• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
User Banned (1 Day): System Warring; Accumulated Infractions
Guess it didn't sell well on PS4/XB1 - but Nintendo Switch so who cares?!?! Day one!

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes! I'm not worried about no PS4 or Xbox One announcement as it's a given it will eventually hit those platforms.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
ZvYcUT6.gif

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can I be the downer? I loved hollow knight but there was too much of it. It took me about 40 hours if I remember correctly and I gotta day the last 10 or more I felt like it had overstayed it's welcome. Metroidvanias should be 10-20 hours ideally, 30 I guess is about max.

The best game in the genre is still super Metroid and that's like 10 hours first time through.

I'll probably play this since I'm down for another dose of hollow knight in a year or two, but I hope it's not just more more more but instead a bit less sprawling and more... i don't want to say "focused" but I'm not sure what the right word is at the present time.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can I be the downer? I loved hollow knight but there was too much of it. It took me about 40 hours if I remember correctly and I gotta day the last 10 or more I felt like it had overstayed it's welcome. Metroidvanias should be 10-20 hours ideally, 30 I guess is about max.

The best game in the genre is still super Metroid and that's like 10 hours first time through.

I'll probably play this since I'm down for another dose of hollow knight in a year or two, but I hope it's not just more more more but instead a bit less sprawling and more... i don't want to say "focused" but I'm not sure what the right word is at the present time.

I dunno, Hollow Knight had me enraptured all the way through. I thought it earned its length.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus christ. What... What... HOLD ME

DAY 0 & PRE ORDER

New kingdom and Hornet as main character, sooo coooooool!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
2.8 million sales? God damn

From the blog post:

Thanks to the incredible support of players and Kickstarter backers, what started out as a tiny game jam idea has become a game bought and played by over 2.8 million people!

Probably thread worthy.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played original yet, does this include the original as well or just straight up sequel? Thanks

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, Hollow Knight had me enraptured all the way through. I thought it earned its length.

I mean, that's fair. Most people seem to love it. I wonder if we will ever get the stats on percentage of players that completed the main campaign in the origins and how it compares to other games in the genre.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice, likely a day 1 purchase after the excellent first game

Should probably call it hollow knight 2 just for clarity though

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And backers from 10$ and upward get it for free, and get to choose between PC or Switch. It doesn't concern me, but that's very cool.

I'm in day 1.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Fuck, this looks like what Spectre of Torment did to Shovel Knight - make it more agile, faster paced, and even better.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If people had any doubts before this will now confirm that Team Cherry are the absolute metroidvania kings.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

I was fine with the length but for me it's the areas themselves, beside City of Tears, that didn't really stuck with me. It's a great game and i'm still astounded at the amount of content it has for it's price (and i didn't do anything beside the base game) but I guess I just expected to enjoy it way more considering how much people love the game here on ERA.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Crazy that it wasn't part of the Nintendo Direct yesterday, I would have fainted on the spot.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Alright. I'm intrigued.

Never was able to get into the first one, but will give this a look.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's a fine opinion to have but as someone who enjoyed every second of Hollow Knight and beat it 100%... No, I don't want to play it less. The feeling of initially endless exploration was one of my fav parts personally.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess it didn't sell well on PS4/XB1 - but Nintendo Switch so who cares?!?! Day one!
More like they are only 3 people and they can only do so much at one time. They say they will look at other platforms after. It's a given that it would go to Switch first since the first game was there first and likely sold best there.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017

I did 104% iirc and it felt like a short game even when I clocked around 60 hours. Loved every second of it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It would have been neat if they could have parlayed their Switch "exclusivity" into getting featured in the Direct, just to get more exposure.

Either way, day one.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I did not expect a full blown sequel, but I am in so hard. Team Cherry, that's 2 for 2. Keep it up.