• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HITMAN_GOTY_BootSplash_1920x1080-1024x576.jpg

Hitman is the ultimate assassination experience, with huge sandbox levels with hundreds of different ways to play and approach it.

Developer : IO Interactive
Publisher : IO Interactive ( the game was originally published by Square Enix. Square Enix recently tried to sell of the the developer, which ended buying themselves out and now fully own and control the HITMAN IP

What is the GOTY edition?
The GOTY edition comes with all the First Season content ( 6 main history missions, 3 bonus missions, as well as lots of live content, escalations, challenges, etc) and with the brand new Patient Zero Campaign released on November 7th.

Patient Zero Campaign? What is this?
Patient_Zero_YouTube_Thumbnail_1280x720-1024x576.png

Patient Zero is a brand new campaign for HITMAN. In this campaign, with story and cutscenes of its own, you return to brand new versions of the Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado and Hokkaido maps. They have brand new opportunities, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour, and are set in a different time of the day, as well as having its own new soundtrack composed by Niels Bye Nielsen.

In adittion to this, GOTY also includes 3 new themed escalations that unlock new suits and weapons
HITMAN_GOTY-Suit-Bundle_SuperHeroArt_1920x1080-1024x576.png

New: Clown Suit and 'A New Bat'
Corky the Clown is back! This fan-favourite from Blood Money returns in HITMAN and his red wig, colourful socks and giant shoes look better than ever! Not only does the clown suit look great, but it's the only way to carry his signature weapon without attracting attention. 'A New Bat' will trigger custom sound and visual effects every time it is used.

New: Raven Suit and 'Sieger 300 Ghost'
Where tactical meets practical and stylish, you'll find the Raven Suit. This is the perfect choice for Agent 47's sniper operations. The Raven Suit is black and charcoal with the finest gloves and pockets for every tool. The Sieger 300 Ghost is a unique ICA variant of the Sieger 300 and the all-black rifle perfectly matches the Raven Suit for high-precision, high-damage long-range engagements. It's got a supressor, an extended scope with four levels of zoom and the Marksman perk, which allows you to improve your aim and slow time.

New: Cowboy Suit and 'The Striker'
The Cowboy suit is steel blue on patriotic white and comes complete with a beautiful set of albino alligator boots, sunglasses and a cowboy hat as pure as Colorado snow. Naturally, the belt buckle is the size of your fist. Accompanying this suit is The Striker; a magnum pistol that packs one hell of a punch. Not only does it have increased damage at all ranges, it also knocks back targets and has piercing rounds.

Along with the GOTY edition, there also comes a extensive new game update that will be free for all owners, with a lot of fixes and overhauls to the game.
Free Game Update/Patch for all players

So, on November 7th we will release the GOTY Edition, which we've outlined above – but there's a whole lot more coming!
Anyone who owns HITMAN will also get a game update on November 7th. We will share the full details of the game update soon, but here's some of the highlights ahead of time:

– A redesigned UI with a new colour scheme and visual style
A fresh new look across the board and re-organised menus to make it easier to find what you're looking for.

– New Contracts Mode features
'Trending' helps you find the most popular contracts, making sure you can easily find a new challenge. We're also adding 10 'Conditions' that will add huge depth to Contracts Mode, such as restricting disguise changes or requiring players to use a specific exit. Anyone who creates a contract will be able to toggle these conditions to set a more defined challenge for their contract.

– Major lighting improvements to all missions
New colour grading, readjusted HDR adaptation rules and re-designed skyboxes mean that our locations look more vivid, vibrant and lifelike.

– Commemorative Elusive Target Unlock
If you played any of the Elusive Targets we released during Season One, we're giving you an in-game coin to commemorate your progress and thank you for your support.

– Xbox One X Enhancements
A whole host of enhancements are on the way for Xbox One X owners, including options for native 4K and a higher framerate. Specific details to come in a Xbox-specific blog post.

– Tobii Eye Tracking support for PC
Enhance your killer instincts with Dynamic Light Adaptation, Extended View and a new special feature added specifically for HITMAN. Find more details here.

– Various fixes and improvements
Full release notes will be published closer to 7 November. That should be enough time to start thinking about your default loadout for each location…

Oh, and one more thing…

– Elusive Target Re-activation
Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you've already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won't be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET's will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.
Below you can find a teaser of the new changes in lightning and skymaps:
GOTYnewlighting-923x1024.png

What are elusive targets?
Elusive targets are exciting new concept that HITMAN 2016 has brought. In this mode, you have access to new targets that roam the existing maps, each with their own set ups, voice acting and different situations to tackle. They are called elusive because they are only available for a limited amount of time, and you only get one shot at them. If you die or fail at a certain objective, the mission is over.
Season 1 had 26 elusive targets which went by, and they are now getting reactivated again for all buyers. Each one of them will be regularly brought to the game in the following months and you will have 10 days to tackle each target. You can consult a list of the targets here.

