• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
So I've been playing this for the past two weeks, my first mobile game and jfc the addiction T__T. Granted I haven't spent any actual money, I mean more so I find myself always hopping into the game.
Welcome!!...and my sympathies :P What is your captain name and region? (If you don't mind me asking.)
But yeah, nice set of valks you have!! Especially with Celestial Hymn, she's vital to my current abyss team. Considering that you have a solid core of valks, you might want to consider focusing on weapons and stigmas if you haven't done so already. They become more important in the long run.

And although we're not the most talkative bunch, don't be afraid to ask questions or for help if you need assistance in some levels.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Welcome!!...and my sympathies :P What is your captain name and region? (If you don't mind me asking.)
But yeah, nice set of valks you have!! Especially with Celestial Hymn, she's vital to my current abyss team. Considering that you have a solid core of valks, you might want to consider focusing on weapons and stigmas if you haven't done so already. They become more important in the long run.

And although we're not the most talkative bunch, don't be afraid to ask questions or for help if you need assistance in some levels.

My Captain name is 'Miskeen', region is Americas.

I honestly don't even know the best way to acquire better weapons, I'm still new to so much lol. Celestial Hymn is amazing, my main 3 currently are her, Gyakushinn Mako, and Accipiter

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't even know the best way to acquire better weapons, I'm still new to so much lol. Celestial Hymn is amazing, my main 3 currently are her, Gyakushinn Mako, and Accipiter
Nice!! If you don't have an Armada, we might still have slots for the ERA Armada, FateGO (1708). And if you need a friend, feel free to add me, EWP (ID#: 100481465).

As far as acquiring weapons/stigmas are concerned, you can mainly get them in the Focused Supply boxes (much like pulling for valks). There is a currently a "Special Supply" that has a rate up for ones of the best weapons in the game for any Teri Teri (Oath of Judah). If you want to see how well the stigma/weapon fits your valk, you can select the banner, then the weapon, and then "Applicable Character" and if will bring up a chart of which valks would benefit from the weapon/stigma the best. And of course, you can always ask us here, or in Reddit about that stuff as well.

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Memento take a lot of investment to unlock. but she's worth it. Among your valkyries, a lot have potential for end-game.

Accipiter is... I don't like her for some reason, so I don't know how useful she can be.
Chariot is valued for end-game due to her crowd-gathering ultimate, but require a kind of playstyle where you'll be constantly switching characters. Not everyone like that.
Celestial Hymn is great, congrats on the pull.
White comet is bad.
Ranger is fairly bad, but can be useful for the same reason as Chariot.
Divine prayer is good for abyss, not good for anything else.
Crimson Impulse is bad.
Miko is good, and you'll inevitably have her on SSS-rank one day.
Snowy sniper is good.
Pledge can be monstruous if you get your hands on Oath of Judah.
Rondo isn't as good, but will get several buffs in future patches.
Triumph is actually the one I use the most. Her dps is decent with a good weapon like Balmung, she often hit several enemies, and knock them away a lot while being fairly mobile when attacking. She's good at dealing pain without taking too many hits, and her ultimate is excellent in abyss for healing the whole team. She's a shield-killer as well.
Battle Storm is bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Nice!! If you don't have an Armada, we might still have slots for the ERA Armada, FateGO (1708). And if you need a friend, feel free to add me, EWP (ID#: 100481465).

As far as acquiring weapons/stigmas are concerned, you can mainly get them in the Focused Supply boxes (much like pulling for valks). There is a currently a "Special Supply" that has a rate up for ones of the best weapons in the game for any Teri Teri (Oath of Judah). If you want to see how well the stigma/weapon fits your valk, you can select the banner, then the weapon, and then "Applicable Character" and if will bring up a chart of which valks would benefit from the weapon/stigma the best. And of course, you can always ask us here, or in Reddit about that stuff as well.

Cool, I'll add you. I'm in an Armada but they're ridiculously inactive. No one does the Boss battle thing or contributes so I'm definitely leaving them and join the ERA armada.

Memento take a lot of investment to unlock. but she's worth it. Among your valkyries, a lot have potential for end-game.

