• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I was having a blast with this game, it is so good and so addictive that I uninstaled it because I was playing four mobile games at once (Fire Emblem Heroes, that isn't really demanding as I already did everything in the game, Granblue Fantasy that I dropped too and Sdorica - sunset - that I'll keep playing) and couldn't get time to do other stuff but I'd highly recommend this game.
Oh snap, how is S'dorica? Global launch tonight, I've been interested.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I've been in love with this game since the firt time I played it. I'm currently at rank 30 (I believe max is 60). Excellent music, really cool story mode/story events in wich some times they'll let you use characters you don't have for the sake of the story and as they know exactly the characters that will be fightin the fight is designed like a puzzle, where you have to use skills in exact moments to win. As an example, there is a chapter that you fight against a HP-sucking bat and you'll have a character in your team that can give a shield to your frontline character. You can beat the bat like you would do normally but if you give the barrier to your tank just before the bat goes in to suck his HP, the barrier will hurt the bat's teeth and it'll immediatly leave the fight.

The characters and their animations looks great. Combat is fun, start simple but get complex later down the line. the only complain I have is that it doesn't have lots of characters so you'll be summoning the same ones for a while, good thing is that like Honkai you can use dupes to + stuff.

I'd recommend giving it a try if you enjoy jRPGs.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in love with this game since the firt time I played it. I'm currently at rank 30 (I believe max is 60). Excellent music, really cool story mode/story events in wich some times they'll let you use characters you don't have for the sake of the story and as they know exactly the characters that will be fightin the fight is designed like a puzzle, where you have to use skills in exact moments to win. As an example, there is a chapter that you fight against a HP-sucking bat and you'll have a character in your team that can give a shield to your frontline character. You can beat the bat like you would do normally but if you give the barrier to your tank just before the bat goes in to suck his HP, the barrier will hurt the bat's teeth and it'll immediatly leave the fight.

The characters and their animations looks great. Combat is fun, start simple but get complex later down the line. the only complain I have is that it doesn't have lots of characters so you'll be summoning the same ones for a while, good thing is that like Honkai you can use dupes to + stuff.

I'd recommend giving it a try if you enjoy jRPGs.
Nice! Thanks for the opinion.

yaffi

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know about using a controller on android, but a number of people in our discord are using an emulator + controller. I'd do it too if I wasn't so lazy.

Can you tell me the name of the emulator? I googled a bit, but couldn't find anything that was able to help me.

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, can I get an invite to the discord as well btw?
Can you tell me the name of the emulator? I googled a bit, but couldn't find anything that was able to help me.
You can try Nox or Mumu, Caim posted a guide and link to it. I prefer mumu over nox for honkai personally.
For those that want to use an emulator, Mumu is the best way to run it.

http://mumu.163.com/

It's in chinese though, but there is a decent english guide for some of the menus:
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...J41XNY/mobilepresent?slide=id.g23b072721a_0_0

yaffi

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, can I get an invite to the discord as well btw?

You can try Nox or Mumu, Caim posted a guide and link to it. I prefer mumu over nox for honkai personally.

Okay. I tried Bluestacks and it runs the game really well. But adding a controller didn't seem to be an option. Will give Mumu a try, thanks.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
My only real qualm with the game is sometimes you're really in a mood to play for like 2-3 hours but then you run out of stamina. I guess that's just an effect of the game being fun to play though. Stamina needs to refresh faster.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Got to this thread from searching Sdorica, so I have no idea about the game in the OP, sorry! But I just started Sdorica earlier and wow, I'm having a blast. Been playing for 2 straight hours now. The atmosphere of the game is excellent and I'm liking the combat so far. We need a thread for this game.

If anyone has a guild I wouldn't mind joining it, even though I'm not totally sure what it does yet haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit, I don't have time to be addicted to this! I've been playing since yesterday and I've finally run out of stamina, between the withdrawal effects and the guilt of pulling an S rank valkyrie it's really hard to justify dropping this. Even if you're under-geared it usually just means fights take a little longer aka more time for you to do cool shit.

Hubb Einbroch , do either of you guys mind sending an invite to the discord and armada my way? It'd be much appreciated! Sorry, if I'm pinging the wrong people.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game seems very good. I just don't have time to play it :/

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just unlocked the Abyss. I'll try to do a few floors so I'm in the promotional zone for next week. Hopefully I'll be more leveled then and maybe have more than just the basic valks so I can try to go deeper.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss is pretty easy until you reach the boss floors, so make sure you do get promoted.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Say is it possible that I play the game on my phone and PC with the same account? If yes, will there be any limitations?

