• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
2ERN5rj.png

Honkai Impact 3 portrays the story of 3 girls from St. Freya High School who are actually Valkyries fighting against the "Honkai."
You, as the player, will take the role as captain of the Hyperion warship, commanding the Valkyries against Deadwalkers and Honkai beasts around the globe, and fight for all that is beautiful in the world.

Click on portraits for gameplay videos~

Let's break down the gameplay~

Honkai Impact 3rd is a mobile action RPG with gameplay very similar to Bayonetta, but obviously toned down a bit, complete with perfect dodges and all.
You select three characters. Each character has an element, and enemies are weak to certain elements and resistant to others. You can swap out characters with ease, and they will come in with a switch attack. If you attack the enemy in a certain way, you'll initiate strong QTE attack. Let's give an example:

You attack with Kiana and have a Mei in reserves that has a QTE attack that can be triggered when a character launches the enemy in the air. So you do Kiana's tap-tap-hold attack which launches enemies. You then tap Mei, she switches in (so you're now controlling Mei), and she goes into a devastating tornado attack.
You know what? Just look at the gif.

giphy.gif

btw yeah thats basically witch time

And now it's time for Neki's Corner, with the HOTTEST of tips from the COOLEST of people:

1. Rerolling requires you to get 4 single pulls (not including the pull to get Mei). The 4th pull is guaranteed to be an A+ rank valk for all new accounts (even if you get an A rank valk before that). This can take up to 10-20 minutes. Rerolling isn't necessary though since most of the early content can be done with the default valks. You'll unlock good default valks to use through the story.​
  2. There is a tutorial button at the bottom of the right on the home screen once you've reached a certain level. Complete the missions to get free crystals.​
  3. Getting to level 30 is the short term goal. Getting to level 30 will unlock the full range of daily rewards along with other great stuff. You can exchange crystals for stamina twice before it comes very expensive. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra stamina to give up crystals.​
  4. You get a lot of exp chips and weapon/equipment upgrade cubes. Feel free to use the lowest rarity cubes and chips to upgrade weapons and valks.​
  5. Make sure to be upgrading skills for valkyries in the Valkyrie menu, you'll be at SP overfill for several levels.​
  6. Try to complete every objective in a mission to get crystals. If you fail to do so, quit before you complete the mission to save SP.​
  7. Friend request all people you play with, especially higher level ones. You'll get more friend points using friend support and strong supports can carry you through hard missions! Save your support points for weekly quests requiring you do to 10 pulls.​
  8. Try to do events every day, usually there is dailies for materials and a daily to fight the boss. If it's too hard to do by yourself, do co-op missions! Always make sure to check the missions tab every day to see what quests you can complete.​
  9. Be careful when doing side missions (labelled as S-1, S-2, S-3 etc) because there is a bug that occurs for achievements when doing them out of order. If you want to do the S missions, make sure you access them directly from the Missions log rather than the World map.​
  10. Gacha is extremely expensive in this game, I'd only recommend the monthly pack if you really like the game.​
  11. There is a pity pull counter for every banner if you don't hit certain thresholds. Each separate banner guarantees an A+ rank valk at 10 pulls (either a full ten pull or single ten pulls) and an S rank valk at 100 pulls on the same banner. I wouldn't pull on valk banners unless you really like a certain valk. There is also stigma (equipment) and weapon banners that are also useful that have the same 10 pull pity counter.​

~ Here's a useful beginner's guide in Neki isn't HOT enough for you ~

And yes, we have a US-server Armada (guild). Armada space is limited. Stay tuned for how we're going to handle it, as the game is fresh. Just wanted to get this thread up because it's a fun game and people need to play it.

Last edited:

vato_loco

Oct 26, 2017
Argentina
Amazing game. Been there day one on Global. Good times, good gameplay, game plays amazingly and even has 30fps / 60fps choice.

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great OT!

The game starts out deceptively simple but is great fun and later on you can experiment a lot with different team compositions and fighting styles.

The game is also very F2P friendly. There's really not much pushing you towards the gacha right now.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded this yesterday, it's really fun! There's so many systems though...will definitely ask for help later!

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys have any questions, feel free to direct them to KharmaPolice, our only EU Honkai player.

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
neat OT, hope there is space for the armada soon. Currently in a dead one with 1-2 whales lol.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
We have a few randoms that filled up our Armada if you are ready to join we can always make room.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So you have 3 Stigmata for each Valkyrie. You get the 2 Sets bonus when you have 2 of the same character in 2 slots, then the 3 sets bonus if its the same character in all 3 slots right? You can Enhance each Stigmata using items you get from each stage, Upgrading them is just using items to level them up. And refining them gives them an affix skill which is just a good bonus skill right? How do you upgrade the stars on each stigmata (or on a weapon for instance?) Also do you guys suggest using items to level up Kiana and Mei or should i not waste it on them?

