• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As my notifications on FB get blown up by a bunch of right wing nut jobs I have to wonder......how do we defeat people that are convinced this man is the greatest president of our life time?

Everyone always says "don't read the comments"

No, read them.....and get reminded and understand that these people are unified in their beliefs, they have an extreme hatred for you. They have a extreme hatred for people who voted for Biden and a even bigger hatred for people who voted for Bernie. They believe -everything- this man says.

These are people who want to go back to work, and want to get back out there because Trump said it's ok.

Hundreds of thousands will die.....yet I worry. I see people threatening to sit out the election if their nominee does not win or make it to November.

We can't afford to do that. Not voting aligns you with the idiots that are now sending me death threats in Messages in there. All because I said he needs to get voted out

Where the fuck is our fire to vote him out? Why do we have to twist people's arms to vote him out. How am I supposed to be respectful to people that say they won't vote in November? That's what I want to know. I already got a hostile warning for it once before. Chances are maybe I shouldn't even make this thread right now because I'm typing out of a place of frustration and red hot anger. But I'm pissed man.....I'm pissed. It's not just about defeating trump it's about giving a huge fuck you to these idiots that believe in him. We have to knock them down a few pegs.

Cant we stop the bullshit, come together and do that?

Rant over.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we even afford to go out to vote in November? I don't believe we will have gotten rid of COVID-19 by then. We will need some seriously strict voting booth rules and etiquette. I just don't see that happening.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I honestly don't know, Biden sucks but I just hope people will go out and vote for him in droves.

Even if "not much will change" (his own words) he at least won't make shit even worse I geuss?

It is astonishing to see how so many people keep voting against their own and fellow humans best interests.

Edit: after the knowledge of him being a rapist came out: fuck em both. Vote for third party of Bernie isn't on the ticket.

Last edited:

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One interesting point is that if COVID19 is still around, mildly intelligent people will be rightfully hesitant about exposing themselves at voting stations, and conservative idiots will just brazenly go out and endanger themselves and their families.

Sigh.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly I'd be surprised if the handling of this specific crisis doesn't spur several within the group you're talking about to reconsider. People are seeing what incompetence of the administration can do to their lives in real time from massive job loss to outright death. 4 more years of Trump is genuinely untenable particularly if we have a repeat national crisis that the GOP can't will away or ignore.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
There were a lot of people who sat out 2016 too and Hillary still almost won, despite not really campaigning in the swing states and Trump's base basically being at their peak. I don't know if Biden will win 2020 but every election there are always a lot of non-voters.

Additionally it partially matters where you're seeing these comments. People sitting out California or New York aren't going to do shit because their state's delegates are essentially already decided.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Covid and a candidate as terrible as Biden makes me think we're going to lose.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Figure out if the Busters are in deep blue states. If they are, ignore them. Spend your time, energy, and money on turning out reliable voting blocs.

Not everyone needs to come together. It would be great if we did. But only a certain number of people in certain places need to. Said otherwise, if the people you're concerned about happen to live in New York or California, you can safely pay them no mind. If it's Ohio? Well, that's what engaging is for, as well as hoping that the presumptive nominee can build sufficient bridges lined with olive branches to persuade them. That's the candidate's job, after all.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely an uphill battle for you guys, even more than it was ever going to be. And not having an inspiring candidate to rally around is just a shame. I really don't know.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
But how come the other side can just get behind this shit stain but over here on the flip side we can afford to be like "nah....I'm good"

we can't afford to do that when we have to deal with a whole nation of people that circle the wagons around him. Yeah this isn't about NY and Cali, but this is about everyone else.

Oct 27, 2017
One interesting point is that if COVID19 is still around, mildly intelligent people will be rightfully hesitant about exposing themselves at voting stations, and conservative idiots will just brazenly go out and endanger themselves and their families.

Sigh.
This is what I was thinking too. Covid 19 is going to benefit the right wing in the short term.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe he's hoping his base is alive just long enough to vote for him before coming home to kill everyone else.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Honestly I'd be surprised if the handling of this specific crisis doesn't spur several within the group you're talking about to reconsider. People are seeing what incompetence of the administration can do to their lives in real time from massive job loss to outright death. 4 more years of Trump is genuinely untenable particularly if we have a repeat national crisis that the GOP can't will away or ignore.

No, it won't. You don't understand how out of touch with reality these people are. I'm stuck living with my family, who are hardcore Trump supporters, and they mental hurdles they jump through to support this dipshit is mindblowing.

People like my dad honestly think this fuck-nugget is doing an excellent job at handling this entire situation and it honestly makes me want to beat my head against the wall until I get a concussion just so I don't have to hear his shit anymore.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Because 2018 showed that people want moderate democrats overwhelmingly more than any other option

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
But how come the other side can just get behind this shit stain but over here on the flip side we can afford to be like "nah....I'm good"

we can't afford to do that when we have to deal with a whole nation of people that circle the wagons around him. Yeah this isn't about NY and Cali, but this is about everyone else.
I'm sure religion plays a big part in that. Or really the only part in that.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017

"Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line." will always be true. Look at the idiots here planning on sitting out the election.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Because Democrats are really made up of 2 different parties.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it seems somewhat safe to do so I will vote in the general election.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It's on us to save the courts and our government because we honestly can't do this again. Anything from the Dems would be better.

All of yall better show your ass up for the courts and downballot even if Joe Biden doesn't set your heart aflutter. There are bigger things at stake.

