• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Note the red X button.
5ca303e3ad36d5fd934113db43caec29.jpg

Also has a button behind. 4780JPY.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do they give you a connecting piece so you can use it like a pro controller?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does this one have Rumble?
This product is not equipped with the following features. Games using these features can not be played comfortably.

・ Gyro sensor ・ Motion IR camera ・ Acceleration sensor ・ Player lamp ・ HD vibration ・ Information lamp ・ NFC (Near Field Communication)

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This product is not equipped with the following features. Games using these features can not be played comfortably.

・ Gyro sensor ・ Motion IR camera ・ Acceleration sensor ・ Player lamp ・ HD vibration ・ Information lamp ・ NFC (Near Field Communication)

Super weird that it doesn't have gyro sensor when the game supports them.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn it, no gyro or HD rumble is a huge letdown. Also, only one grip button per joycon sucks.

So close, and yet so far.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Nintendo should really get in the space and release 'Pro joycons'. Separate hand play is the future.

I might get those if those analogue sticks are full size and not shit like the joycons.
Or it's, you know, a clear and obvious compromise to achieve multiple purposes. One of which is more portability. Not 'shit'.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No features equals no buy. Every time I see something like this I'm glad I just modded a dpad in and got a nice grip. Nintendo doesn't seem interested in making things like this properly.

Oct 25, 2017
No gyro? Come the f on.

I'm happy with my grip, but joycons that feel more like a controller (and keeps gyro) was always a dream. Someday.
Well, the controllers themselves don't have Gyro but the switch itself does... I'm not sure how the controller APIs are set up, but it's possible that games might fall back to internal gyro when playing with these. I don't recall reports of the Hori Dpad controller causing gyro to not work on Splatoon.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Remember when folks thought we'd be seeing specialty joycons for all sorts of titles prior to the Switch's launch? Interesting that that finally panned out in a way.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Hori does what Ninten....

Oh FFS.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

UGH...

So close. I was really interested for like 10 seconds.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Oh shit I need that
Edit -

Nvm

maneauleau

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The more I look at this controller the more it feels like it could be so much comfier than the regular joycons that maybe it's not too bad if there is no gyro etc. But still the use case is a bit weird because it can be used only to play handheld and since it's so voluminous then only for sedentary usage rather than for travel or commutes. I still would like to get my hands on it to trial it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Goddamn it I'm going to buy yet another Switch accessory that solves some issues but not all of them aren't I?

I currently have a Hori Joy-con with the d-pad and a Satisfye grip, so I don't really need this...but those analogue sticks are a major upgrade for handheld.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for reviews but I need something like this. Even with a good grip the sticks on the joycons are horrible for anything other than the most basic gameplay.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Or it's, you know, a clear and obvious compromise to achieve multiple purposes. One of which is more portability. Not 'shit'.
Unfortunately, the Joy-Con are built around a lot of these small compromises to make the idea of the Joy-Con work. I think I've argued this point with you before, in fact. Oddly, I'd almost consider how "bad" the Joy-Con analog sticks are a positive, given the lack of a d-pad, because the limited range of motion of the analog sticks at least makes it more acceptable as an alternative to the [non-existent] d-pad. That said, the Joy-Con has too many compromises to be considered a great controller, overall.