• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Some rumors n speculations I heard.

* Beijing won't use the the 14th cause of Basic Law to send in the army, because it's initiated by HK government request and the law say to send in the army.

* instead the 18th cause of Basic Law will be used. Chinese national congress can pass law to send in military police to safe guard the stability of HK. And it's not the army and you won't see tanks. Xi probably promise Trump army won't be used (frankly Trump doesn't give a fuck but the US congress made him show some concerns.)

This probably will happen after the next wave of violence and Beijing intend to restore order before the 10/1 National Day.

My comment, Beijing probably want to make it a "soft" martial law to keep most of the financial hub functions and the appearance of the 1 country 2 systems.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Wearing flags on clothings and bags is just a western fashion. I have different color of US flag military patches on all my bags to cover all the nike, adidas brand logos.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily western fashion. A lot of Japanese fashion love using the union jack. A lot of western products/clothing (unfortunately) having the Japanese rising sun flag. My point is, reading into flags onto clothing doesn't necessarily denote nationalism/patriotism, but just a fashion statement really.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread more.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Melissa Chan @melissakchan

As mainland Chinese students and Hong Kong students protest and face off on university campuses around the world, it's important to remember that mainland students are exercising a right they don't actually possess back home. And most (none?) of them seem to recognize that irony.

8:34 AM - Aug 17, 2019

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they are allowed to do pro government rallies back home. The real irony is the mainland students using their rights to advocate for a terrible regime outside their country and being allowed to do so by th host country

Can you imagine western students doing similar protests in China in support of their home country ?

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Judging from Brazil`s experience with protests in later years and how everything came to be, including revelations on how everything was pretty much set up by hidden actors looking for power, and also the hypocrisy of western interference in China with deplorable actions such as opium addiction and whatnot....I really wonder what`s behind these manifestations. It is loud and clear that China is a powerhouse making United States - father of Mcarthysm and other lovely political tactics - worried about it`s economical influence in the world.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Judging from Brazil`s experience with protests in later years and how everything came to be, including revelations on how everything was pretty much set up by hidden actors looking for power, and also the hypocrisy of western interference in China with deplorable actions such as opium addiction and whatnot....I really wonder what`s behind these manifestations. It is loud and clear that China is a powerhouse making United States - father of Mcarthysm and other lovely political tactics - worried about it`s economical influence in the world.
Nah, you can trace that shit back, this is organic movement that has been going on for years and years. It wouldn't shock me if at some point some Embassy Employee came around to sniff things up, but I see no evidence or reason to believe this is directed by any Foreign Powers.

The US generally is more into paying generals to murder democratically elected officials, they're not that great at creating massive popular movements.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
All 3 major protests revolve the central theme of anti-integration. There are plenty of middle class home-owning HKers who would fund the protest, CIA have to get on line to hand in their checks.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017

These demonstrators (Supporting HK) should blast on their megaphones to tell these dipshits (anti-HK) to go back to China where they cannot organize anti-whatever protests.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Time for the action to send this Chinese back to China.
Also if this happens again and it's in your city and you have free time, i hope you guys can go out and support HK people.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Pictures from the Toronto Chinese counter protest. All international students. Seems like a pretty good reason to be patriotic to me.

https%3A_%7C__%7C_mmbiz.qpic.cn_%7C_mmbiz_jpg_%7C_jvu6Oec7PBUVjUdqv6YwxcR3RfPtnGbbrlPGmV37fO7mUvXe4mFI2sHHrxWBAFicWU2fptxmoMHib29UTk3bN6rw_%7C_640%3Fwx_fmt%3Djpeg

https%3A_%7C__%7C_mmbiz.qpic.cn_%7C_mmbiz_jpg_%7C_jvu6Oec7PBUVjUdqv6YwxcR3RfPtnGbb9HicjmR9HPiaEGwjqic3kkSK9PhS1DVRjsXKssiaIYKlylic2eXctK56sibw_%7C_640%3Fwx_fmt%3Djpeg

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Those rich snobs love China so much that they come to Canada and never go back.
They're only rich because of China and their continued wealth is because of China. They don't go back for obvious reasons. This isn't so much them standing up for China, but them wanting to keep the money train going. Think of it like shareholders who don't want Amazon to sink.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
They're only rich because of China and their continued wealth is because of China. They don't go back for obvious reasons. This isn't so much them standing up for China, but them wanting to keep the money train going. Think of it like shareholders who don't want Amazon to sink.

The powerful and wealthy rarely want to give up what's 'rightfully theirs'.