• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Another screenshot created from lihkg propaganda groups. It's basically the old index published before the protest movement started (look in the date"July 31")
Occupying movement basically paralyzed Legislative Council and shut down the whole facility, I could not foresee the Legislative Council would be even operational again in this whole year.

I don't think SAR government would even concede to any of the five demands listed from protesters except for the first one, it would basically commit a political sucide and resulted losing support force and complete legitimacy of governance.
" If it's a commission for truth and reconciliation, then that could have wide public support. But so far, the opposition has shown no interest in reconciliation, only criminalizing and punishing the police for maintaining laws and orders."

Protest movement started in June. Ransacking of LegCo was 1 of July. Carrie Lam announced that the bill was dead mid July. This was published 31 July. The bill is still on the table as far as due process is concerned.

Reconciliation needs to come from the HK Government and the HK Police Force. There has been little transparency and press have had to squeeze answers out of press conferences to get any substantial answers. Both the government and police keep playing the avoid the questions games. They are not upholding the HK rule of law. They are stepping above it and bending it to whatever interpretation best fits their narrative and goal.

The protests started calm but the government ignored 2 million voices and tried to go ahead with the second reading. Obviously things were only get worse from here. The police have way more weapons and power here. If anything it should be the police and government stepping down saying they were wrong and give in to at least the withdrawal of the bill. Buy if course Beijing would never let that so it will continue to become a stalemate mess.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
You can't reach a deal with the protesters and be sure there is no more protest when there is no opposition leader. Its decentralized.

Last edited:

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
They banned all non-travelers from picking up friends to stop protests? They really want to stop this lol.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Can we all just stop and appreciate what a fuckin kickass aesthetic this protest has? These kids are fuckin on point. This slogan is hard core.

76f5a5e0-bcba-11e9-8fef-e07153416464

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is the video clip (left side is the live steam to look at, right steams are Wan Chai ) of the incident that a female protester got shot blind outside of Tsim Sha Tsui police station
At the start of the video, the situation was relatively calm, no police in sign.
Around 44s, reporters start to rush towards the police station, where a female protester found injured in her face/eye and is getting medical attention, there are billboards between the police station & the injured protester.
No police in sight nor any gun shot heard
There were lot of reporters around and not a single one of them has video / photo shows there was police nearby when the protester get injured

]

We later got photo flooding around shows a bean bag round stuck in a goggle

The female protester has been sent to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Up to this point, there is still no any confirmed report on what was the cause of the injury.
Some says it may be missfire from slingshot by the protesters, some says it may be bean bag around by police.
Police spokesman says there are unsure what was the cause at the moment and urge the victim to file a case for investigate

PS: the ambulance there was mean to be for the police who got attacked by gasoline bomb, his leg feet received secondary degree burn and right feet received first degree burn
Just asking questions about the protestors possibly blinding the woman and not the police, right?

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Can we all just stop and appreciate what a fuckin kickass aesthetic this protest has? These kids are fuckin on point. This slogan is hard core.

76f5a5e0-bcba-11e9-8fef-e07153416464

I fully support them and will not be cancelling my planned trip to HK.

While they may have crossed the line a bit last night, the vast majority of them have been nothing but peaceful. Its still a beautiful city and I am glad they are fighting for it. The creativity behind some of aesthetics has been top notch and really carries their message well.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Do we have a thread for today's activity? It's not happening in the airport but I don't feel like starting a new thread.

Watching live on sham hui po stream.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So were the Chinese military really mustering on their side of the border or was that all just a beatup?
China has a ton of military bases in the region, they don't need to muster anything, if god forbid the decide to roll in with tanks to Hong Kong they can do it very quickly.
So far, they haven't, and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they will.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
China has a ton of military bases in the region, they don't need to muster anything, if god forbid the decide to roll in with tanks to Hong Kong they can do it very quickly.
So far, they haven't, and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they will.
They probably don't see a need to bother when the police and politicians in HK are such boot licking toadies.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They probably don't see a need to bother when the police and politicians in HK are such boot licking toadies.
Yeah, Beijing seem to be pretty happy so far to let HK government and police handle it, that has generally been their approach in the previous rounds of protests too.
This could change, but I'm not certain that it's 100% inevitable and imminent.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a thread for today's activity? It's not happening in the airport but I don't feel like starting a new thread.

