• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
392625_A8-3_FA6-4770-973_A-_FF2_B5_EAA5089.jpg

https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/981518538971209728?s=21

Here's the full list of what's included in HITMAN: Definitive Edition

• Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by IOI games; Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas

D33_A5188-_C400-4023-_BF1_A-94_D8_B7_E2_E8_A1.jpg

• HITMAN Season One – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
  • HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit
  • HITMAN Bonus Episode – Featuring 3 Bonus Missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
  • HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
  • All Featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and HITMAN Game of the Year Edition

BOOM! There you have it; the announcement of HITMAN: Definitive Edition, the start of our 20th anniversary celebrations and more people than ever are playing HITMAN! We told you 2018 would be good. More to come.

Edit: Added this, looks like you can buy the outfit collection separately too.

The Anniversary Outfit bundle will be made available for purchase on digital platforms later this year.

8_F31_D4_C2-4_DDD-4_FAC-90_F7-_D49_D8_C2_C9_E76.jpg

Last edited:

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Such a great game. I wish I didn't own it so I could buy it and play it for the first time again.

Maybe I can justify a double-dip to play this on the One X...

Krustoff

Nov 1, 2017
This game is still goodie and if you haven't played it yet, you really should pick it up. It's an incredible stealth game with a ton of content and replayability.

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
Damn. I just bought the GOTY edition on the PSN sale... But, it doesn't seem like this adds a whole lot beyond that version?

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game has an upgrade option, but knowing consoles, there's no such thing. I already have most of these digitally but would love if I could just upgrade the copy I have rather than have to buy a whole new game :(

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I really hope this game has an upgrade option, but knowing consoles, there's no such thing. I already have most of these digitally but would love if I could just upgrade the copy I have rather than have to buy a whole new game :(
The upgrade just consists of 3 costumes which will be available for purchase digitally later.

Still, IOI... I fucking love your game, but to say this is a bit of a disappointment would be an understatement from me. Another "complete" or "full" or "definitive" edition, really? How confusing do you want this to get?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is this different from the GOTY edition and can you individually get/buy the new outfits?

Also, does that mean IO still have the rights to Kane and Lynch?

OP
OP
Aftermath

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017

I believe so

The Anniversary Outfit bundle will be made available for purchase on digital platforms later this year.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Interesting - this version is being published/distributed by Warner Bros. Wonder if they'll be publishing anything else by IO...

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
They released yet another edition because of those god awful costumes? Incredible.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, methinks IO needs to be careful with all the "editions" they're putting out. Just makes it confusing, and then people get mad when they bought a previous edition.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I like how they gave us 2 levels for free on psn. I'm gonna support them for doing that.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so PS4 Pro and XBox One X patches are actually on the bluray, but you need to download contents (with a voucher, I presume)?
This is just stupid if that's the case. Because not all people own an X or a Pro, so including the dlcs on bluray and leaving the optional performance patches out would be the right thing to do.

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
Wait, so PS4 Pro and XBox One X patches are actually on the bluray, but you need to download contents (with a voucher, I presume)?
This is just stupid if that's the case. Because not all people own an X or a Pro, so including the dlcs on bluray and leaving the optional performance patches out would be the right thing to do.

Those patches would be required downloads upon installation anyways, and are likely a fraction of the file size of the content downloads.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would pretty dumb. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X patches are pretty small in size. It would literally be impossible to just "include the dlcs on the bluray instead". That's literally not how it works.
well... yeah? they could have done this for XBO
no reason not to call them out (probably Warner in this case)
How many games can you remember that came out with two blu-rays, exactly?

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think the main reason for these releases is that they went independent from Square Enix last year and they need funds for development of their next thing. They got a bag of Hitman money from Square Enix when they went independent, but I can imagine that it isn't easy for them now financially.

I've never played the 2016 game, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to pick it up. :D

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How many releases are we up to now?

Lets see

HITMAN: Definitive Edition
Hitman: The Complete First Season Steel Book Edition
Hitman Intro Pack

Hitman Collector's Edition
Hitman Upgrade Pack
HITMAN™ - Game of the Year Edition (With upgrade specific versions specifically for Intro & Disc)

So yeah the launch of being episodic definitely wasn't handled very well as things went on. You can tell they wanna be done with it. Since digitally. Game of the Year Edition is the only upgrade now. You can still get the one starter pack on PSN and play that for free. But that's it.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should make a separate trophy list for this version to include a platinum and/or the Patient Zero campaign. ;)

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
As a huge Splinter Cell fan who never really got into Hitman in the past (tried it a bit but it never scratched the same itch for me), would this be a good time to jump in?

Also, what's the best way to get all the content? This version? There seems to be some confusion haha

EDIT: Actually I don't really care about these costumes, is that the only difference to the GOTY version then?

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Love hitman, but how many versions does it need hahaha. Intro pack, episodes, season pass, complete season retail disc, GOTY edition, and now the definitive edition.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
what did you want them to do ? Pack 2 Blu-ray discs in there? The game's 70GB

would've preferred that tbh, the only reason you're buying a physical "definitive edition" is to have everything on disc, kinda defeats the entire purpose if it's a patch that won't be available in 5-10 years if they decide to shut down the servers then

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many editions has this game released? Like seriously,wtf is this selling model
Three?

