• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Will this be a separate campaign with a new map? I don't think I can find my way back into the game at this point.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Returning to this game for a second playthrough will be a massive time investment. I played this when it released and have no idea how much content was added since. The game was already really long!

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Wonder how much they'll price it for. I'm stuck on some endgame bosses right now
Radiance, NKG...also some trouble with Trial of the Fool

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Wonder how much they'll price it for. I'm stuck on some endgame bosses right now
Radiance, NKG...also some trouble with Trial of the Fool

See this is where it pays off to suck at video games like me :)

Did the bad ending.. got my ass kicked by the dream false knight and called it a day

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
that would be AMAZING, but it'll most likely be a new quest in the same world, maybe with some new areas.

what?! have they confirmed this?
I thought they had said it was all-new, but I just went back and double-checked one of their AMAs and they said it will be a mixture of old and new zones. They also posted this update in December, stating that multiple kickstarter backer-designed bosses and dungeons will be in the DLC. I believe there's also still a backer-designed village that needs to be implemented.

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. As someone who got burned out on Hollow Knight and didn't think it was as good as everyone hyped it to be, this is going to have to impress for me to spend money.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Reminder that Hollow Knight was always $15 because Team Cherry wanted everyone to be able to buy it. Day 1.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Still have to play the already released DLC. I should make haste and get to it so i'm ready when this one releases.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in no matter what. This game came out of nowhere to be my GOTY when it released on Switch. Time to git gud!!

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
currently stuck on traitor lord and it has drained my will to live, but i do so love this game. this is exciting news.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
And I deleted the game yesterday from my hard drive ugh.
Time to go on a new adventure! Can't wait. Interesting, that the first look is in a similar time frame as the rumored Nintendo direct.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Totally forgot about this. What a nice little surprise. Day 1 for sure.
Hollow Knight is on my GOAT list.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight is the best game ever made, so I'll be supporting these devs on day 1 no matter what they announce.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
The base game's price was a steal for such an amazing game, I usually wait for sales when considering DLCs, but this will be day one.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I hope this is a seperate thing. Love the game but I don't think I'm going to get past those late game bosses to see the credits. Team Cherry and Hornet are awesome though so day one regardless.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Oh OK I think I was able to brute force my way through that one after a couple tries and being OK with patterns. You might need quick slash. But he hits hard.

yeah using quick slash, sharp shadow and quick focus i think. i think i'll get it this evening. hits like a truck. might try face tanking with jonni's blessing.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, I can look forward to Valentines day for once.

Coming to think of it, I never checked out the last free expansion, my full completion percentage is out of date.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's just Hornet going through the same map and fighting the same bosses as the knight but in a different order. Maybe with a new boss or two thrown in.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I need to finish the base game, but I really liked Hornet.

I got stuck on Watcher Knights. FUCK that boss.

And yes, I did the secret to instantly kill two of them, it's still hard af.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. Been so excited for this, ever since they hinted at it.

Kinda hope that we will see cut content, like the Boneforest area.

Boneforest_first_scene.jpg

Even if they don't have it, I'm still it will still be able to amaze me. Such a great game.

I need to finish the base game, but I really liked Hornet.

I got stuck on Watcher Knights. FUCK that boss.

And yes, I did the secret to instantly kill two of them, it's still hard af.

Well, at least you can get upgrades and return to them later, but try the 5 hour speedrun achievement/trophy, where you basically have to fight them with no upgrades at all.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Have they mentioned costs yet? I'll buy it both on Steam and Switch, no problem there. Just curious.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. Been so excited for this, ever since they hinted at it.

Kinda hope that we will see cut content, like the Boneforest area.

Boneforest_first_scene.jpg

Even if they don't have it, I'm still it will still be able to amaze me. Such a great game.

Well, at least you can get upgrades and return to them later, but try the 5 hour speedrun achievement/trophy, where you basically have to fight them with no upgrades at all.
The thing is I think I have enough upgrades to beat it? I did get stuck on it earlier and did some other stuff, got the other two dreamers, and came back. It's just a hard fuckin boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.