• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Don't call me a moron.
And I didn't say they lied years before you are in your "moronic defense".
No, you said they're lying now. And if you had watched the documentary, you would have seen that one of them didnt even testify at the trial. I wonder why he would have refused to do that? Hmmm.

Its a comedy show. He uses the mj "hot take" as a reference later in his bit. I don't know if you can get his true thoughts on the subject.

In interviews he refers to being transgender as a choice. His transphobia is based in ignorance, not an act.

masud

Oct 31, 2017
It will be interesting to see the reaction to Bill Burrs Netflix special. Especially since on his podcast he's talked about people at comedy clubs getting offended by the material.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Heads are going to explode when Eddie Murphy drops his special. Can't wait.

I mean, if he showcases all this weird defensiveness of his ignorance/transphobia/victim blaming tendencies/whatever else, then yes...a lot of people are going to think to themselves, "Oh my, Eddie Murphy isn't the best person, is he?"

Doesn't strike me as the most exciting sequence of events.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
Gotta be honest, I feel a little bit sorry for Dave after watching that. He was obviously sexually assaulted as a kid and seems like a pretty depressed guy who uses comedy at the expense of others to give himself some relief of his misery. Sorta like a bully in a playground who beats other kids up to feel better about his dad beating the shit out of him at home. He also sounds like he's been smoking a couple packs a day, voice just sounds cashed.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eddie's going back to comedy?

Although I would assume having not done Standup for 30+ years would make someone extremely rusty.
He even said so in Comedians in Cars ...

From the way he kept stressing "working out", I don't think he'll hit that stage without doing a host of smaller comedy clubs first.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Gotta be honest, I feel a little bit sorry for Dave after watching that. He was obviously sexually assaulted as a kid and seems like a pretty depressed guy who uses comedy at the expense of others to give himself some relief of his misery. Sorta like a bully in a playground who beats other kids up to feel better about his dad beating the shit out of him at home. He also sounds like he's been smoking a couple packs a day, voice just sounds cashed.
Dave's views aren't necessarily the product of childhood sexual assault. I wouldn't assume that. A lot of it usually comes down to ignorance. If you walk into his barber shop you'll probably hear other people saying the same things.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
Dave's views aren't necessarily the product of childhood sexual assault. I wouldn't assume that. A lot of it usually comes down to ignorance. If you walk into his barber shop you'll probably hear other people saying the same things.

I was mostly referring to the part where he said (paraphrasing) "Who in this room hasn't been sexually abused? And all we got out of it is awkward Thanksgiving dinners" when he was talking about Michael Jackson, etc. It felt like there was some truth and pain behind that. I could be misreading him or projecting, but that's how I saw it.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): hostility across multiple threads, long history of similar and severe infractions
The Kevin Hart accident thread is proving Dave's point about cancel culture lmao. Some people just jump at the chance of feeling morally superior to another one of their fellow human beings.

His material on trans people was really bad though.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Kevin Hart accident thread is proving Dave's point about cancel culture lmao. Some people just jump at the chance of feeling morally superior to another one of their fellow human beings.

His material on trans people was really bad though.

The only people who complain about cancel culture are the people that are saying shitty things.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled how transphobia and anti-gay slurs are such a blindspot for so many folks who purport to be forward thinking. I mean imagine thinking of yourself as progressive or a leftist and caping for extremely wealthy celebrities who attack the LGBTQ community. Especially when violence against these at risk-communities is on the rise-- you'd think it could be an occasion to stop and think.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still baffled how transphobia and anti-gay slurs are such a blindspot for so many folks who purport to be forward thinking. I mean imagine thinking of yourself as progressive or a leftist and caping for extremely wealthy celebrities who attack the LGBTQ community. Especially when violence against these at risk-communities is on the rise-- you'd think it could be an occasion to stop and think.
That requires said people to actually have empathy instead of just performing empathy. There are a lot of "allies" who think those are the same thing though and that's how you get routines like this and those who look at protest from the marginalized as eyesores.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
The only people who complain about cancel culture are the people that are saying shitty things.
Nah cancel culture is ridiculous at times there are some legitimate things but not allowing ppl to grow and be better is bullshit, I'm not speaking of Kevin hart I'm speaking in general.

When I say grow and be better I mean those that show change and growth not just words

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The video of the court depostition, where they contradict what they claim in the documentary.
Which makes one of the statements a literal lie and I rather believe they lied in an HBO documentary, than in court under an oath of truth.

Edit: I believe MJ was a pedo btw, whether he acted it or not. It is embarrassing though that people are getting banned for questioning the objectivity of an hollywood documentary.
You do realize that being a victim of abuse, especially over the course of years, doesn't mean that you're going to have a perfect timeline or reasoning, right smart guy?

If you actually watched the documentary, they explain why what they testified during the court case doesn't line up with what they're saying now. Also, expecting them to have all of the facts straight at every moment is absolutely victim blaming.

But please, continue to disingenuously call child rape victims liars, it's a great look on you.

I'm sure they're really reveling in their fame from accusing one of the most beloved and idolized icons in human history of being a child rapist.

The only embarrassment here is people still going to bat for a serial sexual child abuser while simultaneously blaming the children/now grown adults recalling abuse from decades before for not having their story straight to suit their shitty narrative.

Last edited:

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Saw the special a few days ago. It was funny, but I was cringing at some of the jokes toward the beginning.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
That requires said people to actually have empathy instead of just performing empathy. There are a lot of "allies" who think those are the same thing though and that's how you get routines like this and those who look at protest from the marginalized as eyesores.
Yep, it's like some people just end up on "team progressive" because they find that brand appealing or something, and not because they actually feel empathy for others.

Or they're like Chappelle, and come to the progressive side of things because they're actually part of a marginalized group, so it's a self-interest kind of thing, but then they struggle to find that same empathy for other groups.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This topic has run its course, and is mostly going in circles at this point. Therefore, we're locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.