• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Game is dope just tried it a bit yesterday on pc and barely scratched the surface but really like the quality of the 2d animation and the controls are very nice too

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Game keeps on giving.

I was exploring Howling Cliffs to see if I could find more about Joni stuff (I mean, she got her own Repose on the map), and well...
... to my surprise, I just summoned a new troupe of people that is helping me out someway.

Out of nowhere. Seriously...

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I finnaly got past the 3 dreamers. Now Im trying to kill Nosk... But its killing me a lot. I dont know if I continue the story or kill him.

Im going slow 40+hs.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
At about the 10 hour mark, I was really enjoying the game but wasn't quite seeing the "Best Metroidvania ever/better than SotN/better than Super Metroid" praise.

Closing in on 30 hours now, and I think I'm starting to get on-board with that sentiment. It just continues to get better and better and better, and I still have so much more to see and do. I'm a huge fan of this game at the moment.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At about the 10 hour mark, I was really enjoying the game but wasn't quite seeing the "Best Metroidvania ever/better than SotN/better than Super Metroid" praise.

Closing in on 30 hours now, and I think I'm starting to get on-board with that sentiment. It just continues to get better and better and better, and I still have so much more to see and do. I'm a huge fan of this game at the moment.

Exactly how I feel

After 30 hours I am now placing this higher than Super Metroid - it really is the best Metroidvania so far. Did NOT expect this

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finally met my match. I'm about 11 hours in and I haven't come across a single enemy I couldn't defeat. Until now:

The rematch for this guy:

Those little orange floaty things just come out too fast and constantly and don't give you a second to heal in the fight. I'm going to change up my charms and try again!

Took me about 4 tries to get this guy, he's hard but his patterns are somewhat predictable. Wow hard to heal though, equip Joni's charm if you can. The reward is very very worthwhile.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone help...

I am almost at the start lol but am walking around in circles and no idea where to go. I beat some boss type beetle creature and there was a worm that disappeared. Where do I go after this?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says NKG is the hardest boss but how many of you have fought Grey Prince the 10th time? 1500 HP and 8 masks of damage per hit.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Can anyone help...

I am almost at the start lol but am walking around in circles and no idea where to go. I beat some boss type beetle creature and there was a worm that disappeared. Where do I go after this?

After you beat the beetle with the hammer go to the left and you should find a shaman who will give you an ability you need to access the next area.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my meat boy skills are rusty so i was struggling in the white palace, but then i realized with the hiveblood charm and patience i basically have infinite lives. it turned out to be not as hard as i thought it would be. tomorrow i have to see what i should do with this now complete charm. i hope it's not just beating hollow knight while wearing it to get the real ending

same. early on i was like this game is great but much later in the game it's like everything clicks and you're like whoa, this isn't just great, it's as good as it gets. i don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing tho that it takes long to go from good to amazing. it feels very rewarding, but only if you stick with it. reading the review thread, looks like some people don't have the patience to push through and get to the good stuff, and judge the game by the first 10 hours (which are great, but i can see why someone wouldn't like it if they've only played the beginning)

Last edited:

Bartend3r

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started today. Wow. Thank you guys for the positive comments that made me buy this gem. What a game!

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I totally respect mantis.

That is very cool.

Btw...
so I think I got a good amount of powers and souls. I have 1300 from trees/spirits, spiral weapon (what a relief...), double jump, shadow dash, crystal rush, stomp, mark of the king... and finished 2 lvl of the colosseum but I struggle to access some places that seems to require a way to not die in acidic liquid. The dark dash isn't enough to get through alive. I also got the beast dream but it didn't help. I'm currently going to try to use the tram ticket I just found.
There's one thing that's not helping ; when you discover a room early but can't visit it still appears on the map, so I sometimes find new things randomly.

Last edited:

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
I totally respect mantis.

That is very cool.

Btw...
so I think I got a good amount of powers and souls. I have 1300 from trees/spirits, spiral weapon (what a relief...), double jump, shadow dash, crystal rush, stomp, mark of the king... and finished 2 lvl of the colosseum but I struggle to access some places that seems to require a way to not die in acidic liquid. The dark dash isn't enough to get through alive. I also got the beast dream but it didn't help. I'm currently going to try to use the tram ticket I just found.
There's one thing that's not helping ; when you discover a room early but can't visit it still appears on the map, so I sometimes find new things randomly.
do you have the map markers? why dont you mark the places that require acid resistance and then just go to other places you havent gone to yet.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
After the beetle there was a worm. I didn't see anything close to get another ability. Damn

The boss room is in the center of the map at the icon with the horns you go left of that room and then down. There's an enterance to a room with shaman

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
do you have the map markers? why dont you mark the places that require acid resistance and then just go to other places you havent gone to yet.
No actually these are the easiest to spot. The path is cut there. I got the pins too late lol. Now I have 8k and nothing to buy ha ha ha.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finally met my match. I'm about 11 hours in and I haven't come across a single enemy I couldn't defeat. Until now:

The rematch for this guy:

Those little orange floaty things just come out too fast and constantly and don't give you a second to heal in the fight. I'm going to change up my charms and try again!