Watching live on sham hui po stream.
Today is the 'Ghost Festival' and some are burning fake bank notes (a common ritual) in remembrance of the people that... unfortunately chose ending their lives to voice their opinions in this movement.
And of course the police used a shit ton of tear gas to expel the crowd. In living areas. Even when there are not many protesters around. (people are wondering if they are seeing things, considering the occasion, huh.)

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Today is the 'Ghost Festival' and some are burning fake bank notes (a common ritual) in remembrance of the people that... unfortunately chose ending their lives to voice their opinions in this movement.
And of course the police used a shit ton of tear gas to expel the crowd. In living areas. Even when there are not many protesters around. (people are wondering if they are seeing things, considering the occasion, huh.)

Nothing really major today, Airport got a court order, so protester can only protest at designated area that doesn't interefere with the operation of the airport, and it's a ghost day, so people are busy with their stuff today.

AIRPORT-FOLO-190814-15.jpg

At night, group of protester are protesting across from police station, some burning paper money and other ritual for the ghost festival.
Another group is using laser pointer to point at police station.

Police reponded with tear gas and rushing trying to disperse protester that are across from the police, but police tactic instead affecting normal people that aren't part of protest, including store and food stall that are operating normally

Also shooting tear gas onto street where many vehicle are still operating, and the tear gas also went into MRT station causing some slight panic and problem for people in the MRT station.

So were the Chinese military really mustering on their side of the border or was that all just a beatup?

So far, the CCP hasn't done anything specifically, and expert in interviewed, don't think that it is likely for China to send in troop and specically the treaty require HK government to request China to send in their armed force, the origional intention is for saving people after major diastor.
And if armed force is send in, then Hong Kong will lose it's economic place and value.
And that if Armed force is sent in, either they can take over Hong Kong quickly, or another likely scenario is the situation esculate even more with Hong Kong Civilain waging combat with CCP military personal, and that won't look good for CHina at all.

It's why it's alot of "threat" from the Hong Kong Government, China government and China net army, showing soldier and military vehicle, hoping the protester will back down.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
SilentPanda

can you change the thread title to make it an on going thread for HK protests? There surely will be at least 3-4 hours of protest live stream every morning EST.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Only moderator have the ability to change title, the title was changed by using report function, put in request and moderator can then make the change.
I don't want to req title change on your thread, how about you start a new one. The protest will sure go on for 2 more months (until somebody is dead from either side).

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017

This apple news, well known for its anti-government editorial stance , video is cut and edited (they released it over 24hrs after the incident)
When she was laying on the ground facing off the camera, the goggle was actually on her forehead
You can see it in the now news live steam from a different angle (here is the video clip )
When she was about to turn over, the apple news video cut a few seconds out, make it looks like she put up the goggle from her eye right in front of the camera.
Also why they turn it to black & white in the key moment, too gory?

Here is the screen cap from the now news steam, the goggle was on her forehead the whole time and no stick out object through the goggle like the apple news
20190812_4e2d63e124218df6e00aCtzohnVds7CB.jpg

Its possible someone pulled up the goggle to her forehead after she got hit and before the video but seems there blood on the goggle consider there is a lot on the floor

Question to ask.
She was surrounded by protester and press, how can a police shoot her without getting spotted if the police was close and why no one heard gun shot fire ?
Is it possible to penetrate the goggle with bean bag round from long range?

Up to this point of time, still not a single word from her, her family/friend nor any medical report released after the incident
I would wait for evidence before jumping to conclusion

Last edited:

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
^don't want to quote you again on this but what do you think the white stuff in the bottom of the goggles in the 2nd blurry pic is lmao, it matches the HD pic posted by apple daily news perfectly.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
According to OutOfControl, she is the Pepe Silvia of protesters.

Police and protesters get hurt in violent protests. Why is OutOfControl still entrenched in his/her view?

