• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Got all the grubs! At 93% completion think I'm gonna put the game down now. There's the godmaster stuff I still need to do and some dream stuff but yeah I think I'm good.

GOTY for me for sure just loved everything about it. Can't recommend this title enough.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that the Hornet DLC has some optional items (or changes) that make the Pantheons a little easier for the average person like me. In their current state, it's impossible for me to beat them and I would really like to have 100% of the achievements in this game. :/

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I kinda fell of the wagon because of work and holiday, but yesterday HK had me by the balls again. Took down two bosses (only one of the two took 25 tries lol), found a mask shard, bought an extra slot for charms, sauntered over to Lurien the Watchers' crib (and some stuff happened) - good times. Now off to that pesky hornet again.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was a bit disappointed that nothing special happens as an additional reward. While collecting the last ones the idea formed in my head that maybe, when they are all back at home, they turn into butterflies and fly out of the room in a big colorful swarm. Wouldn't that have been wonderful? :O

I managed to collect them all the other day, got my rewards but I returned again later and er...well...something did happen which I totally wasn't expecting.

SPOILER ABOUT THAT SCENE.
Grubfather was fat as hell because he'd eaten every single one of the grubs! I was like whaaaa? I felt a bit sad I had delivered them all to be ate, then again the achievement I got was called Metamorphosis, so maybe it's all part of the plan and just the way they are.

I've put 40 hours into this game now and can't believe it's taken me this long to actually pick it up and play it, game is an absolute delight. The world and character building is just great, I love just being part of that entire world and I really don't want it to end.

I managed to collect them all the other day, got my rewards but I returned again later and er...well...something did happen which I totally wasn't expecting.

SPOILER ABOUT THAT SCENE.
Grubfather was fat as hell because he'd eaten every single one of the grubs! I was like whaaaa? I felt a bit sad I had delivered them all to be ate, then again the achievement I got was called Metamorphosis, so maybe it's all part of the plan and just the way they are.
Whaaaat?! I used the old out of the room - back into the room trick, but maybe you have to sit on a bank first or something like that. Have to check that out by chance.
I like my idea better though. :O

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, I'm 30+ hours now and at 94% and oh my God I love this game.

I beat Challenge of Fools and apparently it was impressive to my brother because I didn't have a fully upgraded nail (I finally got the last Pale Ore last night getting the last few Grubs, so I will go upgrade that).

I usually don't care about finishing up everything and will just go look on YT for spoilers but I enjoy playing this game so much, I'm totally using guides if necessary but I want to go through and get everything myself.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the game. I'm about 2 or so hours in. I think I'm in that swamp/garden area where I met my first Moss Knight. While I love the artstyle and the gameplay, I keep getting lost and keep wandering around like a moron. I bought the map from that cryptographer guy but that map is pretty much useless. Am I missing something or is the game like this throughout? I want to keep playing but when I see 4 different branching paths I'm completely flummoxed.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finally got the game. I'm about 2 or so hours in. I think I'm in that swamp/garden area where I met my first Moss Knight. While I love the artstyle and the gameplay, I keep getting lost and keep wandering around like a moron. I bought the map from that cryptographer guy but that map is pretty much useless. Am I missing something or is the game like this throughout? I want to keep playing but when I see 4 different branching paths I'm completely flummoxed.

The map gets filled in with rooms you've been in whenever you sit down at a bench. Each zone has its own map, so when you reach a new zone it's best to find the map guy as soon as possible. The one exception is Fog Canyon - you won't be able to reach the map guy til later, and that trips a lot of people up.

If you've bought and equipped the Compass charm you can buy in Dirtmouth, it will show you where you are on the map.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Go to the map shop in Dirtmouth and buy the item that allows you to expend your map.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Go to the map shop in Dirtmouth and buy the item that allows you to expend your map.
The map gets filled in with rooms you've been in whenever you sit down at a bench. Each zone has its own map, so when you reach a new zone it's best to find the map guy as soon as possible. The one exception is Fog Canyon - you won't be able to reach the map guy til later, and that trips a lot of people up.

