only give you the first 2 episodes and I cannot find anything else on the US store that gives the whole season for free, if anyone from the US/with a US account downloads this can they check to see if you actually get everything?

There is an issue though, if you have downloaded the Paris episode before when it was free(or got it through PS+ when it was on that I guess) you'll get a message telling you you can't download it because you already own it, just like the issue with Uncharted 4 saying you can't get it because you already have multiplayer currency. Wish Sony would get their act together and fix shit like this.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
store.playstation.com

HITMAN™ - Edizione Game of the Year

Divertiti con il parco giochi definitivo dell'Agente 47 e diventa l'assassino più letale del mondo. Viaggia in luoghi esotici e elimina i tuoi bersagli con katane, fucili, palline da golf esplosive, sughi per la pasta scaduti e molto altro.<br/><br/>L'edizione Game of the Year di HITMAN include:<br/

The complete first season is currently free, if you try to get it and you already got the free Paris level which was free several times in the past, well, you are out of luck, PSN won't let you grab the full game.

Oct 27, 2017
This sort of PSN nonsense is something I would like to see fixed in time for PS5 launch. The thought of starting a new gen where PSN seemingly randomly acts up because of prior purchases is a highly annoying one.

EDIT: Lovely gesture making it free, though.

CORRECTION: There are workarounds/solutions. See posts #3, 7, 9 and 10.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Downloading it now, but wondering if it's meant to be free or if it's an error

Oct 29, 2017
store.playstation.com

HITMAN™ - Edizione Game of the Year

Divertiti con il parco giochi definitivo dell'Agente 47 e diventa l'assassino più letale del mondo. Viaggia in luoghi esotici e elimina i tuoi bersagli con katane, fucili, palline da golf esplosive, sughi per la pasta scaduti e molto altro.<br/><br/>L'edizione Game of the Year di HITMAN include:<br/

The complete first season is currently free, if you try to get it and you already got the free Paris level which was free several times in the past, well, you are out of luck, PSN won't let you grab the full game.
Check the pages for the individual parts rather than just clicking only the complete first season?

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
The link to me indicates it's some type of free demo thing?

"Play the beginning of HITMAN for free and become the master assassin. "
"Note: Your saved progress will transfer to the full game, if purchased."
and 2 story missions

unless it's forwarding me because I'm in Canada.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that you can play the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2 for free. All you have to do is is 'purchase' the H1 game, download the free starter pack for H2 and then you should be able to link your purchases in-game in the starter pack.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Surely it's meant to be free. IO has been pretty generous, and the first season levels are better played on Hitman 2 anyway.

Probably, I just don't get why companies don't tell people they're giving away games at the same time as they're made free

We always seem to have this period of uncertainly where it could be a nice move, or it could be a price error

If I get Hitman 2 now, can I just fire that up and play through the Hitman 1 levels?

Mar 23, 2018
It's definitely not meant to be free. It's in the list of games on sale in today's PS sale for like $9 I think

edit: never mind that's the game of the year edition. Maybe this isn't an accident?

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Probably, I just don't get why companies don't tell people they're giving away games at the same time as they're made free

We always seem to have this period of uncertainly where it could be a nice move, or it could be a price error

If I get Hitman 2 now, can I just fire that up and play through the Hitman 1 levels?
You don't even have to buy Hitman 2; just download the demo for the same. Then redeem the legacy pack from the in-game store in 1. Once the legacy levels download you'll be able to launch them in 2. But remember you have to fully download 1 twice effectively.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
This did it. Cheers!
Can you link me to one of the pages? I can't see any individual parts: no "add-ons for this game" or any first season levels when using the store's search bar.

This system Sony has implemented continues to burn me. I couldn't buy the Trine 4 pack in the last sale because I owned Trine 2 only, and it was more expensive to get them individually, so I just didn't bother. Numerous other examples like that over the years.

Oct 27, 2017
Can you link me to one of the pages? I can't see any individual parts: no "add-ons for this game" or any first season levels when using the store's search bar.

