The gathering is due to Police action yesterday resulting in police firing rubber bullet and blinding a young woman protester wearing safety google.
Live footage from the airport can be seen here - Also it has a censored picture of the girl shot in the eye in the link too.
Reason for the protest and current sit-in
Hong Kong started a protest due to a extradition bill that the CCP was proposing, that citizen of HK t hat are accused of a crime will be extradicated to China for trial.
And now protester have 5 demand
1. Take the extradiction bill away completely, it has only been remove temporary for now, HK people want a promise that it will not be brough up again, or in the future, HK Chief Executifve Carrie Lam (Think PM or President) have said it's being discussed away for now)
2. Release all arrested protester/activist that has been arrested and promise of no prosecution (700+ people arrested since june, 149 people arrested yesterday)
3. Open investagtion by third party or trusted orginization into police brutality action so far.
4. Change the wording of riot, since the June protest, Police have used riot to describe peaceful march to sit-in
5. Open election as promised between the CCP and Hong Kong handback to China, current system is China choose candidate, Hong Kong want open election by all citizen of Hong Kong with open candidate from Hong Kong Citizen.