• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just cat beat the final boss in infernal dreamland. I always get timed out on his final bar of hp. Just hope I can get stronger before the event quest goes away

That sucks. I got stuck on it from the previous week. This week I've been able to get through most of it without having to pull out my best Valks, so hopefully it'll go better when I get to it this week. Out of Stam for now though so I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs to chill with the events! Got other stuff i want to do!

On a side note summer fu ha stigmata. Hopefully punh valk aint too far away.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
We all forget about the abyss sometimes ^^.

Well, one bad thing about the new abyss is the limit to 15 levels. And since the first two layers won't drop any offensive item like frost bombs, that means that the fastest 5/10 players to reach lv15 will get to climb the abyss, while the others can't do anything about it.

One of my favorite valkyries is Imayoh Ritual. She's considered bad due to her low dps, but that's mostly because players don't gear her correctly. Her biggest source of dps is her 2000% charge attack, who need a lot of crits to be charged. With Jingwei's Wings and the 3* Ryunnosuke set, you can get +50 to crit on top of the weapon's native 30, then add in to the +80% crit damage, +10% Attack speed and +40% physical damage given by the weapon+set.
And the best thing is that the valkyrie fragments can easily be obtained with adventure missions+memorial arena, the weapon is sold in the shop for 150 AE cores, and the stigmata set is a reward on the extra chapters. No luck or gacha required.

Zanzura

Oct 25, 2017
100 Crystals and some coins: YMWRCWVX7X

From Sacramento Anime Convention according to the houkai3rd subreddit.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the code!! In other news I spent all my crystals trying to get Moonbeam based gear. Only got her pistols and a Cleopatra Stig. Not sure if it's worth it, but at least she has her gun.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the code.

Hmm is there ever an end for the judgement of shamash upgrade event lol. Im starting to believe I wont be able to finish upgrading the weapon and get those honkai crystals. Which I really want so I can upgrade blood dance and see if thats enough to tip me over to beat infernal dreamland.. damn that final boss mecha.

Also really tempted to salvage my dragon spine for the upgrade mat...

Edit: nvm turns out upgrading shamash to lvl 40 made divine prayer wreck that mecha. Honorable mention to npc himeko spamming blood dance active!

Last edited:

Zanzura

Oct 25, 2017
Even more crystals to throw at the gacha: YLWRCSDNR7 (100 Crystals + 50k gold), YMWP4SBNRX (80 Crystals)

Looks like I'll be switching over to saving for characters barring some phenomenal focused supply banners popping up. I've been exceptionally lucky rolling good weapons, but most of the remaining stigmata sets I need have only 1 real good piece for the characters I use, and rolling for 1 piece of a set is a bad time. Not all of them are available in the exchange house yet either.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Thank you for the codes.

I'm returning to Global after all. The 250-300ms lag make it dififcult for me to do multiplayer in the SEA area, and I just invested too much to get good weapons not to have regrets over it.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Flame sakimata. So how is this valk? Dont know much other than she is elemental damage.

On a side note, how far behind are we to the other servers? Have no idea when to expect fu hua but want to have gems ready for her.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
She isn't bad, but I'd rate her as just a little under standard Sakura, and more boring. Her standard dps chain is 4 attacks -> slight pause -> fifth attack for some AoE and elemental damage. Rinse and repeat.

Because she does some elemental damage, but not nearly as much as Teri Pledge or Phoenix Fu Hua, she's a bit hard to optimize. Physical stigmatas won't increase her fire damage (which is maybe 25% of her normal dps output and 50% or her ultimate), and she doen't do enough fire damage to really justify elemental stigmatas.

I got Phoenix Fu Hua on my SEA account, and God, she's a monster. Her dps even with non-upgraded gear and non-opti stigmatas must come close to Valkyrie Judah with Teri weapon.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Just checked, and yes, there are 5 nodes that require Celestial Hymn. Rondo has some too, but I don't see any (yet) for Luna Kindred, the awakened vampire Teri.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
She isn't bad, but I'd rate her as just a little under standard Sakura, and more boring. Her standard dps chain is 4 attacks -> slight pause -> fifth attack for some AoE and elemental damage. Rinse and repeat.

Because she does some elemental damage, but not nearly as much as Teri Pledge or Phoenix Fu Hua, she's a bit hard to optimize. Physical stigmatas won't increase her fire damage (which is maybe 25% of her normal dps output and 50% or her ultimate), and she doen't do enough fire damage to really justify elemental stigmatas.

