• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What the hell the end of that live broadcast?! He is being arrested for taking video of the events.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I heard many Thai travelers got stuck at the airport now.
They probably curse the Protesters in their minds, right now.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
honestly, What does the protester want? I found this protest bit too much since it actively hurt their city more so that the government.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
honestly, What does the protester want? I found this protest bit too much since it actively hurt their city more so that the government.

It's in the first post, it's called the 5 demand.

1. Take the extradiction bill away completely, it has only been remove temporary for now, HK people want a promise that it will not be brough up again, or in the future, HK Chief Executifve Carrie Lam (Think PM or President) have said it's being discussed away for now)

2. Release all arrested protester/activist that has been arrested and promise of no prosecution (700+ people arrested since june, 149 people arrested yesterday)

3. Open investagtion by third party or trusted orginization into police brutality action so far.

4. Change the wording of riot, since the June protest, Police have used riot to describe peaceful march to sit-in

5. Open election as promised between the CCP and Hong Kong handback to China, current system is China choose candidate, Hong Kong want open election by all citizen of Hong Kong with open candidate from Hong Kong Citizen.

And in newest HK police news

HK police was filmed/phograhed putting weapon/bamboo stick into backpack of arrested protestor

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
People got arrested with this kind of violent act should be released?
Is this not a riot?

Gasoline bomb attack police and police station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9i8BYA1KNQ

Attack citizen with different voice

Attack citizen and force her to delete photo, they thought she is a police in disguise

Attack driver who dare to try get pass their road blockage, and destroy their vehicle

"Unarmed" and "peaceful" protesters

These are not isolated case but rarely get reported by the media

And regarding the popular police being thrown firebomb

The person throwing the fire bomb is a member of Hong Kong police Swat, identity is in the news article
Him and 3 other were filmed/photographed with ear piece, and seemingly doing violent b ehavior to give justification for Police t o respond with violence.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The HK police working on behalf of the state to make themselves look good and demonize the protestors????????

Shocking news, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how one law causes this level of unrest. Trump and his administration have said and passed so many horrible things and we can't maintain 1% of the passion and protest that Hong Kong is. I wish them the best but I'm terrified that China will just massacre people in the streets.
Americans ain't about that life as much as they'd have you believe it on social media.

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
And regarding the popular police being thrown firebomb

The person throwing the fire bomb is a member of Hong Kong police Swat, identity is in the news article
Him and 3 other were filmed/photographed with ear piece, and seemingly doing violent b ehavior to give justification for Police t o respond with violence.

There is nothing we could discuss if you believe these kind of article that lack evident .

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
And in the newest protester news, a Chinese traveler is detained by the protester because they think he is a China policeman. He pass out, protestor refuse to let ambulance to take him away, it has been over 2 hrs and the ambulance still get stuck in airport

They have a channel on youtube

Now the cops are here. This live steaming is pretty exciting.

edit: the cops garbed the guy to the ambulance.

edit2: now the protesters are sitting on road blocking the ambulance

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I wonder if this would eventually lead to the mainland armed police being sent in to prevent future airport protests. I can't imagine them letting the airport shutdowns to happen many more times.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
They have a channel on youtube

Now the cops are here. This live steaming is pretty exciting.

edit: the cops garbed the guy to the ambulance.

edit2: now the protesters are sitting on road blocking the ambulance

Why are they blocking the ambulance? Hurting or killing the guy will only damage their cause. Their rage shouldn't be used like this :(

Fuck.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Why are they blocking the ambulance? Hurting or killing the guy will only damage their cause. Their rage shouldn't be used like this :(

Fuck.

They beat up the guy on suspicion of being a gongan undercover and had standoff with the rescuers for 3-4 hours.