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Cool game but it doesn't run very well on my phone unfortunately and there's these half a second freezes that ruins the pace of the combat.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
How easy is it to just ignore all the leveling stuff?

This looks cool but I just can't deal with "daily rewards" BS...

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Say is it possible that I play the game on my phone and PC with the same account? If yes, will there be any limitations?
As long as you're linked through Google Play games it should work, not sure with the in game account system.
How easy is it to just ignore all the leveling stuff?

This looks cool but I just can't deal with "daily rewards" BS...

You could easily ignore that stuff if you want, but you'd be ignoring progression.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The game runs perfectly on Mumu @ 1080p 60fps everything maxed and I can easily share my account between my iPhone and Mumu, even my crystals are still there! :D I just have to find out how to make Mumu see my Steam Input DS4 so I can use the touchpad for mouse-emulation.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I like the game way more now that I play it with a controller on my PC! :D It's just a bummer that Mumu runs elevated so it makes Steam unable to handle mouse emulation while the Mumu window is active. I resorted to just using my SF30 Pro in Xinput mode and use my mouse for menu navigation. And I really like the split I can do, do the action-parts on my PC and the base-management part casually on my phone.

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
I started the game one weeks ago. Then I rerolled to get Lightning Empress Mei.

Game is fun, I didn't expect that my phone would be able hold the 60 fps.

Great OP !

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Are you NA? There's a new banner dropping today that has some nice stuff in it. It should be out for EU.

I'm in the EU, do you mean the Focused Supply banner? I was wary about that one because it doesn't seem to feature Valkyries and I wasn't too blessed with my free-pulls so far, the best one I have is a A-Star Kiana Valkyrie Ranger Type: Mecha. I hoped for another good one.

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the EU, do you mean the Focused Supply banner? I was wary about that one because it doesn't seem to feature Valkyries and I wasn't too blessed with my free-pulls so far, the best one I have is a A-Star Kiana Valkyrie Ranger Type: Mecha. I hoped for another good one.
Right now you can buy 10 supply cards in the shop for 140 crystals each. That's basically a 10 pull for half price. I recommend doing that.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the tickets you buy are only for Standard Supply, but they contain all available valks at the moment.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I guess could be better, could be worse?
ijbkes.PNG

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, there's a thread. I wouldn't mind joining on the armada/discord if any room pops up.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I guess could be better, could be worse?
ijbkes.PNG

Divine Prayer Kiana is super good, super useful in the Abyss. Better than getting duplicates all day.

How is this game if I hate gacha bullshit?

The gacha isn't super punishing since there is pity counters, but gacha is a big part of the game play. I'd try it to see if you like it, otherwise, you're going to have to roll to get good gear. Most of the beginner stuff will be usable for a long time though.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Valkyrie Ranger so I'm sad I didn't get Divine Prayer since you're given the VR free for logging in 7 days right now.

I still have enough to pull 10 more times so there's still a chance I won't get something that's a duplicate.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Divine Prayer Kiana is super good, super useful in the Abyss. Better than getting duplicates all day.

The gacha isn't super punishing since there is pity counters, but gacha is a big part of the game play. I'd try it to see if you like it, otherwise, you're going to have to roll to get good gear. Most of the beginner stuff will be usable for a long time though.

Oh nice okay! :D So I guess I could just replace my default Kiana with her yes?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017

Good to know! Thanks for the info. I downloaded and have tried about 10-15 mins. Pretty cool gameplay, but man there's a lot going on here. Why so complicated? lol.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
They have a lot of complicated gameplay mechanics at work. The game should do a better of explaining everything, it makes a lot of sense once you've gotten used to it after a couple of days.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I need to start playing this on emulation. It looks too good not to play @60 but it microwaves my phone battery and temp in minutes.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
They have a lot of complicated gameplay mechanics at work. The game should do a better of explaining everything, it makes a lot of sense once you've gotten used to it after a couple of days.

Yeah definitely, I'll see!

I need to start playing this on emulation. It looks too good not to play @60 but it microwaves my phone battery and temp in minutes.

You could do what I do and play the action-parts on a emulator and with a double-login the management part on your phone.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this game out of curiosity yesterday and so far it's been really fun.
The first Valkyrie I pulled was Bladestrike Mei, just did a 10 pull with those tickets from the Event Shop and pulled 3 Valkyries :O
Scarlet Fusion and Triumph Himeko and the starter Kianawhich turned into Fragments.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
So, after buying those 10 tickets for 140 crystals each, is there another 'smart' way to spend crystals? Or should I just do general pulls (I have enough crystals for another 10-pull now). Or save for a particular Focused Supply?