If you've bought and equipped the Compass charm you can buy in Dirtmouth, it will show you where you are on the map.
Oh really? How doI fast travel to Dartmouth and get the compass charm?

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh really? How doI fast travel to Dartmouth and get the compass charm?

It's the very first area you start in, you know the little village where you drop down a well into the first dungeon like area.

Map and Quill are sold in a little shop, as is the Wayward Compass, I believe it's the second door just to the right of the bench.

If it's closed then you need to met the map guy, he will sell you a map of the area and tell you that his shop will be opened, his wife is the shopkeeper, once that's been said you can visit.

Always try and seek him out first when your in a new area as said above, you can usually hear him singing or making noise.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Stumbled on PoP outta nowhere. Gonna spoiler just in case.

Path of Pain was without a doubt, the most challenging platforming/ game playing I've ever done. I'd been enjoying playing through HK without any guide and I was close to looking up stuff to help my timing in PoP but I eventually just kept practicing and experimenting and got it down. It's all muscle memory now, so wouldn't be too bad going back (had to do it 4 times with about 1000+ deaths peppered thoroughout) not that I have to go through it again for any reason...
Just wanted to express how amazing that sections feels as you work your way through it and master the Path. The charm selection, your reactions, knowing what the map/ obstacles ahead actually are, experimenting and taking risks: all these layers and more converge in a spectacular way. And that's not even to mention the beautifully haunting music combined with the soul-grating sound design of those saws... I swear for some sections, while on the verge of complete defeat and total doubt, I developed a kind of rhythmic approach where I had to zone out and just count my jumps/ dashes/ downward strikes just to work out my timing. I have played many platformers before (Super Meat Boy, Guacamelee 1/2, Celeste, etc) but never have I had to use such an approach simply to be able to focus enough to make the necessary reactions.

Only complaint is that I was checking for secrets (as I learnt to do in HK as much as I could along the way, hitting a bunch of walls, jumping to the unknown or zooming across different screens... and this often caused me to die, or even worse, reset me to an earlier checkpoint. I'm not sure how to explain it perfectly or if this was in fact intended but the way the level is constructed just made this type of exploration very risky. Now that I'm thinking about it though, it was likely intended wasn't it?

Also, not sure about the reward if any? I'm quite satisfied with it not being about the destination but the journey if that's what it is...

Well, with the 3 dreamers down, I'm off to the egg I guess... can't wait to see what wonderful horrors await!

TLDR; HK is an amazing game but PoP really pushed my limits to what I could accomplish in a game world, not to mention using game mechanics with extremely responsive controls, with which I have completely fallen head over heels.

It's been said time and time again but thank you Team Cherry for a truly special game! HK reminds me why I play video games.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I finally beat the watcher knight. It was the hardest boss so far. I spent 2 evenings beating it. Of course, I didn't have the most useful charms like the quick focus. This is because I bought them afterwards in a shop with the geo I got from the boss. The boss was super fast, there was almost no room to dodge to and there was no time nor space to heal at all. Definitely my ornstein and smough moment so far.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled on PoP outta nowhere. Gonna spoiler just in case.

Path of Pain was without a doubt, the most challenging platforming/ game playing I've ever done. I'd been enjoying playing through HK without any guide and I was close to looking up stuff to help my timing in PoP but I eventually just kept practicing and experimenting and got it down. It's all muscle memory now, so wouldn't be too bad going back (had to do it 4 times with about 1000+ deaths peppered thoroughout) not that I have to go through it again for any reason...
Just wanted to express how amazing that sections feels as you work your way through it and master the Path. The charm selection, your reactions, knowing what the map/ obstacles ahead actually are, experimenting and taking risks: all these layers and more converge in a spectacular way. And that's not even to mention the beautifully haunting music combined with the soul-grating sound design of those saws... I swear for some sections, while on the verge of complete defeat and total doubt, I developed a kind of rhythmic approach where I had to zone out and just count my jumps/ dashes/ downward strikes just to work out my timing. I have played many platformers before (Super Meat Boy, Guacamelee 1/2, Celeste, etc) but never have I had to use such an approach simply to be able to focus enough to make the necessary reactions.

