• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
It depends of who's playing I didn't have much trouble with Watcher Knights but other bosses that are easier for others kicked my ass really bad

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Damn son!

I thought for sure they considered this game complete and were moving on to their next project!

Delightful surprise

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
7fGM8UJ.gif

tenor.gif

I cannot wait to see this DLC, I'll be there day one.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Damnit, I just beat this game yesterday! I'm at 102% completion and was just getting ready to move on to a new game! Don't drag me back in already!

Hornet DLC sounds awesome though. I didn't follow the Kickstarter, so I thought we would have to wait until a sequel to get a playable Hornet.

Last edited:

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I am still not going to bother with Godmaster, but I am definitely in for the Hornet DLC as soon as it comes. Great developers and an amazing game.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Do we know anything about that DLC yet?
Will it "simply" be a new playable character, or also a new adventure/story with even a few new bosses, locations and such?

Also I really hope we get new musics, I've listened to the soundtrack so many times (especially the Gods & Nightmares tracks) and I just can't get enough.
It's like really, really good.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will it "simply" be a new playable character, or also a new adventure/story with even a few new bosses, locations and such?

Also I really hope we get new musics, I've listened to the soundtrack so many times (especially the Gods & Nightmares tracks) and I just can't get enough.
Well considering the amount of content they've given for this game over the past couple of years for free, I very much doubt the first time they charge money being just a character swap.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I just played through this recently. Need to get the different endings and go through the dlc, but it is just an incredible game. I'll be there for this dlc as well.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize this was paid DLC. I'm glad to hear it. The base $15 price on this game was always criminally low even before they released all the additional free content. I'll happily buy it day one.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm good. By the end of the game I was audibly groaning and wondering when this shit was gonna be over, don't think I wanna go back to it. It is cool that they're still supporting it this far out from release though, that's very commendable.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm there Day 1 for anything Team Cherry does until they give me a reason not to.

Looking forward to Thursday's preview :D

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this, can't wait to see what they do with her moveset. Kinda surprised it's not on the 13th in the rumored Direct though as the game seems to be a massive success on the Switch, even more than the usual indie games on Switch as it's pretty consistently in the top 20 best sellers even this long after launch.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game keeps getting new content wow. If this is self contained, I might try it

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Oct 25, 2017

It's a new story, all we know about it is there's an assassin who's hunting Hornet down. People think it takes place after the 4th ending that got added in the last DLC pack due to how it kinda ends on a bit of a cliffhanger but that's just speculation.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shadow drop seems way to soon considering the time the free dlc took.

I mean, it's been 7 months since Godmaster released, and they could have been working on it in tandem with some of the other prior DLCs.

Looking back at the kickstarter, it's criminal that a game as good as hollow knight only got to about $57k in Australian dollars. Just thinking of those stretch goals that they didn't get enough to reach makes me sad.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Oct 25, 2017

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I am just having a hard time getting into this great game due to spending so much time playing Dead Cells. I finally beat the last boss and am going through Dead Cells again on the next difficulty level but it has literally wrecked other games in this genre for me.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am just having a hard time getting into this great game due to spending so much time playing Dead Cells. I finally beat the last boss and am going through Dead Cells again on the next difficulty level but it has literally wrecked other games in this genre for me.
Well that's fine because Dead Cells and Hollow Knight aren't the same genre.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My predictions:

-Takes place after the most obscure ending.
-Final fight has you squaring off against you-know-who.
-Bone Forest is a playable area.
-Cut lava zone is also playable.
-Release date of July.

I normally hate wild speculation but this is seriously one of my favorite games from the current gen so consider me hyped.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I hope it's a sequel.

For the people that might've missed this, 2 months ago they shared a bit of info regarding this DLC:

http://teamcherry.com.au/hollowmas/

Playable Hornet Update

The past few months have been a whirlwind for Team Cherry. We've been hard at work with PS4, Xbox One launches, recovering from the huge Godmaster update, and getting Hornet ready. We're aching to reveal Hornet to you all, but! things are still in pieces at the moment so we're going to hold off until we can give her the full reveal she deserves.

Saying that, folks may remember this early tease for a deadly backer boss and Hornet rival.

4a182f75294d070cad37186798cf52e5_original.gif

Who is this nefarious foe? We want to take this moment to properly introduce you to Steel Assassin Sharpe!

2641e4c700148ce19561d01a8da7d491_original.png

Sharpe is a hunter from a distant land. He's tasked with eliminating Hornet and he's not come alone. Sharpe brings companions on his deadly quest. Who are they? And why are they pursuing Hornet? We'll leave you to guess at their full nature. Just know, Hornet's gonna be fighting for her life against this highly trained trio.

4ecdc432966246e22d1e2acb28ac7b50_original.png

Sharpe is a Kickstarter boss from Jaspal Boodram. Jaspal proposed an assassin bug with a whip-like nose and several other unique talents. And remember! All other backer bosses (and backer dungeons) will be landing alongside playable Hornet.

Status
Not open for further replies.