This system Sony has implemented continues to burn me. I couldn't buy the Trine 4 pack in the last sale because I owned Trine 2 only, and it was more expensive to get them individually, so I just didn't bother. Numerous other examples like that over the years.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/grid/search-game/1?query=Hitman (UK PSN link. It's in the bottom row, middle column.)

How I got it: searched for Hitman and hit enter instead of selecting Hitman s1 from the drop down list from search bar.

Yup definitely downloads full game (first time round it only grabbed Paris level):

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/grid/search-game/1?query=Hitman (UK PSN link. It's in the bottom row, middle column.)

How I got it: searched for Hitman and hit enter instead of selecting Hitman s1 from the drop down list from search bar.
This one (following your link)?

capture257kou.png

Did you already "own" the Paris level?

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You don't even have to buy Hitman 2; just download the demo for the same. Then redeem the legacy pack from the in-game store in 1. Once the legacy levels download you'll be able to launch them in 2. But remember you have to fully download 1 twice effectively.

I might just wait until Hitman 2 is on sale for a good price before I play 1 and 2

I make a point to never download demos, free trials or things like that on PSN, as doing so tends you lock you out of getting free stuff when it is given away

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017

Can you check your download list? Some users that had the Paris map claim the other maps showed up there.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be curious to see if the download gives you the full game, or if the download in your tweet is the client (which is, of course, required to be installed to play Paris) and access to Paris.

Can you check your download list? Some users that had the Paris map claim the other maps showed up there.
Still just Paris by itself.

I don't mind too much, I've already played it on PC, it was just nice to have.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be curious to see if the download gives you the full game, or if the download in your tweet is the client (which is, of course, required to be installed to play Paris) and access to Paris.

That could be it. But first time it only gave me Paris, the full game only got added to download after I went through process of downloading it. Will confirm if it's full game or not once it's done.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the link for the UK one take up more GB? Between that and it saying "Complete First Season", it comes across as it being better to download that instead of the US version, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I've downloaded the Paris episode before so it won't allow me to download the first season. Great.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Apparently I've downloaded the Paris episode before so it won't allow me to download the first season. Great.

Yeah I hope Sony fix PSN with the PS5, it's crazy how often this comes up

I don't play much online so the only benefit to having Plus would be the free games, but claiming a free game locks you out of ever owning it outside of Plus, so Plus would be an awful move for me, since I'd rather have games tied to my account

It's also why I avoid all demos and trials because I'm scared doing do will lock me out of ever owning the game for real

Oct 27, 2017

Download completed and I dunno if it's the "full game", but it's definitely more than just Paris. But there is also a lot of content that's showing as inaccessible to me due to DLC not being installed *shrug*

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Download completed and I dunno if it's the "full game", but it's definitely more than just Paris. But there is also a lot of content that's showing as inaccessible to me due to DLC not being installed *shrug*
Thanks for the update! Maybe worth checking your "Items you own" screen on the dash under the game's icon, to see if the other episodes are in there. I think they would be separate downloads, just like Paris is in your screenshot.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to add this for later but can't due to all the above Paris stuff. Maybe I'll automatically have it, but it'd be nice if the PS Store would just show it and make that simple to check, instead The complete season 1 says I can't get it because I have Paris, Paris and none of the other chapters show up separately. Urgh, whatevs, Sony, your store can be a real ball ache sometimes.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
To update on me: I just logged out, relaunched my browser session and logged back into the PS Store site and now I can see all the episodes in my Download List. To anybody looking, they won't show as freshly redeemed, they'll have the same purchase date as when you redeemed Paris, which is kind of wild because now my purchase history thinks I've owned the entire game for years now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Easily one of the best games of the generation

Redeem this content, then open up Hitman 1 to redeem it for Hitman 2 and play one hell of an experience

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Found in on German PSN. That's the complete game, I mean first season of the game and is that some sort of mistake?