Last edited:

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Chinese defence force out in action.

Edited my message to make my position a bit clear.

One silver lining is that there has been discussions on chinese social media about getting rid of GFW so that the Chinese defense force can go out without VPN. I guess they too realized the irony in the fact that using VPN to express patriotism on twitter is technically illegal.

The world is not ready for Chinese trolls. One positive of the GFW for the West...

Last edited:

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Edited my message to make my position a bit clear.

The world is not ready for Chinese trolls. One positive of the GFW for the West...

Can't argue with that.
On the other hand, the state media CCTV apparently called UK and US "friend of the republic" today during a news segment. I can't make of what they are signaling here. I guess Trump's twitter diplomacy is working?

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Can't argue with that.
On the other hand, the state media CCTV apparently called UK and US "friend of the republic" today during a news segment. I can't make of what they are signaling here. I guess Trump's twitter diplomacy is working?

Seems like the trade war is working.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Protest movement started in June. Ransacking of LegCo was 1 of July. Carrie Lam announced that the bill was dead mid July. This was published 31 July. The bill is still on the table as far as due process is concerned.
LegCo has been paralyzed and shut down since July 1, and "peaceful" protesters have destroyed hard drive and servers inside the LegCo building. How is it possible that LegCo still be able to publish any document in July 31th? Could you show a actual link on that LegCo document published?
Please fact check the source and stop spreading the outdated/misleading screenshots from Lihkg propaganda groups.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can't argue with that.

Psychological preparing the mainland audience for concessions imo...

Or flattering Trump to give him a "win" without actually making any concessions.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Psychological preparing the mainland audience for concessions imo...

Or flattering Trump to give him a "win" without actually making any concessions.

Probably. Maybe they're winding down conflicts so the propaganda machine can focus on celebrating the 70th anniversary in September. Another reason why I don't see PLA making a move in Hong Kong. Bloodshed this close to October 1st is really bad optics.

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
^don't want to quote you again on this but what do you think the white stuff in the bottom of the goggles in the 2nd blurry pic is lmao, it matches the HD pic posted by apple daily news perfectly.
What about photo 3? Anything stick out?
Why the apply video cut out few seconds?
Why still no one come out to provide evidence , medical report to confirm its bean bag round?
Not a single word from the pro-democracy policy camp to condemn the cops of this incident

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What about photo 3? Anything stick out?
Why the apply video cut out few seconds?
Why still no one come out to provide evidence , medical report to confirm its bean bag round?

Maybe the person who was injured and her family prefers to not talk about it at the moment and wants to focus on recuperation? It's only been a few days and if she's really blind in 1 eye there's really a lot more to be concerned about.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
You guys honestly think the firewall stops trolls from commenting on FB/Twitter/Instagram? What year do you guys live in...

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
LegCo has been paralyzed and shut down since July 1, and "peaceful" protesters have destroyed hard drive and servers inside the LegCo building. How is it possible that LegCo still be able to publish any document in July 31th? Could you show a actual link on that LegCo document published?
Please fact check the source and stop spreading the outdated/misleading screenshots from Lihkg propaganda groups.

Even if the LegCo building was ransacked, things still keep functioning and moving you know? Your news articles are from the day after the ransacking (2 July). They have since started cleaning up and most probably rehoused staff at a temporary location. Obviously they wouldn't sit there since 1 July doing nothing.

The receipts you asked for can be found here. Everything is fact checked.

List of bills to be discussed: https://www.legco.gov.hk/general/english/bills/bill1819.htm#bills
Image I had posted earlier: https://www.gld.gov.hk/egazette/pdf/20192332/cs320192332999.pdf

Please don't accuse me of spreading outdated/misleading screenshots. LIHKG has perfectly fact-checked information too. I did not get these from LIHKG either. These can be found on plenty of new sites too.

We're having a genuine discussion about Hong Kong. If you must accuse everything that is pro-protesters or LIHKG as fake news /misleading because it doesn't suit your narrative then please go somewhere else that will fit your needs.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017

Just saw on TV - that Chinese APCs are mobilising to Hong Kong on the News. It'll either die down or get ugly quick.