I got Phoenix Fu Hua on my SEA account, and God, she's a monster. Her dps even with non-upgraded gear and non-opti stigmatas must come close to Valkyrie Judah with Teri weapon.
Hmm I dont really need more elemental units to gear up so I will take my time with sakimata and save up for fu hua! thanks!

Damnit, I forgot about maintenance and only used like 50 stamina today.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Damnit, I forgot about maintenance and only used like 50 stamina today.

You can recover the lost stamina in your dorm, if you upgraded the module enough.

One thing I really dislike is how difficult it become to level your base past a certain point. You face a level limit that really slow you down, and upgrades start needing rare components, which are just that, rare. And already needed to upgrade 4* weapons and stigmatas.

Last edited:

Zanzura

Oct 25, 2017
Big update today, and the facebook page shared another code for 60 crystals this time: YVS95WVPKP

So many events to do now, whew.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I got EXTREMELY lucky with my pulls.

10 Pull: 1 Flame Card, 2 Fusion Card, 2 stacks of Fusion Frags
1 Single after 10 Pull: 1 Hymn Card

Good luck everyone!!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Congratz!

That remind me of a 10-pull I did a few weeks ago, I think it was the gacha with the keys. I somehow got 3 weapons, two of them being Judah.

But it looks like Hymn won't be mine. I emptied my crystal reserve for 25 pulls and 10 on the focus gacha, and all I got is fragments for valkyries I wasn't interested in, Flame Sakimata that I could have farmed easily anyway, and a stigmata I already had. Maybe I'll make another attempt after farming 1500 more crystals.

Next personal objectives, unlock the Divine Key stat bonuses, finish collecting the summer water bomb set, start farming Imayoh Ritual fragments from the memorial arena, and collect the 3 parts of the Seele set from the various stores. That set sound hardly beneficial when at first, when most valkyries won't even have 150 SP at low-mid level, but I see some potential for greatness once you reach high level. Besides, the lv75 limit will surely be upped one day, and max SP will go up with it.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT! Are those cilantro in the event!!! Best event ever!!!

Grats on the pulls! I am saving my crystals for stigs for blood rose and future fu hua. Then the sadness that is to get blood rose to SS.

Edit: LOL I see we can buy Fu Hua weapons in the shop already. Damn tease

Last edited:

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's a lot of fun, but at harder content she feels so unsafe to play. Enemies get too aggressive and in large amounts too often for me to really utilize her at her best.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, I did not know that. Guess I didn't spend enough time messing with her yet. Thanks.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
e1jwmm8m1el11.gif

https://old.reddit.com/r/houkai3rd/comments/9elutv/sakura_on_the_plane/

OMG...I NEED IT!!

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
takes too long to get into the higher difficulty raids man... let alone find a group that can do the challenges..

Leveling up judgement of shamash too much work. Only got it to 40 and the event ends soon. Anyone actually finish it?

Last edited:

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
takes too long to get into the higher difficulty raids man... let alone find a group that can do the challenges..

Leveling up judgement of shamash too much work. Only got it to 40 and the event ends soon. Anyone actually finish it?
I just started with the "Hard" level of the Squad Snowwolf missions, since I was prioritizing The Soul Throne first (at least I got through the Nightmare levels for that). But yeah, I agree, spent a good while finding a team, and when I finally get into a team they have no idea about the triggered events and the various immunity telegraphs on the ground. It felt like a miracle beating Higokumaru on Nightmare.

EDIT ADDED: War Treasury is open and what is this?? Lightning Empress and Moonbeam frag?! Give me now!!

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, what are the best Valkyries or which ones I should equip with my best Stigmatas?

Right now I have Kiana Kaslana, Raiden Mei and Yae Sakura.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Anyway, what are the best Valkyries or which ones I should equip with my best Stigmatas?

Unfortunately, we may need a bit more info since there are multiple variations of the same character. Like Kiana having, White Comet, Divine Prayer, Moonbeam, etc etc. You can tell which ones you have in the "Valkyrja" menu and looking at the title under their name.

Personally, it's difficult to say which valk is the "best" since it depends on the situation and how they're geared. Sometimes valks don't need gear and are great to start out with, like Celestial Hymn (Therersa) or Divine Prayer (Kiana), or sometimes they need a lot of stuff to make themselves be good, like Black Nucleus (Bronya).

EDIT ADDED: I should also point out that some stigmas work well with some valks more than others as well, so you might want to list those as well.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

It largely depend of what stigmatas and weapons you have alaivable. Some Valkyries turn into monsters once you can gear them correctly, and/or reach S/SS rank, while being shadowed by others when you don't.

My current standard team is Shadow Dash, Miko Sakura (or Triumph Himeko, if I'm not in the mood to spam the attack button), Theresa Pledge.

