• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Day One.
I own both games on PC but I want to support the franchise...and 4k@60FPS on console is neat.
I`d wish they remake the first games, too. The first one is a pain in the ass on PC.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
5ot158sys4021.png

this was found last month so it seems that it comes for PS4 and X1, i dont really understand if it comes for PC, and probably not for switch.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the PC version(s) will get any retroactive updates. Also, good to see IOI waving that 60fps flag. Be interesting to see what changes they've made overall to the two games.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are they any good? My last one was hitman 2 and was pretty buggy at the time.
Absolution is a fucking disaster of a game that honestly shouldn't be kept updated for modern audiences. It's that bad.

Blood Money is good but dated and the price of this collection will probably be too high for just the one worthwhile game.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
I think I liked Absolution because it was more linear from what I remember. I can't wait to see how it looks and plays. Good get I/O.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The only nice thing I can say about Absolution is that it has Powers Boothe and Keith Carradine in it. They don't share any scenes together, but hey, for fans of Southern Comfort it's something!

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Why absolution? It fucking sucks and IO has done everything to distance the series from that game.

It is the best selling Hitman game to date. You can run from it all you want but there was a market for it last gen and those folks might be interested in an updated version.

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Money on PC with controller support alone would get me onboard. The PC port of absolution is totally fine as is

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I was kinda hoping they'd use the new Hitman game as a DLC platform for remastered classic missions.

I'll take Blood Money though, thanks.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Absolution given its poor reputation.

It's certainly a departure for the series, but I thought it was well executed for what it was (a more linear experience).

Still think Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002) and Hitman (2016) are easily the standouts for the franchise, but Absolution is no slouch either.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I hated Absolution personally but the hyperbole in this thread already is ridiculous. So much of what HITMAN and it's sequel is today saw a beginning in Absolution in some way or form. It's a crucial stepping stone to where we were today in the series.

Personally I'm keen to give Blood Money more time. I remember so many of it's levels, a super memorable game that was.

Plum

May 31, 2018
In for the updated controls in Blood Money. I've tried to play it on both PS3 (HD Collection) and Xbox One (BC) and could barely get past the tutorial because of the controls.

They haven't announced platforms yet but I'm 100% not expecting this to come to Switch due to Absolution's inclusion and the leaks. I'll probably just get it on Xbox One X if this isn't a PC exclusive thing.

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Blood Money is fantastic, happy to see more people will be willing/able to give it a try.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love Absolution lol. It's no HITMAN 2016 or HITMAN 2, but it had its place.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why absolution? It fucking sucks and IO has done everything to distance the series from that game.
They've done so much to distance the series from that game that Hitman 2016 has nigh-identical core gameplay with the primary change being level design. Playing Blood Money and Absolution and Hitman 2 side by side, as I did recently, drives glaringly home how much of Hitman 2 comes from Absolution. The opening mission in Hawke's Bay is largely indistinguishable from a Hitman: Absolution mission. Even Absolution's "Agent 47 is an anti-hero" focus on non-lethal mechanics has carried over to the new Hitman games. Also the swathe of QoL improvements from Absolution that shape the modern games. The entire control scheme of modern Hitman comes from Absolution, too.
The PC port of absolution is totally fine as is
They do need to fix the servers being offline, which means the Contracts mode doesn't work. It was a legal issue. Presumably the PS4/XBO remasters will have that mode back up and running, and it would suck for the PC version to be left out in the cold.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I tried it, but had trouble getting into it. Are these very similar?
New hitman is way better than both IMO. Blood Money is good, but kinda clunky and dated by today's standards (hell it felt dated when I first played it 4 years ago). Absolution I enjoyed my time with, but it's more of a linear shooty bang with a broken disguise mechanic and a god awful save system.

I say try Hitman 2 (the new one) and just turn on the blue story opportunity icons. That way it will guide you through a couple ways to complete the level with waypoints and stuff, and help you understand the game, which can be overwhelming if it's your first go.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Nice. I'm looking forward to replaying Absolution. As great as the last two games have been, they're sorely missing Absolution's gunplay and the dual silver ballers

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see the improvements to Blood Money compared to the PC version. The updated controls should be nice because it can be a rough game to go back to. Absolution still plays good at least, one of the actually good parts of that game.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting. Always like Blood Money when I was younger but I abandoned it at some point. I'll probably pick this up at some point.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
Are they any good? My last one was hitman 2 and was pretty buggy at the time.

I could make an impassioned argument that HItman Blood Money is the best SCUMM-esque game ever.

PICK UP sedative
USE sedative ON sausage
PICK UP sausage
WALK TO puppy
GIVE sausage TO puppy
[puppy eats the sausage; immediately falls asleep]

...that is literally a thing you can do in Hitman Blood Money, and 95+% of all interactions you have in the world are in that vein. It's practically an extremely robust 3D SCUMM title.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really quite like the Hitman games and only ever played the demo for Blood Money, perhaps it's finally time (sometime this year).

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad, Blood Money would be welcomed with controller support. Absolution, there's no need so it's no surprise.