My first time playing the game I fought this guy while VERY under leveled, I hadn't upgraded my sword, and only had 4 charm slots, it probably took me 30+ tries and literally hours of playing but I did eventually beat him in like a 15 minute fight.

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm completely lost and frankly I slowly losing the will to continue playing.

I got the crystal heart and dream nail and have to idea where should I go next any help?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Gave up on the last sequence of PoP. I was mentally exhausted at that point, previous sections weren't super hard (even though I retry some of them a lot to learn the timings) but in this one I felt like the rhythm of the spikes/saws wasn't always the same which made things considerably harder. Shame there isn't a bench or save point close to it because I would like to try this sequence while not being burned out by the previous ones. Dream gate also doesn't work here unfortunately.

Also did NKG again and I was surprised to get my ass kicked the first times even though I knew exactly what to do. It takes time for me to get used to his speed, it's really a super fun fight. I admire those speedrunners that can beat the hardest sections of this game in one try, impressive stuff.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017

I got the crystal heart and dream nail and have to idea where should I go next any help?
Just check your map and look for places where it gets suddenly cut off. That usually means you've been there but encountered an obstacle you couldn't pass at the time.

You should've put map markers on those places though, to help in times like this.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The key to this game is looking at your map where the routes are you couldn't go earlier and asking yourself - can I get there now? There should be dozens of open spots on your map - try them and make a metal note of what you'll need to get through them. There are definitely a few spots where you need the crystal jump. And now you have the sword you can activate this trees you've seen around the map. There are several spots you can go without needing any extra powers either.

The game is an onion and it peels slowly.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I'm super lost. I've been wandering around for hours.

The last items I've gotten are the wall climb & the dream nail. I've also gotten the charge dash slash and a hold-up magic ability, but I don't think those are necessary things. Am I supposed to grind geos until I can afford the item that let's you see in the dark, or am I supposed to be doing something else? The enemies towards the bottom right of the map seem to be very damage spongy so I don't think that's where I'm supposed to be.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The last items I've gotten are the wall climb & the dream nail. I've also gotten the charge dash slash and a hold-up magic ability, but I don't think those are necessary things. Am I supposed to grind geos until I can afford the item that let's you see in the dark, or am I supposed to be doing something else? The enemies towards the bottom right of the map seem to be very damage spongy so I don't think that's where I'm supposed to be.

Seeing in the dark is 100% necessary. Otherwise see above - use your map, see where you can go that you've not been before.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
(if people are lost it might be a good idea to screenshot your map. The game is so non linear that without seeing where you've been it's hard to know where where you should go. Generally, think about going down, and remember you can go farther left and right than you'd expect)

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thx to everyone!!! I've been there before, but without the needed power. I wondered everywhere, but didn't look there for the second time.

These games are not good if you are time constrained and play for an hour per day. By the time I remember what I should do, I have to stop playing :/

PS ow ffs these cheap spike traps are straight out of Megaman.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Thx to everyone!!! I've been there before, but without the needed power. I wondered everywhere, but didn't look there for the second time.

These games are not good if you are time constrained and play for an hour per day. By the time I remember what I should do, I have to stop playing :/
You can buy map markers that you can place on your map yourself, to mark places you want to remember for later. Try doing that.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Have you gone to the City of Tears? There's a boss there that gives you a ability that allows you to reach a new area. You can also reach the same area by buying the lantern, if you need geo there's a NPC in City of Tears that buys items (like wanderer's journal or hallownest seals, you probably found some of those while exploring). Dont forget to visit the Grubfather when you save some of the grubs locked in jars since he'll give you geo and other stuff as a reward.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
My first time playing the game I fought this guy while VERY under leveled, I hadn't upgraded my sword, and only had 4 charm slots, it probably took me 30+ tries and literally hours of playing but I did eventually beat him in like a 15 minute fight.

Cool, thanks for the encouragement! I upgraded my nail once more (I think its Lv 3 now), I bet I can get him now. I'm so determined to beat every boss I come across. He's the first one who's too good for me.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Have you gone to the City of Tears? There's a boss there that gives you a ability that allows you to reach a new area. You can also reach the same area by buying the lantern, if you need geo there's a NPC in City of Tears that buys items (like wanderer's journal or hallownest seals, you probably found some of those while exploring). Dont forget to visit the Grubfather when you save some of the grubs locked in jars since he'll give you geo and other stuff as a reward.
Nope. I haven't been to that place yet. Where does it connect from?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cool, got the final nail upgrade and have just about a full map now. Only 1 grub left to get and a
Traitor Lord
to beat. I can also finally advance in the Palace Grounds and I think I know what's coming there :p So a few more challenges but 100% is near.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
A tip for people who are lost or aren't sure where to go:

In this game there is no such thing as "a place you aren't supposed to be in yet". If you can get to a place you can explore to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.