Krusche

Oct 28, 2017
Sure thing Hubb, its a 12hr cooldown.
So you have 3 Stigmata for each Valkyrie. You get the 2 Sets bonus when you have 2 of the same character in 2 slots, then the 3 sets bonus if its the same character in all 3 slots right? You can Enhance each Stigmata using items you get from each stage, Upgrading them is just using items to level them up. And refining them gives them an affix skill which is just a good bonus skill right? How do you upgrade the stars on each stigmata (or on a weapon for instance?) Also do you guys suggest using items to level up Kiana and Mei or should i not waste it on them?
Correct regarding 2-3 set stigmata bonus, you get the weapon or stigmata to its current max level then upgrade to eventually max it out.
You will get plenty of exp items from event exp stages so feel free to use em.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Just to add on, Enhance to increase its level, upgrade when it is at max level to increase the stars, and I personally would not refine any stigmata you get just yet. Refining stones aren't plentiful so don't waste them on low star stigmatas. Same thing with rerolling affixes at this point, wait until you get some good stigmatas first.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, wondered if this was going to get an OT. Will try to hop on the armada later (If that option is even available to me yet).

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I see, thanks guys. Also is there anyway to increase the load of your characters?

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
So Global server is separated from SEA? Well that's too bad because I haven't join an armada yet :(

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow you made an OP for this game. I wasn't expecting that lol

The game does not default to the highest settings or the 60 fps frame rate cap when you first start it. If you want to enjoy these things, go into Settings as soon as you are able to and switch to them.

Assuming your phone can handle it, this game looks very good maxed out and it's a much nicer experience at 60 fps. Many phones will not be able to sustain 60 fps, others will simply overheat and throttle back, and using the highest settings and frame rate will drain your battery. Most phones will not charge and play this game at the same time due to the sheer amount of overheat that will create. This isn't a game for wimpy low-end phones.

If your phone can't handle it, there's always the emulator. This game does not have native controller support for unfathomable reasons and so if you want to use a controller instead of the touch screen the emulator is your best bet.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also recommend starting by today or tomorrow, since all the rewards are 7 day log ins and they all end on the 27th, so sign up now while you can!

yaffi

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks fun so far. But I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the touch controls in the long run. Is there a way to play with a controller on android without having to root my phone? Otherwise I might've to use an emulator and play on PC.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the game I'll probably pass on it, it literally rips through my phones battery and the management systems all seem so complex that I don't really want to put my head around it along with the gatcha reroll curse for Stigma :/

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the game I'll probably pass on it, it literally rips through my phones battery and the management systems all seem so complex that I don't really want to put my head around it along with the gatcha reroll curse for Stigma :/
Have you tried battery saver? It really helps. Mine goes through about 15% an hour with it on, without it it's like 40%.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun so far. But I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the touch controls in the long run. Is there a way to play with a controller on android without having to root my phone? Otherwise I might've to use an emulator and play on PC.

That's one thing I really don't get on Google's and Apple's part, I know there are controllers for both OS's but why aren't they releasing API's and controllers with touch-surface emulation? I bet a ton of people would buy one since mobile gaming gets increasingly popular and many games would benefit in comfort from not being touch-only. Since the majority of mobile games also don't seem to feature direct PvP I'm sure imbalance wouldn't matter much either since people who really want an advantage in direct PvP games can already do so with PC emulators anyway.

Have you tried battery saver? It really helps. Mine goes through about 15% an hour with it on, without it it's like 40%.

I suppose I could still try this, thanks for the tip! :)

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Just dropping in to say I totally love this game and it's one of the first mobile games I've spent a ton of time with. So polished and I LOVE all of the systems that unlock as you progress -- basebuilding, armadas, co-op, everything just feels super...premium to me.

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
Starting on the 20th there will be a rate up for weapons and stigmata:

unknown.png

The Ekaterina stigmata set is great on pretty much every Mei. The sword is the ultimate weapon for Bladestrike Mei (still good on Shadow Dash though) while the guns are supposed to be really good for Knight Moonbeam Kiana. So if you like using those valks consider pulling here.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
Ready to join armada whenever you are free.

Alright I'll free up a spot. Name is FateGO just let me know when you apply and I'll accept.

Don't know about using a controller on android, but a number of people in our discord are using an emulator + controller. I'd do it too if I wasn't so lazy.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Could use an invite as well if someone has been inactive. Been having a lot of fun so far with the game. Nice playing a game with a little bit of complexity to it.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Game needs to give more slots for armadas, we can only do a roster of 24 people and it's almost full at all times.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I was having a blast with this game, it is so good and so addictive that I uninstaled it because I was playing four mobile games at once (Fire Emblem Heroes, that isn't really demanding as I already did everything in the game, Granblue Fantasy that I dropped too and Sdorica - sunset - that I'll keep playing) and couldn't get time to do other stuff but I'd highly recommend this game.