What are the incentives to completing elusive targets ?
Completing elusive targets will unlock new cosmetic unlocks in form of suits you can use in your loadout. Check the image below for a list of the suits and how to unlock them.
reactivated_rewards5jl9c.png

Pricing and where to buy:
For new players, the GOTY edition is available for 60$ digitally on PSN/XBL/Steam
For existing players, there will be a GOTY upgrade available for 20$ on the same digital platforms.

Trailers:

Official Website and Social media
https://www.ioi.dk/
Youtube
Twitter

Last edited:

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cool. I bought it like way back last year, but have yet to play it.. Think I'm gonna give it a shot with them restarting the whole elusive target thing.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if the new episode contains new Achievements/Trophies?

Krustoff

Nov 1, 2017
This is one I'm considering buying just because I want to support IO Interactive's work. Such a good game. I hope the GotY edition generates some sales. It deserves it.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Aw yesss. Ready for Patient Zero. Actually, not fully ready, gotta complete the fortune teller challenge pack right now.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I bought Episode 1 standalone at launch, then I foot the bill for the $60 physical Complete Edition when that released but I let a former colleague/friend borrow it before I completed the second mission and there's no way I'm ever getting that back and now there's a new $60 edition.

This game is bleeding me dry and it's not even Season 2. Might have to just skip it.

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No new maps? Lame

Been itching for a new map to mess around in

New cutscenes and lighting isn't enough change for me
While they reuse the same base map, they are effectively completely different missions. If you played The Icon you know it plays nothing like A World of Tomorrow despite the base map being the same.

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Credit goes to Aangster for it, great title.
Oh, sorry... description said time of day and mechanics but didn't mention a complete overhaul

So map altered and all new textures and whatnot?
The description did say brand new opportunities/mechanics/NPCs :P. Basically, it's a bit like the Summer Bonus missions : same base map, different targets, different opportunities, the NPC layout is completely different, etc.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I have Season 1 on Steam (which I haven't played yet), so is it correct to assume that with the free update I will get everything in the GOTY edition except the Patient Zero campaign? So the only extra content I'll get for the $20 upgrade to the GOTY edition is 4 extra missions?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Season 1 on Steam (which I haven't played yet), so is it correct to assume that with the free update I will get everything in the GOTY edition except the Patient Zero campaign? So the only extra content I'll get for upgrading to the GOTY edition is 4 extra missions?
4 extra missions and the three new escalations is the GOTY edition content, everything else is included in Season 1.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I have Season 1 on Steam (which I haven't played yet), so is it correct to assume that with the free update I will get everything in the GOTY edition except the Patient Zero campaign? So the only extra content I'll get for the $20 upgrade to the GOTY edition is 4 extra missions?
$20 gets you Patient Zero campaign, 3 suits, 3 unlocks and 3 corresponding themed escalations.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
great game but I hate these elusive targets. It locks me from content because I have to do it by a certain date ?

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Should be up soon, different times in different regions. But you won't be able to play the new content until tomorrow when IOI guys push all the buttons.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Awesome, thanks for this OT. Great game.

Also is bernardo the guy who did a bunch of fast speedruns on GAF??

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason i remember maps being locked but I had the first one available. Do I have to play the first tutorial mission to play Japan? or whatever later level? Because I downloaded the complete edition and some stuff seemed locked. Just wanted to sure everything is working correctly

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Be thankful our contractors have offered a second chance at these elusive Marks, most wouldn't give you another assignment once you have failed, most likely they would turn the offer over to somone else

IMG_7816.jpg

Perhaps I have said to much.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, thanks for this OT. Great game.

Also is bernardo the guy who did a bunch of fast speedruns on GAF??
The very same.
For some reason i remember maps being locked but I had the first one available. Do I have to play the first tutorial mission to play Japan? or whatever later level? Because I downloaded the complete edition and some stuff seemed locked. Just wanted to sure everything is working correctly
Pretty sure they aren't really locked, but more of a "you should really do the prior missions first" thing, like picking the Protoss campaign before you start the Terran one in Starcraft.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it goes live soon,looking forward to the new campaign and hopefully I'll have it fully updated and ready for after work.

M.Steiner

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Forgot this was coming out tomorrow! I got nearly 150hrs of play outta Hitman (according to Steam) so I'll definitely upgrade to the GOTY edition.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hmm, hard to justify the upgrade for me. On one hand, I really want to support IO. On the other, I pre-ordered the season pass for Hitman and feel like I did my part for the franchise, and maybe people who came late to Hitman need to pony up :)

Umbra_Witcher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
i'm beyond excited for this. i will be upgrading right away tmrw and bringing back the elusive targets is huge news for me. i bought the game after all the episodes were out, so i missed a ton of the elusive targets the first time through.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So these aren't new elusive targets? These are the return of the existing season of elusives?

I don't like it. I missed and failed a bunch, but I still don't like it.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I want to dive into this game completely, but there's so many other gsmes to play QQ

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So these aren't new elusive targets? These are the return of the existing season of elusives?

I don't like it. I missed and failed a bunch, but I still don't like it.
Hard to fault them considering they're independent now and need to maximize everything they can with the game.