• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
sorry, forgot the difference between dock and stand.
i can't edit the title.

can a mod change the title please?

priced for $38.99
https://www.play-asia.com/portable-table-mode-usb-hub-stand-for-nintendo-switch/13/70bxxp
if there an amazon link please put it here

Has 4 USB port hub
Table mode charging
Up to 60-degree adjustable angle
Compact design
Officially licensed product by Nintendo, not like the NYKO.
Nintendo switch and other peripheral shown are not included.

DiPcKedW4AAi6FM.jpg

DiPcKd-W4AA1eMJ.jpg

DiPcKeYX0AAwLkA.jpg

portable-table-mode-usb-hub-stand-for-nintendo-switch-557197.4.jpg

no AC adapter and no HDMI port.

but i still find it great

also, this is unboxing and show case for the dock

Last edited by a moderator:

rare

Oct 25, 2017
not letting hori shit touch my switch
not after they started bricking switches
edit: apparently it was nyko ignore my dumbass

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
cool, I could use my stick and charge at the same time.

was it hori that had the mini dock that was bricking switches though?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

I was gonna come say the exact same thing...

... until I saw this is Officially Licensed.

If the price is right, this seems like a perfect travel dock.

EDIT: D'oh! No HDMI out? Meh.

I'll stick that $20 stand with side-USB that just came out that I picked up on Fri. Damn. What a miss.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I covet this!

edit: wait, no I don't.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Once again people...do not buy 3rd party products that are responsible for charging batteries or using electricity, outside of maybe the most basic AC adapter.

If it uses electricity in any way, stay away!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Let's make something clear
Switch dock - device that connects to Switch to allow you to play on the TV
Switch stand - device that connects to Switch to allow you to play in tabletop mode

This is a stand, not a dock.

Once again people...do not buy 3rd party products that are responsible for charging batteries or using electricity, outside of maybe the most basic AC adapter.

If it uses electricity in any way, stay away!

Hori products are officially licensed by Nintendo, they're good to go

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
We really oughta make sure to use the word "dock" only for things that have HDMI out, and "charging stand" or something for things like this. Sure you could argue this is a dock but it's confusing and makes people have to come into the thread to find out it's not what they're looking for.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This isn't really a Dock...just a stand with a USB Hub.

A Dock implies TV usage.

Fake News!

Even Hori call it a Stand!

Why you lie, OP?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really? With what accessory? I only know of the Nyko ones bricking Switches so it's surprising to hear that even with Hori that is also happening.

Edit: saw your edit. Nyko products are normally crap, Hori has been working with Nintendo for years now, they make good stuff typically.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod please change the title from Dock to Stand? It's not a dock and it's not advertised as such.

Edit: haha beaten there.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is actually perfect for what I want: A stand that doubles as a USB hub with charging passthrough. Will be awesome for Smash tourneys when you don't have a spare monitor.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is this a relevant enough thread to ask what's the best dock "shell" to buy. As in, taking the internals out of my dock and putting them in another one? I've seen a few different ones floating around, anyone have one they recommend in particular?

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have that Hori lan adapter and either ninty's network is pure shite or that thing doesn't deliver as I have a very solid connection and almost never experience issues on ps4/pc. Laggy mario Tennis matches all over the place, MK8 was decent I guess but a shitload of "communication errors" too. Is this like madcatz or whatever shitty brand out there?

Here's my 20 bucks kimishima replacement!

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn... just picked up the other Hori stand. This one looks good too :-/

This would be great for playing SSBU on the go with GCN controllers.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I have that Hori lan adapter and either ninty's network is pure shite or that thing doesn't deliver as I have a very solid connection and almost never experience issues on ps4/pc. Laggy mario Tennis matches all over the place, MK8 was decent I guess but a shitload of "communication errors" too. Is this like madcatz or whatever shitty brand out there?

Here's my 20 bucks kimishima replacement!

Nintendo hasn't updated the Switch to support USB 3 yet, so there's only so much a LAN adapter can do.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
This looks pretty great!
The only missed opportunity imo is to make a version of this with a cavity that stores a large usb battery to charge it (or just to store a charger etc). I like it though!

Apenheul

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
That... is pretty much exactly what I need. I have a couple of 10 hour flights ahead of me and this seems like the perfect dock/stand combo. Too bad I'm already flying coming Sunday so it won't be on time, but since my business trip takes me to Tokyo I should be able to find it there and use it for the way back.