Only complaint is that I was checking for secrets (as I learnt to do in HK as much as I could along the way, hitting a bunch of walls, jumping to the unknown or zooming across different screens... and this often caused me to die, or even worse, reset me to an earlier checkpoint. I'm not sure how to explain it perfectly or if this was in fact intended but the way the level is constructed just made this type of exploration very risky. Now that I'm thinking about it though, it was likely intended wasn't it?

Also, not sure about the reward if any? I'm quite satisfied with it not being about the destination but the journey if that's what it is...

Well, with the 3 dreamers down, I'm off to the egg I guess... can't wait to see what wonderful horrors await!

TLDR; HK is an amazing game but PoP really pushed my limits to what I could accomplish in a game world, not to mention using game mechanics with extremely responsive controls, with which I have completely fallen head over heels.

It's been said time and time again but thank you Team Cherry for a truly special game! HK reminds me why I play video games.

Holy shit I never even knew that area existed! I did all of the White Palace but not that part.

LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING BACK, BABY

Beat the game at 107% and I am still not 100% sure what the story is about, but I beat The Radiance and that was awesome.

It's so funny that beating Hollow Knight the first time took me so much energy and concentration, but after having played Nightmare King Grimm and getting up to 10X%, the Hollow Knight fight seems super easy.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Last night I finally beat the watcher knight. It was the hardest boss so far. I spent 2 evenings beating it. Of course, I didn't have the most useful charms like the quick focus. This is because I bought them afterwards in a shop with the geo I got from the boss. The boss was super fast, there was almost no room to dodge to and there was no time nor space to heal at all. Definitely my ornstein and smough moment so far.

Way to go! Keep at it. It's really cool how different bosses provide varying degrees of difficulty for all types of players.

Holy shit I never even knew that area existed! I did all of the White Palace but not that part.

LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING BACK, BABY

Beat the game at 107% and I am still not 100% sure what the story is about, but I beat The Radiance and that was awesome.

It's so funny that beating Hollow Knight the first time took me so much energy and concentration, but after having played Nightmare King Grimm and getting up to 10X%, the Hollow Knight fight seems super easy.

That's awesome! You'll enjoy PoP I'm sure. I haven't completed the game yet but I'm totally looking forward to getting into those other DLC as well. I'm just not quite sure how to access it, but looking forward to figuring that out.

Completed the whole base game now onto Godmaster and PoP... wish me luck it seems i need it lol

You got this, friend! Feel free to tell us later about your trials/ tribulations and any other thoughts too, yeah?!

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
If you want to hear a lot of rants and swearing about PoP, sure xD
Wouldn't expect anything less!

I'm just finishing up the Hunter's journal entries before moving on to what I think is the end of the game and final boss (bosses?).

I'm sure maybe other games have done this before but I really appreciate clever and imaginative writing in game lore, such as here in the Hunter's journal. Thinking about it now, I'm sort of reminded of Dandelion's journal in the Witcher games... So making the beastiary a journal from another character in the game world's perspective (here, the Hunter) allows us to not only learn about the breadth of creatures we've fought or "hunted" but also reveals quite a bit about the Hunter, themself.

Rather than spoiling any particular entry, suffice to say that they range from existential and darkly twisted, to heart-warming and hilarious. Each one, well written and extremely satisfying to read as it truly fleshes the Hollownest out in a more digestible way... pun intended. I'm not sure what the reward will be to finish it up but it's just another subtle element that helps make this game a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've just started the path of pain as well and I've spent about 30 mins in pain so far.

Only did two rooms (load into new area) all the circular saws are totally giving me super meat boy vibes, I will conquer this path!

After that I will clean up on the dream bosses, I only gave up on lost kin ages ago and recently that god damn nightmare king Grimm. Then I will continue to walk about wondering what's left. I think this amazing journey may be coming to an end for me, I've loved every minute of this game.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've just started the path of pain as well and I've spent about 30 mins in pain so far.

Only did two rooms (load into new area) all the circular saws are totally giving me super meat boy vibes, I will conquer this path!