Seriously, unless there i a physical inability due medical issue or abroad (hello early voting), none of us have an excuse. Here's your chance to stand up against personifcation of many of the things we rail against.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
There are certain Trump voters that are reasonable people that are just ignorant. I've encountered a few and over time have convinced them that Trump is not looking out for them. Out of 3 people, 2 said they'd be willing to vote for Biden but not Bernie. One said he's in the middle. All 3 were spouting out Trump facts that didn't add up.

Then I encounter people who after 20 seconds of talking to them I know better than to bother continuing the conversation. I say target the former if they're in your family or somehow in your social circle. Other than that, convince people who don't vote the importance of voting. I find aggression rarely works.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Spend more time trying to convince moderates to vote since there are way more of them than the subset of Buster progressives/leftists.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Do most states not allow vote by mail if you request it? I've been voting by mail ballot for a few years now here in Florida.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
There's more to it than just exciting the Democratic side. Trump has clearly incentivized and supported foreign interference. If you thought the Russia stuff in 2016 was bad, be prepared for even more interference from even more countries.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My tip for next time would be to not nominate somebody with a worst record than Trump. You should be aiming for better than him, not settling for somebody who's done more harm to minorities where it's locking up black folks, bombing brown people abroad, locking up kids in cages and fighting against abortion during his time in congress.

Also stop deifying terrible people as once in a lifetime Presidents like Obama. Not killing brown people, not boosting the police in times of racial unrest, and not fighting for corporations/banks over human lives shouldn't be seen as some unreachable gold standard.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Economy tanking will swing enough Independants (Obama-Trump flippers) that the stay-at-homes won't matter.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess you let them die, or go bankrupt, or suffer bigly. That might change their minds.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People came out in droves to vote for Biden in the primaries. I think he has a good shot in November, but nobody can say how the COVID-19 situation will play out so let's wait and see. I'd not put too much weight into what you read on Twitter or Facebook.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spend more time trying to convince moderates to vote since there are way more of them than the subset of Buster progressives/leftists.

Seriously. Focus on the fact that Trumps approval rating is the highest it's been since he was elected. More Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in 2008. They are NOT the ones standing in the way of him being re-elected.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Covid and a candidate as terrible as Biden makes me think we're going to lose.

Biden is much more popular than Clinton, and she got more votes than Trump and only lost key states by slim margins. Also, in 2016 Trump was in peak "whaddaya gotta lose" form. Couple that with historic Dem wins in 2018, there's reason to be optimistic.

As much as people want to feel that the Dem base taking Covid-19 seriously means they won't want to go outside, taking Covid-19 seriously means they know they'll have to vote Trump out. Take precautions and vote.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If we get Obama turnout it's almost impossible for Trump to win.

If we can't do that (not a huge ask) then that's just what the country accepted and we have to realize this place is full of a lot of stupid assholes.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
People are seeing what incompetence of the administration can do to their lives in real time from massive job loss to outright death.

It's okay, thoughts and prayers will get us through. Remember, everything happens for a reason. It's God's will. Trump has done what Trump has done; trust that everything is as our Creator intended.

...is what some people actually believe, and it really angers me that they won't listen to logic, reason, or THE FREAKING PEOPLE WHOSE JOB IT IS TO GIVE US GOOD SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION

Argh.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'm a Bernie fan. But for the sake of sticking it to Trump zealots, I'm all for voting for Biden just to give them the middle finger. I have some obnoxious Trump worshiping in-laws that I want to eat crow.

With that said, I live in Missi-fuckin-ssippi. My blue vote won't mean shit, and my wife and I are discussing what we're going to do come November. If Corona is still a major factor, we're probably in a unique position to sit out, since our state will go Red anyway. I don't WANT to do that. I want to still vote, so I'm hoping this shit sorts itself out.

Edit: Shit, someone reminded me of down ballot voting just as I posted this. Hopefully we'll look into voting by mail, but my wife says we can't absentee vote if we're.....actually here.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
My tip for next time would be to not nominate somebody with a worst record than Trump. You should be aiming for better than him, not settling for somebody who's done more harm to minorities where it's locking up black folks, bombing brown people abroad, locking up kids in cages and fighting against abortion during his time in congress.

Also stop deifying terrible people as once in a lifetime Presidents like Obama. Not killing brown people, not boosting the police in times of racial unrest, and not fighting for corporations/banks over human lives shouldn't be seen as some unreachable gold standard.
You had that and no one voted for him, the end, he is done, now it's time for you to vote trump out.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
What makes you think there will still be an election or a functioning society in November

Oct 27, 2017
The people who claim they're sitting out in November because their candidate didn't win are entitled and privileged. Pretty simple.

Watching the world burn with another 4 years of Trump is something that isn't motivation enough to help those who are disadvantaged and most hurt by his and his administration's policies.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Sigh.

Yep, and we can all say 'that's their risk to take!' except their risk will affect everyone in the country. We're living in a bad Outer Limits episode.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's hard to get excited to go out and vote for someone when the candidate being propped up by the Democratic establishment is this guy.

May 21, 2018
If Covid is still around at election day, I'm still going. It's a risk to myself, my family, and others around me but Trump has to go. He absolutely CANNOT be allowed to be president for a second term.

And I would vote by mail if it actually arrived in my mailbox on time (which it never has).

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
"those people" are like 40% of the country

trump is very very much beatable even against a dead cat in a brown paper bag. but these are weird times so obvs you can't rule anything out