• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's presumably non-canon anyway, but let's just say that... it's sparking quite the debate because in his ending... Jax... well... see for yourself.

Yep, Jax basically makes it so slavery never exists. ...hoo boy, is this right? Did they make the right call? I'm honestly terrified of the response, but it needs to be addressed. What should Netherrealm do about this?

Me personally. I don't mind the ending. It ties in what Jax is about: "Duty". All the endings tie in with that character's theme.

Last edited:

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
that image of jax at the end is objectively hilarious lmfao. what a ridiculous concept for an ending. Mortal kombat solved slavery

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's the problem here?

the only people who'll have a problem with this are racists

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Good on them. It's a perfectly sensible thing for a person to do should they have access to time travel.

Also, it seems to be angering nothing but idiots. Case in point:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only spoiler I've seen for MK11 and shit, glad I saw it.

Jax has the best ending in MK history. Love this fucking man. Gonna be the first classic tower I beat.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
id love to see what kind of debate this is sparking, op. seems pretty fine to me.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
That art needs some work and it seems to be overly cheesy but the message and sentiment I like.

"Knock it out of the park"(crack of a bat hitting a baseball sfx in the background) I couldnt help but laugh at that

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Literally makes the world a better place for everyone.
"Controversy".

Like, how?
This paints Jax as a legit amazing guy.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a good thing? Slavery was horrible, having it not happen can't be anything but good or am I missing something?

Oct 27, 2017
I love the ending. It's like going back in time to kill Hitler: some thing in history are objectively wrong. If you had the power to undo those terrible things, you fucking should. The only people who can oppose it are those who support the thing in the first place, i.e. racists.

And fuck racists and nazis.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I mean, isn't that a perfectly reasonable thing to do with the power of time travel? I don't see much of a controversy except among slavery-supporting racists

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I fail to see the problem.
I'm more impressed they didn't do a white savior thing, tbh.
OP, are you trying to manufacture something?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like that ending. i don't give a shit if some right wing idiots get mad at it.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
"You can have everything, you just need to dream bigger". Remind me to never take Jax life lessons seriously.

Other than that, the ending is fine, I don't see problems with it.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Jax basically makes it so slavery never exists. ...hoo boy, is this right? Did they make the right call? I'm honestly terrified of the response, but it needs to be addressed. What should Netherrealm do about this?

They made the right call. Why does it need to be addressed? Netherrealm don't need to do anything because nothing is wrong. It's a fantastic ending. Anyone who has an issue with that needs to take a look at themselves.

Why do you have a problem with it OP?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There's nothing controversial about this.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you could control time, one good thing to do would be to travel back to stop attrocities from happening.

Fuck space-time continuum.