• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
In the end you paid like 80+$ for everything and somebody who buys Definitive Edition will get everything for 60$ or less. If you are fine with that great for you, i am not fine with that.

Prices go down over time. That's true for literally almost anything you can buy. You paid that extra ~$20 or so, so that you could play the game then. If you wait long enough, you can get any game for cheap.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But with most of the games i know exactly what content i will get and when i will get it. So i can decide to buy it now or later. Hitman was a bit of an mess from the beginning. And now they are adding some content outside of the "Season Pass" just to make new Editions.
And I knew exactly what content I got, and got exactly that and more, for free. It was extremely clear in all wording in literally every store of what exact content you'd get in Season 1.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
kinda fucked i have no way of playing the last episode without spending like $35 to upgrade. i've played the game at a leisurely pace, going along with their episodic nature, and suddenly i can't buy single episodes any more. the only map i haven't played is japan and i guess it's going to stay that way.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I JUST bought Dishonored 1 + 2, so this is probably too much stealth to handle all at once.

I remember people talking about new missions/challenges being released weekly for this game. How did that work and are those included?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another edition, what the hell
It's an amazing game, but sheesh. The episodic model was well implemented but this might confuse the casual market, especially with Season 2 looming, you don't want people questioning what the fuck the difference between the complete and definitive version is and why should they buy the season pass at release when there's more shit included with these complete versions for same/cheaper price.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It sucks for people who support them from day 1 (i am not one of those to be clear). Instead of rewarding those people they are making them pay more and more. And in my opinion that is not ok.
I purchased this on D1, still need o pay 20€ for the GOTY upgrade, probably more to get the new outfit bundle which I'm pretty sure will be 10€ or so.
I won't support them by purchasing S2 on release, that's sure. Not when I can pay, let's say, 50€ much later without the need to wait for each episode and to actually be able to own a complete version of the game.
And I still remember how poorly optimized the game was on release, or people forgot that? There were huge performance problems and even gamebreaking bugs like camera catching you without any hint of that, not even during the result screen, or gadgets working bad. Yes, they fixed all the issues, but they told the game wasn't an early access game, but what people bought was exactly that, an early access title.

Also:
https://venturebeat.com/2015/06/18/hitman-wont-have-a-season-pass-we-think-its-wrong/
"No dollar more, no DLC or microtransactions or stuff like that. You will buy it, and you will have entertainment for a few months on top."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aftermath

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Coming back to this thread Is there not a way they can add the elusive contracts for good then THAT I feel would be a definitive edition?

Actually my dream Ultimate Definitive edition of Hitman is

The Collectors box with Statue and Art book and everything that was included (edit: oh shit they cant cos of Square)
Physical copy of game rather than digital code that was in that above box
Steel tin and documentary plus dlc
Goty Edition Plus This New Anniversary Skins
And maybe throw in Issue One of the Official Comic

I'd pay top money for that come on IO if you are reading this

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But with most of the games i know exactly what content i will get and when i will get it. So i can decide to buy it now or later. Hitman was a bit of an mess from the beginning. And now they are adding some content outside of the "Season Pass" just to make new Editions.
Uh, you got exactly what you knew you were gonna get when you bought it. Prices go down over time. Doesn't seem that complicated, this is how it works for basically every game. They often have tiny cosmetic packs of stuff like this that aren't in season passes, as well. Like, you're becoming upset at literally a 3 costume anniversary pack. Otherwise you're just mad that the price went down 20 bucks over the course of 2 years, to which I say: of course it did, it does for every game.

Oct 28, 2017
:( shame they didn't manage to get that from Square Enix too. Seriously what the hell is Square Enix gonna do with it?

In the end you paid like 80+$ for everything and somebody who buys Definitive Edition will get everything for 60$ or less. If you are fine with that great for you, i am not fine with that.
You got the live content release schedule. The extra cash on purchases (made after they broke away from Square Enix) gives you the satisfaction of supporting one of the best independent developers in the industry. Totally worth it.

Sherlock

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Ye gads! How can a game be so bad?

After the excellence that was Absolution and the hype this one had I was really expecting more than it delivered as it just feels so meh in comparison to everything that I enjoyed in the other title. Sure I can see how some people would trumpet its a "return to form" as its closer to the original trilogies gameplay style but overall it just isn't as much fun.

Oct 25, 2017

After the excellence that was Absolution and the hype this one had I was really expecting more than it delivered as it just feels so meh in comparison to everything that I enjoyed in the other title. Sure I can see how some people would trumpet its a "return to form" as its closer to the original trilogies gameplay style but overall it just isn't as much fun.

It's an opinion I guess, but a bad one. Ditching the mostly shallow gameplay of Absolution for a game that emphasizes what makes Hitman great is a huge improvement.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

I know it's an opinion, but what on earth did you prefer about Absolution?

To me, Absolution was a misfire on almost every level, while Hitman 2016 delivered one of my favourite games of the last five years, as well as one of few good examples of how to do GAAS in a way that enhances the experience.

Sherlock

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
I know it's an opinion, but what on earth did you prefer about Absolution?

To me, Absolution was a misfire on almost every level, while Hitman 2016 delivered one of my favourite games of the last five years, as well as one of few good examples of how to do GAAS in a way that enhances the experience.

Absolutely everything. I used to be Hitman nuts in the olden days when we happily accepted wonky physics and AI that bordered on the psychic and hadn't played any in an age when I picked up Absolution a couple of years ago for as many bucks and was blown away by pretty much everything from the graphics, on screen action, freedom, storyline and all the other things that made it so great. Rarely do I find a game that makes me want to go back and retry levels I've been again just for the heck of it but this one did.

Fast forward to 2016 Hitman and it all just feels so meh and reminds me heavily of what I tolerated in the original titles way back when but amped up as I just don't enjoy the way the game plays in comparison. Have only tried a couple of hours and it most certainly hasn't clicked like I'd expect it to given the fanfare but from what I've seen it isn't a patch on Absolution at all.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Make a LTTP thread so we can rip you a new one.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
What's the point then? Deal breaker.

I was hoping to get this at retail because I only have the episodes they put up for free but I rather not bother with butchered retail releases.

Last edited:

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hey hitman-era! I have had the season 1 edition for a while, but it has been in my backlog since playing the Paris mission. Looking to get back into it.

Any tips for a newbie? I remember finding it a bit hard, and not necessarily knowing what approaches I can take. I know there is a lot, but I don't know how to do some.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely everything. I used to be Hitman nuts in the olden days when we happily accepted wonky physics and AI that bordered on the psychic and hadn't played any in an age when I picked up Absolution a couple of years ago for as many bucks and was blown away by pretty much everything from the graphics, on screen action, freedom, storyline and all the other things that made it so great. Rarely do I find a game that makes me want to go back and retry levels I've been again just for the heck of it but this one did.

Fast forward to 2016 Hitman and it all just feels so meh and reminds me heavily of what I tolerated in the original titles way back when but amped up as I just don't enjoy the way the game plays in comparison. Have only tried a couple of hours and it most certainly hasn't clicked like I'd expect it to given the fanfare but from what I've seen it isn't a patch on Absolution at all.

Freedom? Absolution didn't offer any freedom.

90% of the levels were completely linear.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Unless this has all content on disc (unlikely), this will be a hard pass for me. The digital version suits me just fine so far.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point we can expect Hitman Arcade edition and Ultra Hitman.