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
I don't know why you guys are arguing over that blind girl's video
1) Police totally changed their anti protest tactic on the 11th
2) Those sponge guns are not accurate. You can aim it lower and still head the head. They are just not accurate
3) I just don't buy the fake eye shot argument, the timing is not right in the greater schemes.

What more need to be said? People should setup fund raiser for her recovery, that's what I say.

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017

Video shows the bamboo stick was on the protester before police putting it back
For people don't know what to look at
Main steam shows the bamboo was on the protestor
2nd steam synchronize with the main steam
3rd steam (which shows the police putting the bamboo stick into the backpack) synchronize with main & 2nd steam

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
We're having a genuine discussion about Hong Kong. If you must accuse everything that is pro-protesters or LIHKG as fake news /misleading because it doesn't suit your narrative then please go somewhere else that will fit your needs.

Take a look in the mirror please. LIHKG is no difference from X sub-reddit nationalist breeding ground. Irony but truth.

You can't have genuine discussion on Asia, especially China, with this forum.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Maybe the person who was injured and her family prefers to not talk about it at the moment and wants to focus on recuperation? It's only been a few days and if she's really blind in 1 eye there's really a lot more to be concerned about.

Last I heard, her identity is still not known, and HK Police have asked for her to step forward to police and they won't "prosecute" or charge her with a crime, Hospital and hospital worker have also staged protest and such on police brutality so they aren't working or giving info to police it seems..
And HK police and Court have also ruled that the video is not evidence of police brutality or a crime, so if she doesn't identiy herself, it probabely will just remain unresolved at this point.

Now News has also publicly stated that a man dressed in Press vest, and bearing their logo is not their employee or news reporter that have been sighted at various protest and events.
So there are actual...fake news people now?

2019-08-15-12-55-58g1KdE4hl.jpg

700 MRT employee and MRT driver have sent a signed statement to their Headquarter complaining about Police action and the company working with HK police.
Their demand/request are as follow
HK Police action endangering public safety by using Tear gas inside MRT station to public and their employee
Company need to put public and Employee safety first
Changing line and closing station shouldn't blindly follow Police order, but based on their own employee and public avaible info to ensure public safety
And for the company to update and clean left over toxic thing from air system due to police action.

This can be very serious, if they do a strike, public transport would be...broken completely.

OutOfcontrol

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why you guys are arguing over that blind girl's video
1) Police totally changed their anti protest tactic on the 11th
2) Those sponge guns are not accurate. You can aim it lower and still head the head. They are just not accurate
3) I just don't buy the fake eye shot argument, the timing is not right in the greater schemes.

What more need to be said? People should setup fund raiser for her recovery, that's what I say.

Part of the reason is people are inspired by this incident to join the protests in the airport the past 2 days
We have another protest coming on 18/Aug which the theme is excessive force from police
If the situation keep escalate, it will just be a matter of time before China military intervene

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Last I heard, her identity is still not known, and HK Police have asked for her to step forward to police and they won't "prosecute" or charge her with a crime, Hospital and hospital worker have also staged protest and such on police brutality so they aren't working or giving info to police it seems..
And HK police and Court have also ruled that the video is not evidence of police brutality or a crime, so if she doesn't identiy herself, it probabely will just remain unresolved at this point.

Now News has also publicly stated that a man dressed in Press vest, and bearing their logo is not their employee or news reporter that have been sighted at various protest and events.
So there are actual...fake news people now?

2019-08-15-12-55-58g1KdE4hl.jpg

700 MRT employee and MRT driver have sent a signed statement to their Headquarter complaining about Police action and the company working with HK police.
Their demand/request are as follow
HK Police action endangering public safety by using Tear gas inside MRT station to public and their employee
Company need to put public and Employee safety first
Changing line and closing station shouldn't blindly follow Police order, but based on their own employee and public avaible info to ensure public safety
And for the company to update and clean left over toxic thing from air system due to police action.

This can be very serious, if they do a strike, public transport would be...broken completely.

I can understand her not wanting to step forward.

Also glad to see the MTR employees taking a stand for themselves.