After that I will clean up on the dream bosses, I only gave up on lost kin ages ago and recently that god damn nightmare king Grimm. Then I will continue to walk about wondering what's left. I think this amazing journey may be coming to an end for me, I've loved every minute of this game.
Lost Kin became SO much easier when I came back to play him later in the game. I was dumb enough to try to beat him right after Broken Vessel.

Nightmare King Grimm was just a total pain in the ass. I watched a strat video that helped me get my plan, but my goodness he is tough.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lost Kin became SO much easier when I came back to play him later in the game. I was dumb enough to try to beat him right after Broken Vessel.

Nightmare King Grimm was just a total pain in the ass. I watched a strat video that helped me get my plan, but my goodness he is tough.

I went in thinking from the previous encounters with Grimm, I'll take him......oh boy I was not ready for that, I'm going to need to rethink my strategy and charms.

I'm safe to assume I'll thrash lost kin and ever wonder why I gave up, I did go in for him early and was no doubt lacking good charm combos and missing some moves too.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I have a quick question. Can you safely sell those seals and journals that are scattered around the world or do you need to save them to use at a later time?

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I recently completed the game on PC and have two questions -

Does the Hollow Knight not disappear once you have beaten him, and what does the additional content (DLC) entail?

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat it with around 22 hours and 58% completion. Awesome game, I am already at getting the completion to 100 %. Still so much to explore!

I recently completed the game on PC and have two questions -

Does the Hollow Knight not disappear once you have beaten him, and what does the additional content (DLC) entail?
You can fight him as often as you want. There are even different endings, depending on what you've found in the game.
The DLC is mixed into the game, you can't tell what was added via DLC and what not without Wiki. Only the Godhome DLC feels pretty separated, and I wouldn't have found the access to it without Google. And it's mainly a bossrush mode.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
You can fight him as often as you want. There are even different endings, depending on what you've found in the game.
The DLC is mixed into the game, you can't tell what was added via DLC and what not without Wiki. Only the Godhome DLC feels pretty separated, and I wouldn't have found the access to it without Google. And it's mainly a bossrush mode.

Thanks

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
How? Was it a cheap death? Was it out of overconfidence? How do you feel now? Did you rage quit?

We need details about your story!

Haha, I'm not upset at all. I'll get it back asap, plus I think I bought everything I could buy at that point. Maybe more items will be available later? I'm not sure what else I could spend my geo on lol.

The location was (I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case):

In Kingdom's Edge. Once you find the swordmaster and venture beyond him you can go underground. At some point there is a large ass drop where you fall down on tiny platforms with spikes on both sides and one of those tough hopping insects chasing you. I died there a few times in a row due to panicking haha.

It was definitely overconfidence haha. I thought I had it. Guess not.

Also,

I deposited a shitload of Geo at the banker in Fog Canyon and she seemed to have ran away. So I lost that geo too haha.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game. 81% completion. 47 hours lol. It was very good. I'm still missing a bunch of charms and some upgrades. I think I'll just use a guide for those, because I have no idea where to start looking for them.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just started this. I'd say 'why did no one tell me it was this good' but they have, repeatedly, all year (and one user in particular Weltall Zero ) :D

I've beaten up Soul Master in the Soul Sanctuary, he was a total git, I thought he was dead and then phase 2 happened! Happily exploring the crystal mountain now- that environment seems dangerous for workers with all the spikes everywhere, laser beams etc!

Still debating with myself whether the benches are a little too far apart or not. It makes exploration feel dangerous and not safe areas and save points every two minutes which is good, but it's a long walk back to a failed boss fight. Presumably that's Dark Souls or Shovel Knight's influence, the idea that you always have something to both lose and gain, while increasing tension on the way in. Probably leads to more careful player attempts rather than hammering 'restart' and going back in two seconds later to instantly die again, I notice I fight more cautiously because of it, which feels more characterful.

I love the world, the atmosphere, the music. A real sense of place, reminds me of LoZ or LTTP in that I'm constantly wondering 'should I be here yet?', and there's presumably multiple orders to tackle the game in.