Now the cops are here shooting pepper spray.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Should change that tweet to "@ramsaysky is on the ground in Hong Kong airport, but will soon be in a truck"

I just flew out of hong kong airport back to Japan and my flight was 6 hours delayed, with half of the flights on the board being cancelled completely. Am also flying back to Hong Kong tomorrow morning so hopefully this all simmers down a bit.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Should change that tweet to "@ramsaysky is on the ground in Hong Kong airport, but will soon be in a truck"

I just flew out of hong kong airport back to Japan and my flight was 6 hours delayed, with half of the flights on the board being cancelled completely. Am also flying back to Hong Kong tomorrow morning so hopefully this all simmers down a bit.

The way the protest is heated today, I bet they will be back tomorrow.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Thats the thing, I was at the airport for about 8 hours today and saw no trouble, fighting or any problems at all. Unless this has just blown up within the last 6 hours, in which case I missed it.

I mean its live streaming on youtube right now, you can check it out.

edit: if you have mainland id card, burn it.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I just tuned into a live stream. Who is this guy all ziptied up?

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
They further beat up the guy. The poor guy seems pass out, some press , medical trying to aid him. People shouting throw him out

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Freedom. They are literally fighting for their freedom.
They have pretty specific and explicit demands, I don't think it's terribly helpful to think about this on those abstract terms.

Specifically -
  • a full withdrawal of a proposed bill that would allow Hong Kong people to be extradited to mainland China
  • a retraction of any characterization of the movement as a "riot"
  • a retraction of charges against anti-extradition protesters
  • an independent committee to investigate the Hong Kong police's use of force
  • universal suffrage in elections for the city's chief executive officer and legislature by 2020
Though I think at this point it's pretty much also about getting Carrie Lam to resign.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how one law causes this level of unrest. Trump and his administration have said and passed so many horrible things and we can't maintain 1% of the passion and protest that Hong Kong is. I wish them the best but I'm terrified that China will just massacre people in the streets.

Trump really hasn't signed many controversial bills into law. He's put out some questionable executive orders, nearly all of which get tied up in the courts. The stuff at the Mexican border affects so few Americans, and the vast majority of the country is so far removed from where it's happening.Trump will be a blip in all of our lives.

Hong Kong is a totally different situation.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Strangely a lot of violent protesters. Speculations these might be moles to make the majority of peaceful protesters look bad.

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
And lot of people still trying to block the way out, shouting don't let him go. These are your peaceful protesters , fighting for freedom and democracy

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
The guy got beaten has been identified , a press from global time.
He got detained and beat up because he says he support the police.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Some of these protestors are really making that line grey between non-violent and violent by attacking these police officers. Surprised the officer didn't shoot in this video.

Video showed protesters beating an officer. He then pulled a weapon.
Video from tonight's clashes showed a police officer being assaulted by protesters at the airport.
The video — taken by the Wall Street Journal's Mike Bird — appeared to show the officer pull a weapon on the protesters to get them to stop.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
They have pretty specific and explicit demands, I don't think it's terribly helpful to think about this on those abstract terms.

Specifically -
  • a full withdrawal of a proposed bill that would allow Hong Kong people to be extradited to mainland China
  • a retraction of any characterization of the movement as a "riot"
  • a retraction of charges against anti-extradition protesters
  • an independent committee to investigate the Hong Kong police's use of force
  • universal suffrage in elections for the city's chief executive officer and legislature by 2020
Though I think at this point it's pretty much also about getting Carrie Lam to resign.
To be fair it is easy to see how one could summarize those points to freedom. I would think that the protesters at least sees it that way.

Oct 27, 2017
EB29Dp-WwAIffq6

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these protestors are really making that line grey between non-violent and violent by attacking these police officers. Surprised the officer didn't shoot in this video.

Woman being pushed to the ground and arrested by the policeman for no reason (she might not even be a protester). Police have been arbitrarily arresting anyone they like, so protesters have begun to fight back. Fortunately the police in Hong Kong are not as trigger happy, but shooting in the airport would cause an international scene. Police commanders were seen dragging their forces out asap and saying "the press are here, we can't be seen here".