Accipiter is... I don't like her for some reason, so I don't know how useful she can be.
Chariot is valued for end-game due to her crowd-gathering ultimate, but require a kind of playstyle where you'll be constantly switching characters. Not everyone like that.
Celestial Hymn is great, congrats on the pull.
White comet is bad.
Ranger is fairly bad, but can be useful for the same reason as Chariot.
Divine prayer is good for abyss, not good for anything else.
Crimson Impulse is bad.
Miko is good, and you'll inevitably have her on SSS-rank one day.
Snowy sniper is good.
Pledge can be monstruous if you get your hands on Oath of Judah.
Rondo isn't as good, but will get several buffs in future patches.
Triumph is actually the one I use the most. Her dps is decent with a good weapon like Balmung, she often hit several enemies, and knock them away a lot while being fairly mobile when attacking. She's good at dealing pain without taking too many hits, and her ultimate is excellent in abyss for healing the whole team. She's a shield-killer as well.
Battle Storm is bad.

I really love Accipiter, she has a fast attack speed and her melee interrupts damn near anything haha. I really like her playstyle so I'm hoping I get Phoenix one day.

Miko is definitely going to get max ranked. I pretty much take her to everything I do, I love her playstyle since I'm really good at evasions, and tagging the entire field after marking them all....*kisses fingers*. And I love her ultimate.

I didn't like Battle Storm at all but I definitely like Triumph. What the name of the Himeko that you get to use in Chapter 7? I REALLY love that one! Good to hear Rondo is getting buffed because she didn't feel that great and I thought it was just because I was used to Hymn but then again I felt Pledge was pretty good even with the crappy flame cross I grabbed for her from the store.

I haven't liked any of Kiana, I did like the spinarooni one a little but haven't unlocked her nor is she my aim, if I get her cool.

Currently I cap out in Abysses at level 30, it takes everything I have to beat Wendy (only because I STILL fuck up on dodging those damn 3 wind slices...). I tried doing a 31 once, Bronya AND that big hog looking Honkai? Man fuck T____T

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Currently I cap out in Abysses at level 30, it takes everything I have to beat Wendy (only because I STILL fuck up on dodging those damn 3 wind slices...). I tried doing a 31 once, Bronya AND that big hog looking Honkai? Man fuck T____T

Yeah that stage is a pain in the ass. If you like Accipiter, sooner than later we will be getting more Fu Huas that are really good. Actually too many valks coming out in the future look great to play.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Yeah that stage is a pain in the ass. If you like Accipiter, sooner than later we will be getting more Fu Huas that are really good. Actually too many valks coming out in the future look great to play.

Yea I saw one Fu Hua that has like a mode change, defensive and attack that I thought looked pretty dope. I was aiming for Phoenix but never got her with the focused supplies. Le sigh

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Yea I saw one Fu Hua that has like a mode change, defensive and attack that I thought looked pretty dope. I was aiming for Phoenix but never got her with the focused supplies. Le sigh

That was probably Shadow Knight, considered as the greatest dps until at least 2.5. But she's a S-rank, so expensive to get unless you're lucky, and will eventually get overtaken by a good A-rank.

Case in point, take a look at that video of a Kallen Imayoh Ritual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NgGrIYCSL4&t=8s . This Valkyrie has a somewhat bad reputation, and doesn't rank well in tier lists, and yet, when you build her correctly and invest in her, she's pulling some brutal numbers. I mean, 50k crits!

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it always sucks when you can't get who you want. The game is definitely a marathon, and sometime in the future there will be a way to farm for her. Not 100% when it will be added to our version though.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
That was probably Shadow Knight, considered as the greatest dps until at least 2.5. But she's a S-rank, so expensive to get unless you're lucky, and will eventually get overtaken by a good A-rank.

Case in point, take a look at that video of a Kallen Imayoh Ritual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NgGrIYCSL4&t=8s . This Valkyrie has a somewhat bad reputation, and doesn't rank well in tier lists, and yet, when you build her correctly and invest in her, she's pulling some brutal numbers. I mean, 50k crits!

She looks pretty dope, I like her fighting style/animations

Yeah it always sucks when you can't get who you want. The game is definitely a marathon, and sometime in the future there will be a way to farm for her. Not 100% when it will be added to our version though.