My boss-killing team is Raiden mei, Yamabuki Armor, Teri Pledge, and another Raiden Mei as support. The goal is to boost further Theresa's monstruous dps when she has Oath of Judah deployed. She dish out so much that the enemies are largely obscured behind a cloud of 500+ damage numbers.

I suggest you look up some of the tier ranking videos on youtube. It will give you an idea of each Valkyrie's potential once geared.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, we may need a bit more info since there are multiple variations of the same character. Like Kiana having, White Comet, Divine Prayer, Moonbeam, etc etc. You can tell which ones you have in the "Valkyrja" menu and looking at the title under their name.

Personally, it's difficult to say which valk is the "best" since it depends on the situation and how they're geared. Sometimes valks don't need gear and are great to start out with, like Celestial Hymn (Therersa) or Divine Prayer (Kiana), or sometimes they need a lot of stuff to make themselves be good, like Black Nucleus (Bronya).

EDIT ADDED: I should also point out that some stigmas work well with some valks more than others as well, so you might want to list those as well.
Oh sorry.

Kiara White Comet.
Raiden Mei Crimson Impulse
Yae Sakura Flame Shakitama.

My Stigamatas are:

Selena T, Victoria T and Charlotte T x3
Charlotte M x2, Selena M
Victoria B, Selena B, Charlotte B

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely a new car smell coming from your account. ^-^

White Comet and Crimson Impulse are the starter units, while Flame Sakitama is an "A-Rank" valk. Flame Sakitama is probably the one that I would prioritize since she's useful in the later portions of the game, like the Abyss and Co-Op sections. She's a strong damage dealer when raised to the higher ranks, and her frags are farmable in the "Samsara" which is available later in the game.

As for the Stigmatas, just place complete sets on the characters whenever you can for now, considering that you only have low level stuff.

But yeah, you're still at the point in the game where you don't necessarily need to think hard about the min maxing of character and stigmata/weapon combos. For now, just play and enjoy.

And good luck with your pulls whenever you decide to pull for units. (Remember that the you're guaranteed an A-Rank unit for every 10th pull regardless of it's a single or 10-pull.)

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also do not forget that you are guaranteed an S rank from standard supply within your first 33 pulls. That one could be a while though. I haven't even pulled that much from standard yet.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Well, the Etreme difficulty warning for the Elegy of the Wind mission isn't for show. I naively tought I could wing it, and lasted a whole 10 seconds. A boss whose attacks I'm espescially bad at dodging, and any hit is game over.
I'll be in awe of anyone I see with the reward badge for this event.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Already have lighting empress but those fragments sure look nice. Ill prob go in on them after months of getting thw kiana ones and unlocking the unit

Zanzura

Oct 25, 2017
It took me about 15 or so tries to clear Elegy of Wind but I'm somewhat used to fighting Wendy from abyss runs. When she dashes, it's a bad idea to chase her as sometimes she'll dash only once and immediately swipe at you and that's an instant kill. Her single wind projectile after dashing is way easier to dodge in comparison. For her triple wind blades, you can fit about 2 slashes before dodging, so I used that to time my dodges. The only issue is if you trigger Ultimate evasion, it'll slow everything including the projectiles down, long enough for your invulnerability from dodging to fade away. If it's a projectile you evaded, such as her overhead dual wind strike or the triple wind blades, they can still kill you afterwards once the time fracture fades. Thankfully they give you a weapon with a nice weapon skill as it gives you invulnerability throughout its animation and for 1 hit for 5 seconds afterwards. It's a good idea to use that for her 2nd and 3rd wind blades. For her ground vortex, you can fit in around 4 attacks before you dodge. When she does the triple tornado, that's your window to just wail away at her and ult if you have it. The tornados don't actually do anything if you hug her and are only a threat after like a 2 second start up (I haven't been hit by it in a long ass time so I dunno how long it takes for the tornados to actually be active).

It's also important to build up your meter as that boosts your damage by an additional 68% at max. You do this by landing the special follow up strike after her 4th hit (the forward flip strike she does). It'll only trigger if you don't hit attack after that forward flip for a split second and she'll flash an orange circle around her, that's when you tap attack again. So mash away until you see that forward flip. Also, FS has dodge offset, so if you dodge mid-combo you'll continue your attack string from where you were pre-dodge. It's something to keep in mind if you want to keep your meter up.

zsUWveF.png

I was also listening to the EZA podcast after about the 7th try as I figured out what I needed to do and just had to execute it. It helped me block out the negative thoughts/reactions from creeping in.

Too bad the emblem you get for clearing this expires in a month :/