Last night I watched the new animated adaptation of Watership Down, and it reminded me of HK in a way (stay with me here!) with the constant melancholy, a fantasy mythology of non-human creatures that exist around our feet, and a sense of higher powers and broken kingdoms that cater to those creatures.

I was so lost at the start, but with the map and quill and a few tokens to remind me of places to go back to with new items, I'm feeling more confident. Loved realising that the paper trail leads to the mapmaker, and meeting all the bugs and the services/rewards they offer is fun. I'm struggling to remember them all (even when they are marked on the map) so I've busted out my notebook and started a list of mysteries unsolved and things to find and what each bug offers. First game to have me do that (aside from annotating maps in dungeon crawlers) since the original Zelda, I feel like I'm in my element as someone who is always banging on about the 'sense of adventure' in games!

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Just started this. I'd say 'why did no one tell me it was this good' but they have, repeatedly, all year (and one user in particular Weltall Zero ) :D

I've beaten up Soul Master in the Soul Sanctuary, he was a total git, I thought he was dead and then phase 2 happened! Happily exploring the crystal mountain now- that environment seems dangerous for workers with all the spikes everywhere, laser beams etc!

Still debating with myself whether the benches are a little too far apart or not. It makes exploration feel dangerous and not safe areas and save points every two minutes which is good, but it's a long walk back to a failed boss fight. Presumably that's Dark Souls or Shovel Knight's influence, the idea that you always have something to both lose and gain, while increasing tension on the way in. Probably leads to more careful player attempts rather than hammering 'restart' and going back in two seconds later to instantly die again, I notice I fight more cautiously because of it, which feels more characterful.

I love the world, the atmosphere, the music. A real sense of place, reminds me of LoZ or LTTP in that I'm constantly wondering 'should I be here yet?', and there's presumably multiple orders to tackle the game in.

Last night I watched the new animated adaptation of Watership Down, and it reminded me of HK in a way (stay with me here!) with the constant melancholy, a fantasy mythology of non-human creatures that exist around our feet, and a sense of higher powers and broken kingdoms that cater to those creatures.

I was so lost at the start, but with the map and quill and a few tokens to remind me of places to go back to with new items, I'm feeling more confident. Loved realising that the paper trail leads to the mapmaker, and meeting all the bugs and the services/rewards they offer is fun. I'm struggling to remember them all (even when they are marked on the map) so I've busted out my notebook and started a list of mysteries unsolved and things to find and what each bug offers. First game to have me do that (aside from annotating maps in dungeon crawlers) since the original Zelda, I feel like I'm in my element as someone who is always banging on about the 'sense of adventure' in games!

Glad to see my relentless, probably-near-friendship-ending insistence paid off. :D It's pretty much impossible to talk about Hollow Knight in a way that does it justice, it's just a 10/10 in every category for me, and I knew you'd love it. <3

I grok entirely what you mean about Watership Down (which I haven't seen); to me, this game is NIMH but with bugs instead of rats, especially the animated version. It's especially striking when you descend into the City of Tears (my favorite stretch of the game).

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Glad to see my relentless, probably-near-friendship-ending insistence paid off. :D It's pretty much impossible to talk about Hollow Knight in a way that does it justice, it's just a 10/10 in every category for me, and I knew you'd love it. <3

I grok entirely what you mean about Watership Down (which I haven't seen); to me, this game is NIMH but with bugs instead of rats, especially the animated version. It's especially striking when you descend into the City of Tears (my favorite stretch of the game).
The game feels like such a steal at the price it's sold at, even more so when I bought it on sale months ago!

I've played so many sidescrollers from the NES onwards at twice the price and with half the attention to detail.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the sale reminded me of this game and I'm trying to come back to it, but I'm having a really miserable time.

Is there really no way to teleport back to the town? I think I got myself stuck in an area that I can't progress in without upgrade abilities. I'm pretty mad at the game for even letting me get all the way here if I can't progress, but it'd feel better if I could at least escape somehow.

