• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm like depressed I finished this and I can't play it anymore.

I mean, yeah I can go for speed runs and steel soul but it's just not the same.

I know what you mean. Steel Soul just sounds frustrating as hell, I kinda wish there was just NG+. But that would be kinda tough for a Metroidvania I guess.

Might try a few speedruns though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give me a small hint on where to find the double jump? I've obtained the super dash, but I actually thought I've been everywhere where it can be useful (for now). I've also recently obtained the lantern, so maybe I have to use that a bit more...

It's somewhere in Ancient Basin.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
This is instantly one of the best Switch games ever.

Glad they put such care into this version. I played it for a couple of hours on PC, but this feels right at home on a Nintendo platform.

Surprisingly I don't hate the d-pad in portable mode- I find it ruins most 2D Switch games for me, but the pace of this game it just works.

Can't wait to try it on the TV with the pro controller. Love the 60fps

All this after only 3 hours with the game

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
OMG that grub
granfather
... what a surprise you had in store!

this game is dark indeed

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat the game after 35 hours and it was an amazing ride. I mean I took my switch with me almost everyday to play and I never do that usually.

Now all I have to do is finish the Grimm troup dlc and find my way out of the
white palace.

Also, does anyone know what is the deal about that strange talking mushroom in Fungal wastes. I talked to him once and he told me something about the wyrm, but now it's all gibberish.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly I don't hate the d-pad in portable mode- I find it ruins most 2D Switch games for me, but the pace of this game it just works.

I used the analog stick for my 35 hours, didn't have an issue once.

OMG that grub
granfather

this game is dark indeed

Hey you don't know what their biological/lifecycle process is like! Don't judge!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OMG that grub
granfather

this game is dark indeed
I actually wish it was more straightforward than it is implied to be.

It's implied by both the sounds he makes and the description on the charm he awards you that he's the host for the eventual metamorphosis of his children who will eventually mature and burst out of him.

Still creepy and grim but not as outright nihilistic as I first thought.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
now i understand a bit more the collector >_<

maybe we both dont understand them, but i get his feelings...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat the game after 35 hours and it was an amazing ride. I mean I took my switch with me almost everyday to play and I never do that usually.

Now all I have to do is finish the Grimm troup dlc and find my way out of the
white palace.

Also, does anyone know what is the deal about that strange talking mushroom in Fungal wastes. I talked to him once and he told me something about the wyrm, but now it's all gibberish.

You get lore from him if you wear the Spore Shroom Charm.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just bought the pc version. Definitely looks more crisp, text is way sharper. If I ever replay from scratch, it'll probably be this version.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just got the final nail upgrade
when he steeped out, i was expecting a boss fight. not... that
also coliseum of fools was fun. a little bit easy tho. i did the first two challenges, now with an upgraded nail i'll try the third.

You get lore from him if you wear the Spore Shroom Charm.
i was wondering what his deal was as well. thanks for the tip. are there more of these instances of having to wear an specific charm to trigger dialogue?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
also coliseum of fools was fun. a little bit easy tho. i did the first two challenges, now with an upgraded nail i'll try the third.

i was wondering what his deal was as well. thanks for the tip. are there more of these instances of having to wear an specific charm to trigger dialogue?

I think the Defender's Crest tricks a couple of characters into thinking you're the Dung Defender, and you can get a bit of lore that way.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017

Defender's Crest (I think thats what it's called) is the first charm that comes.

Edit: Beat me to it.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i have all the vessel fragments finally >_<

the last one was insane, tricky platform seccion with a LONG way from safe point to the next.

im already afraid of those famous white castle/path of pain T_T

now i only need to kill one dream boss and i will be ready to go on i think

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not. Probably closer to 720p. We really need DigitalFoundry to make a comparison vid of the game.

Just found out the OST is on Spotify. Time to listen to Mantis Lords on repeat.

Holy shit the OST is on Spotify?? Gonna listen to so much of it on repeat. I'd buy a physical copy if it was available...the music is so good I especially love the city one.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
I just died for the first time and now my energy refill ball is broken. How do I fix it?

EDIT: got it. Dark Souls like.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
I know what you mean. Steel Soul just sounds frustrating as hell, I kinda wish there was just NG+. But that would be kinda tough for a Metroidvania I guess.

Might try a few speedruns though.
Steel soul isn't too bad. Just make sure that you make yourself strong enough to beat all the normal bosses easily. Use fragile heart and some healing buff charms. Dream bosses don't count as deaths. Also if you find yourself stuck in a location and low on hp and soul you can always exit out to go to a bench. Though you should probably run grubsong so that doesnt happen.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I just died for the first time and now my energy refill ball is broken. How do I fix it?

Find your shade (black ghost thing) where you died and kill it.

Steel soul isn't too bad. Just make sure that you make yourself strong enough to beat all the normal bosses easily. Use fragile heart and some healing buff charms. Dream bosses don't count as deaths.

Hmm I guess I might give it a try. Permadeath is always offputting to me though, I hate the idea of progressing so much for several hours just to have it all wiped away.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
Find your shade (black ghost thing) where you died and kill it.

Hmm I guess I might give it a try. Permadeath is always offputting to me though, I hate the idea of progressing so much for several hours just to have it all wiped away.
That can definitely happen if you aren't careful. I was doing the steel soul 100% and the 20 hr 100% speedrun achievement at the same time so I was a bit rushed (which is silly as 20hrs is like 2x the amount of time you need). Then I died to collector at like 90% 6 hours in. This was back when 100% was all there was. Now you have the choice to avoid certain paths and still get 100%. I'd definitely avoid traitor lord at least until full build.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
I remember having the worst time going through
The White Palace
when I played the game a year ago, but this time I just blazed through it like it was nothing.
Either I've gotten much better at platforming or I got really lucky.

Well either way, feels nice to have it done. I was kinda dreading going back to that place lol.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The White Palace
when I played the game a year ago, but this time I just blazed through it like it was nothing.

Well either way, feels nice to have it done. I was kinda dreading going back to that place lol.

i loved the place .-)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The White Palace

I feel like Celeste prepared me pretty adequately for it. At least mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.