• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to be opening a can of worms, so just so you know: I'm not defending the guy. I'd like to not get flamed here. I haven't followed him closely after he left Kinda Funny, though I know he's still podcasting.

This is an honest question. I know he made a sexist tweet a while back, and to my knowledge he holds by-the-numbers libertarian political views (which I personally disagree with). Yet, we've seen folks like James Gunn and Kevin Hart arguably tweet worse and not see the tide of public opinion turn against them too much. I've seen people say Moriarty should be worried about being deplatormed, but in general I haven't seen anything from him near the level of shitiness of Sargon, Milo, or any of the other alt-right chuds who have been banned from Twitter, Patreon, etc. From what I can tell he's settled down since that tweet?

Like I said, I haven't really been monitoring his output, so I'm honestly curious what has earned him the strong, continued backlash that he has received other than the infamous tweet the fact that he identifies as a libertarian?

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Just off the top of my head, he also said white supremacy/racism wasn't a big deal because Asians-Americans have money.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He plays the alt right playbook to the letter. It is actually hard to look at his output and not come to the conclusion that he is a total dipshit.

Also, the total insanity gaslighting and conspiracy theory attacks he has done on Bob Mackey from Retronauts are more than enough for me. Absolute terrible human being, if we are judging him by his actions.

BeerMan

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I actually used to listen to his podcast. Dude is just a typical Joe Rogan type. He spends all his time complaining about the left.

Dude is straight up bigoted against Muslims. He supports the ban on Muslims entering the country.

He also has a strong distaste for black people.

Has hysterical hatred for Hillary Clinton and many other dems.

Thinks being PC is a threat to the country.

In other words, he's a piece of shit, who appeals to pieces of shit.

Dec 22, 2017
I only know of him from the Bob Mackie "feud", but it sounded like he was getting his followers fired up to go after people who criticized him.

OP
OP
ToddBonzalez

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think that sexist shit is a small thing?
Nah, it was shitty and deserves the response it got. I just found it interesting in comparison to Gunn especially who tweeted worse (imo), but got mostly sympathy around here and elsewhere. Figured there was more to the story, but didn't have the interest in digging around/ listening to his content to find out what it was.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well aside from his racist tweeting and constant gaslighting of his fans to attack his own critics

he's been targeting former games journalist and current professional podcaster Bob Mackey on Twitter and went so far as to create a Youtube video about him https://youtu.be/gHYiCuoRHR4

and he threw Kinda Funny Games under the bus and moved to L.A. after 'quitting' because he refuses to apologize for that misogynist tweet

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We do not provide a platform for Colin Moriarty or his content here.

Status
Not open for further replies.