Yea but it's also pretty cool that we're apparently pretty far behind the SEA version in terms of the number of characters, looking at videos it means I'll be spending a long time with this game so I'm excited in that aspect.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Yea but it's also pretty cool that we're apparently pretty far behind the SEA version in terms of the number of characters, looking at videos it means I'll be spending a long time with this game so I'm excited in that aspect.

Thankfully It seems like they are doing their best to catch us up to SEA. Unfortunately that usually means there is a ton of stuff to do and never enough time/stam.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Ayato_Kanzaki : Looks like your girl Imayoh Ritual is coming!! Kind of wondering what S-Rank she'll be paired with for that banner.

Also did a YOLO 10-pull on the Special Supply banner and got Higokumaru T and B, looks like Saki will be used in my future.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Ayato_Kanzaki : Looks like your girl Imayoh Ritual is coming!! Kind of wondering what S-Rank she'll be paired with for that banner.

Indeed, my super-fast hitting kempo waifu is coming at last. :)
With that and Soul Calibur 6 both coming friday, this is a good week...

I have started long ago stockpiling argentite and magatamas to buy her fragments, as well as cores to buy Wings of Jingwei. She might just be the first valkyrie I grind to SSS rank.

Also did a YOLO 10-pull on the Special Supply banner and got Higokumaru T and B, looks like Saki will be used in my future.

I also did a YOLO 10-pull on special supply, got Higokumaru T (already had her, so +1000 resonators for trying to get Planck B) on third roll, and did three more rolls for the guaranted rare, and got Higokumaru B.
My Flame Sakimata now has Florid Sakura, Higokumaru T, Nuwa M, Higokumaru B. She will kick ass one day, eventually, maybe, once I get the ressources to get all that stuff past lv35.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I have started long ago stockpiling argentite and magatamas to buy her fragments, as well as cores to buy Wings of Jingwei. She might just be the first valkyrie I grind to SSS rank.
Geezus, you're really going all out for her :P I don't blame, you gotta support your girl! :: eagerly waits for God Kiana ::

My Flame Sakimata now has Florid Sakura, Higokumaru T, Nuwa M, Higokumaru B. She will kick ass one day, eventually, maybe, once I get the ressources to get all that stuff past lv35.
Daaaayum, full recommended equipment for her already?! Woof!! I'm waiting for the exchange house to drop Nuwa M on my end, but I still need to fish for Florid Sakura. But for now... ::sits and waits for God Kiana ::

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Up to 14 fragments for Memento, slooowly but surely. I thought I was going to unlock Saki today since I only needed 8 fragments and did Samsara Adventures...and didn't get enough T____T

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm at 39/100 for Memento myself. It's certainly slow going. But then, it gives you something to look forward to for some time.

Besides, when Imayoh came out in the SEA version, Memento was the S-rank in the banner. So, prepare your crystals. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I'm at 39/100 for Memento myself. It's certainly slow going. But then, it gives you something to look forward to for some time.

Besides, when Imayoh came out in the SEA version, Memento was the S-rank in the banner. So, prepare your crystals. ^^

When is Imayoh dropping? Also I'm heartbroken, spent much crystal trying to get Sakura or Oath and I got a bunch of Higokumarus...not complaining, since I got all 3 of her stigmata
Just reading that makes me soooooooo happy that I pulled her when her banner was up. I can't imagine grinding all those pots for her.

Anyone else surprised that there is no co-op faction mission for this round? I was mentally getting ready for it, but then BOOM, not there.

I have yet to do co-op for anything, but I need to atleast get those gauntlets for my Fu Hua from that one event but the queue times mentally exhaust me lol

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind helping with the raid either. Definitely worth getting the gauntlets. They are on par and in some cases better than the gacha ones. The pair in the memory shop are good too.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
And as expected, Memento is the S-rank featured in the gacha Banner.
With Ice Epi as the gacha weapon.

Mihoyo really want my money. And with arguments like that, they'll get it.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
With Ice Epi as the gacha weapon.
Shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeet.... I had a feeling that pulling on the last banner would bite me in the ass, but at least I got a decent outcome. But yeah... :: opens wallet ::

EDIT ADDED: Also interested in getting Schrodinger Band as well. (Mainly B, but T would be nice as well.)