First Season
GOTY (digital only)
Definitive Edition (GOTY in physical edition with a very small addition to put a new name on it)
Only thing i am sure that i will celebrate is not buying IO episodic game until they release next season to be sure to get everything.
Because of content released two years later that wasn't supposed to exist in the first place? The game literally is already a full package before this. They just happened to develop and support the game with more and more things.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
cant wait for the Ultra Omega Hitman: EX Plus Alpha The Actually Complete Definitely This Time Definitive Edition in 2019!

Dec 3, 2017
This is the only game I haven't played because the way it's been released gets on my damn nerves. I'll probably just jump in when the other seasons are out and they make yet another definitive edition (but for real this time edition). Not like stealth games come out often given MGS is dead and Splinter Cell is MIA, so not feeling pressed to try out what makes Hitman so innovative and fresh, especially if they can't make up their mind on the finality of Season 1's release. Hate the way they handled this game from start to this date.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Three?

First Season
GOTY (digital only)
Definitive Edition (GOTY in physical edition with a very small addition to put a new name on it)

Because of content released two years later that wasn't supposed to exist in the first place? The game literally is already a full package before this. They just happened to develop and support the game with more and more things.

It sucks for people who support them from day 1 (i am not one of those to be clear). Instead of rewarding those people they are making them pay more and more. And in my opinion that is not ok.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, didn't they release GOTY edition end of last year?
That was digital only. This is basically just a new name for it with a very tiny bit of content to justify the change of name so they can have WB agree to release it.
This is the only game I haven't played because the way it's been released gets on my damn nerves. I'll probably just jump in when the other seasons are out and they make yet another definitive edition (but for real this time edition). Not like stealth games come out often given MGS is dead and Splinter Cell is MIA, so not feeling pressed to try out what makes Hitman so innovative and fresh, especially if they can't make up their mind on the finality of Season 1's release. Hate the way they handled this game from start to this date.
I mean, you could have just jumped on Season 1, which literally is a complete, finished game? All this anger at them just developing more things as time goes on after delivering everything they promised is pretty weird.
It sucks for people who support them from day 1 (i am not one of those to be clear). Instead of rewarding those people they are making them pay more and more. And in my opinion that is not ok.
I got it day one, got literally everything they promised and THREE EXTRA MISSIONS FOR FREE. Why should i be entitled to every single thing they develop after they already delivered everything i paid for and even more?

It's like people started whining about Ubisoft choosing to make more R6 operators each year.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I got it day one, got literally everything they promised and THREE EXTRA MISSIONS FOR FREE. Why should i be entitled to every single thing they develop after they already delivered everything i paid for and even more?

In the end you paid like 80+$ for everything and somebody who buys Definitive Edition will get everything for 60$ or less. If you are fine with that great for you, i am not fine with that.

Dec 3, 2017
I mean, you could have just jumped on Season 1, which literally is a complete, finished game? All this anger at them just developing more things as time goes on after delivering everything they promised is pretty weird.

That's not true though. Because the implication is that I would be getting the entirety of Season One at that point. But that's not what I would have gotten. I don't give a damn if it's a costume, a music track, a mission, or anything else— everything that a game has to offer, I want a part of the package, and to my understanding, that's not what I would have received had I jumped in when it was released in episodic format, season one, or GOTY. It sounds like this is the only way to get that, and that's horrendous. After they released the "Complete First Season" edition, whichever that was, it was time to move onto Season Two, man. It's not that complicated. They made it clear that the game would follow a seasonal format so they should have been moved on.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the end you paid like 80+$ for everything and somebody who buys Definitive Edition will get everything for 60$ or less. If you are fine with that great for you, i am not fine with that.
Then you probably shouldn't be fine with games in general because they literally always get cheaper with time.
That's not true though. Because the implication is that I would be getting the entirety of Season One at that point. But that's not what I would have gotten. I don't give a damn if it's a costume, a music track, a mission, or anything else— everything that a game has to offer, I want a part of the package, and to my understanding, that's not what I would have received had I jumped in when it was released in episodic format, season one, or GOTY. It sounds like this is the only way to get that, and that's horrendous. After they released the "Complete First Season" edition, whichever that was, it was time to move onto Season Two, man. It's not that complicated. They made it clear that the game would follow a seasonal format so they should have been moved on.
The First Season is literally the complete first season. The Patient Zero campaign is a separate thing that wasn't even supposed to exist before. And it was made precisely because of Season 2. Like you do realize the entire patient zero campaign is there because of their push and development of Season 2, yes? It was literally developed as way of getting new cash influx to support the studio to survive and give the consumers a slice of the new concepts they want to introduce.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Then you probably shouldn't be fine with games in general because they literally always get cheaper with time.

But with most of the games i know exactly what content i will get and when i will get it. So i can decide to buy it now or later. Hitman was a bit of an mess from the beginning. And now they are adding some content outside of the "Season Pass" just to make new Editions.