Where do you get abilities anyway? I'm almost 3 hours in and can't do anything. Every map is just frustrating dead end after dead end.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So the sale reminded me of this game and I'm trying to come back to it, but I'm having a really miserable time.

Is there really no way to teleport back to the town? I think I got myself stuck in an area that I can't progress in without upgrade abilities. I'm pretty mad at the game for even letting me get all the way here if I can't progress, but it'd feel better if I could at least escape somehow.

Where do you get abilities anyway? I'm almost 3 hours in and can't do anything. Every map is just frustrating dead end after dead end.
Which area are you in, and how did you get in there?

I started in the forgotten crossroad then headed west to the green area, and then after that south to the fungal area and east until I hit Queens' Station, which gave access to the city and the game pretty much opened up after that. Buying the bug light (1800 geo) from the shop let's you go into dark areas, and that (through an eastern cave in the crossroads) or the ground-pound ability from the Soul Sanctum in the city (using it in the mine east of the crossroads) also give access to crystal peak in the West, which eventually gives access to the crystal heart (flying long distances horizontally). The dash was from an early boss fight, but I can't remember which one.

Last edited:

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which area are you in, and how did you get in there?
https://mobile.twitter.com/molnizzle/status/1078565859767926784

Left one is where I was. Can't progress anywhere there. Each open hallways needs an ability or something. I ended up just traveling back to the town to see if I could purchase a double jump or something. Nope.

I'm honestly baffled at this game's positive reception, it seems so back-tracky and miserable. I don't understand how I've spent 3 hours in this dreary world and can't even dash or double jump. Nor do I have any idea where to go. It's just endless backtracking trying to find the hallway that isn't gated by an ability I don't have. Talk about padding...

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

Left one is where I was. Can't progress anywhere there. Each open hallways needs an ability or something. I ended up just traveling back to the town to see if I could purchase a double jump or something. Nope.

I'm honestly baffled at this game's positive reception, it seems so back-tracky and miserable. I don't understand how I've spent 3 hours in this dreary world and can't even dash or double jump. Nor do I have any idea where to go. It's just endless backtracking trying to find the hallway that isn't gated by an ability I don't have. Talk about padding...
Ok, you're in the right place- defeat Hornet in Greenpath to get the dash ability, then find the Mantis village (south of the fungal area south of Greenpath) to get the mantis claw so you can wallclimb. That'll open things up a bit for you. Don't worry about long passages full of thorns for now. Also, learn to use the downward sword slash in mid-air to bounce off of creatures and mushrooms.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017

Top left. You get the dash there, and there's a fast travel and bench directly below it in the room you skipped.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, you're in the right place- defeat Hornet in Greenpath to get the dash ability, then find the Mantis village (south of the fungal area south of Greenpath) to get the mantis claw so you can wallclimb. That'll open things up a bit for you. Don't worry about long passages full of thorns for now. Also, learn to use the downward sword slash in mid-air to bounce off of creatures and mushrooms.
Where is Hornet? I'd there's a way for me to progress anywhere in that area I'm not seeing it. Even the big open space in the top left seemed to need a double jump or something?

Top left. You get the dash there, and there's a fast travel and bench directly below it in the room you skipped.
I didn't skip anything, I just couldn't see a way to continue without an ability or something... I've re-visited all of these areas multiple times now.

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Where is Hornet? I'd there's a way for me to progress anywhere in that area I'm not seeing it. Even the big open space in the top left seemed to need a double jump or something?

I didn't skip anything, I just couldn't see a way to continue without an ability or something... I've re-visited all of these areas multiple times now.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, just that you didn't go in: https://i.imgur.com/yFcwxkm.png

and the dash is in the room above. You don't need any extra skills to reach it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mean it in a bad way, just that you didn't go in: https://i.imgur.com/yFcwxkm.png

and the dash is in the room above. You don't need any extra skills to reach it.
Yeab I think I might just be too dumb for this game, I can't seem to find any way to even get to that chasm.

Maybe it's something that I'm just not seeing due to the art style. As pretty as it is, it's super busy and difficult to navigate. I really miss the more straightforward presentation of similar games.