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Well, it's not like you got bad results from your last banner, with 2 stigmatas. One of the things I appreciate enormously in HI3 is that even without spending money, you don't spend long without pulling something good from the gacha. Unlike a certain Fate game where you can throw 200$ at the gacha and only receive trash, much less the one thing you wanted.

On a shameless side-note, the Global release of Epic Seven is imminent, with pre-registrations open. That's a game I kept in mind for a few months now, seemingly similar to GranBlue Fantasy, with good feedback, and the over-the-top attack animations we all like.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed!! The pity counter was such a smart decision on their part...in terms of getting to my wallet. And yeah, I definitely know that feeling for that "other" game you're talking about. (600 SQ saved for Ishtar/Merlin/Musashi may god have mercy on my soul.)

And Epic Seven looks interesting, although I don't think I have the heart to start another mobile GaaS title. I'll probably check it out as a casual player though.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
...god damn you soulcalibur....

I didnt know maintenance was today so didnt spend my stamina... guess ill just play some more.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Epic Seven looks pretty awesome, I'll probably give it a try since it seems up my alley though sticking with it will depend on how many characters there are to get.

Also I saw some videos of Nocturne Kallan…uh when do we get her because yassss!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Then better start saving up, because the only way to get Nocturne Kallen is to spend crystals. If you want all 100 fragments necessary to unlock her, you'll have to throw 30k crystals at whatever gacha you want over a... 2 months? 3 months?... period.
Not that hard to achieve, but you need to resist the various temptations that will be in display before it comes.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Then better start saving up, because the only way to get Nocturne Kallen is to spend crystals. If you want all 100 fragments necessary to unlock her, you'll have to throw 30k crystals at whatever gacha you want over a... 2 months? 3 months?... period.
Not that hard to achieve, but you need to resist the various temptations that will be in display before it comes.

Yeaaaa…I'm good on that lol

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Im still waitng sk. Then its all stigs till future himekos drop.

Kallen is fun, now i gotta add more to the farming list..

Last edited:

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Tried to pull for Ice Ephi but got Schrodinger Band B and Tyr Wrist. Both are pretty OK, but I need D. Breaker for the latter.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
You will have D.Breaker sooner or later, as long as you grind the fragments. Tough I heard that she's not all that good in isolation, and mostly serve to enable certain team compositions based on frequent switching. Not my cup of tea.

I am a sad panda. I have Imayoh, but her fragments aren't in the forge. Her weapon isn't in the store. That's really some half-assed implementation.
And speaking about implementation, I can't wait for the QoL things that future patches will bring. The auto-team of expeditions. The auto-grind of valkyrie fragments. And last but not least, the new exploration map with Ai-chan replacing Higokumaru (because she has an auto-harvest upgrade, that alone make her better).

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So...any titles like this game for console? I'm finally getting that arcade racing fix on ps4, but where are all those 3rd person action titles like Honkai Impact 3rd? I guess GrandBlue Fantasy and Lost Soul Aside, but who knows when those will ever release. Anyways, I'm happy for my mobile gamer bros

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
For console? You can look at Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Nier: Automata (love this one for the story as well as gameplay, you should try it if you haven't). Maybe Nioh, if you like it difficult.

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
So...any titles like this game for console? I'm finally getting that arcade racing fix on ps4, but where are all those 3rd person action titles like Honkai Impact 3rd? I guess GrandBlue Fantasy and Lost Soul Aside, but who knows when those will ever release. Anyways, I'm happy for my mobile gamer bros
DMCV soon. Lucah is pretty good too.cant think of much more soon though

Minotaur

Oct 25, 2017
Are the dark jixuanyuan and jingwei worth the purchase? I have the mats but dunno if I should wait for future updates.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'd say the Dark Jixuanyuan set isn't worth it, while the Jingwei is, IF you don't already have enough good alternatives for your valkyries. I checked on the SEA account, and there isn't really anything better than Jingwei is that store (aside from the Seele Stigmata, who is a good long-term investment).

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Did some more pulls today and ended up getting the full Schrodinger Band T and M and Ice Epip!! That's it, I'm officially done!! Save time!!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Congratz!

Now start saving those 30k crystals for Nocturne Kallen fragments, we should get her in 2-3 months, I think. I'll try to do the same.