• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not gonna watch anything, i was already sold the moment it was announced and want to experience everything first hand.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Watched a few seconds and quit. This is the only game I'll buy blind.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see it's coming along nicely. Still expecting a 2020 release at the earliest, which genuinely, and I mean genuinely, makes it my most anticipated game of that year, even after everything we've seen this past week.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Although I had no issues at all with the controls in the first game, something about the combat and animations looks like it flows a lot better. The original was phenomenal already. Think I'm going to go in blind for this one :O

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
hnnnnngggghhhh

I NEED this. The lack of an eta on this is killing me.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, also trying not to watch too much. Hornet's sprite seems a little bigger than in HK? Maybe the camera is slightly closer?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I want to rub my face all over this game, on the other I want to go in as blind as possible.

What to do.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im surprised this is playable. Perhaps it's further along in development than we suspected.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BogotĆ” D.C.
DAMN!!! I'm jealous to everyone who attend E3 this year and played that demo... xD... It's FUCKING GORGEOUS...

I need a date and price to buy instantly... xD...

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Great to see it's coming along nicely. Still expecting a 2020 release at the earliest, which genuinely, and I mean genuinely, makes it my most anticipated game of that year, even after everything we've seen this past week.

Had a release of Soon in the direct, I would be surprised if that means 2020.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Ok.. ok... i need to calm the fuck down...

I didn't know HK would have a playable demo at E3. Holy cow!

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
OMG IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

I can't watch it! I can't! If you're reading, I hope you're taking notes, mossbag. This is gonna be special

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Is this a sequel?

I'm almost at the end of Hollow Knight (I think). Been good so far, but I'm happy to wait as i'd Probably burn out if I jumped straight into this.

OP
OP
NediarPT88

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I just hope Ari and William are at E3 so they can give us more info in case they are at Nintendo treehouse.

Is this a sequel?

I'm almost at the end of Hollow Knight (I think). Been good so far, but I'm happy to wait as i'd Probably burn out if I jumped straight into this.
Is this an expansion or sequel?

Thank you.

Sequel.

Hollow Knight: Silksong Revealed! | Team Cherry

Team Cherry is a small indie games developer in Adelaide, South Australia. Come and take a look at our current project, Hollow Knight!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the PS4 version doesn't have to wait long after the Switch release.

Hopefully bundled with the 1st game by Xmas 2020 on physical release. Speaking of which, it's close to the release of Hollow Knight's physical disc.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder how big the game is? I know it was supposed to be a spin off at first like an expansion but now that its a real game...

HollowKnight was just a wee bit too long

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sad I was never able to get into the first one. It ticks off everything I love, but played it for 5 hours before giving up on it.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a release of Soon in the direct, I would be surprised if that means 2020.
Tbf, it was the only one (to my recollection) to even have that in the release date slot, which tells me Nintendo have been told by Team Cherry not to pin them on anything close to a release date, which I'd imagine they'd have no worry in actually hyping up a scheduled release date given Hollow Knight became a darling for the Switch. I mean, it is just a case of "glass half empty/half full" so we'll just see.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
If they were expecting to release in 2019, they'd likely just say so. "Coming Soon" can mean next year.
If they weren't expecting to release this year, they'd just slap 2020 on it, it honestly can go both ways.

Also there's no limit to the demo, people had to be stopped by Nintendo reps for going 'too far' into it, this game is definitely coming out this year.

Deleted member 412

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it looks almost identical to the original game, other than some new areas of course. Gives off some very "DLC expanded to full game" vibes. Hollow Knight is one of my favorite games in recent years, so that's not really a negative per se, and we haven't really seen that much of it yet...but I'm hoping for some new interesting mechanics. I'll be there day one either way.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my goooooooood šŸ˜

Everyone should skip the sale and wait until Hollow Knight goes back to full price before buying it; it's the best value in gaming.