• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted or not.

• Fast loading: Fast-travel across the map and get back into the game almost instantly with the PS5 console's ultra high-speed SSD and fast load times.
  • Stunning visuals: Experience the vast world of Horizon Forbidden West in stunning 4K and HDR.* From mountain tops to small sprigs of leaves, everything is realized to incredible detail at an enormous scale. Targeting 60fps, Performance Mode further enhances smoothness of movement, animations and controls.
  • Haptic feedback: Get closer to each fight Aloy takes on with the DualSenseā„¢ wireless controller's haptic feedback. Feel the sensation of blades of grass you brush past when making a stealth approach, melee swipes you make against machines and armored humans, and the directional impact from enemy attacks when you attempt to evade.
  • Adaptive triggers: Enjoy a new level of immersion when you interact with different objects using the DualSense wireless controller's adaptive triggers. Feel the tension in the string of your bow, the pull of your new grappling tool and the resistance of the triggers on heavy tribal and mechanical weapons.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Listen to the landscapes of Horizon Forbidden West come to life around you with the PS5 console's Tempest 3D AudioTech. Hear vegetation rustle in the wind, birds flying overhead and large mechanical machines swimming in the water below as you explore environments teeming with wildlife and machines.
www.playstation.com

Horizon Forbidden West - Exclusive PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Get Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 and PS5. See the latest news, trailers, screenshots and more. Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West, a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.

From my other thread
  • They have something call a cinematic lighting rig which travels along with Aloy whenever she moves, it lights up her entire character on the PS5. With PS4 it will only be in cinematics
  • The rendering technique for the underwater scenes is special on the PS5 it has extra details and extra systems, the wave technique is better on the PS5 as well.
  • The game does use raytracing on the PS5
www.resetera.com

Horizon Forbidden West: Everything You Need to Know

A topic gathering everything we know about Horizon Forbidden West since there so much new stuff I felt this was needed/ Will keep this updated. Got help from Wollan and yukihirasouma Release Date Come out on February 22 2022 Story The World: "The map extends all across the western...

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what the PS5 version was always going to be. Even if there was no PS4 version. I can't wait.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I wanna say this was known when the game was first announced.

Those aren't even title specific features like the different water....just regular ps5 game features.....uses dualsense and has good graphics šŸ˜®

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
I'm still iffy on the DualSense, first party stuff it's been ok (R&C was great, Spider-man got kinda annoying) and third party been hit or miss, but I'm sure we're just going to keep seeing "PS5 Edition features" that just say "Loading, texture, controller" for all big releases

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
These kinds of next-gen "features" really are just...so empty to me. I thought this gen was going to improve games creatively, not just slightly bump up the tech level.

They really need to move on from cross-gen ASAP and start making games specifically for the new consoles.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Welp that all sounds wonderful to me!
I still think it's one of the prettiest and most next gen looking games yet, and it's crossgen. Very excited to play this

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
So
I'm still iffy on the DualSense, first party stuff it's been ok (R&C was great, Spider-man got kinda annoying) and third party been hit or miss, but I'm sure we're just going to keep seeing "PS5 Edition features" that just say "Loading, texture, controller" for all big releases

Maybe it is one of the way for Sony to marketing third party games and get people buying them in ps5 like It is the "best" way to play those games

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well at least the 60fps mode is officially confirmed, rest I feel are already known quantity.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Locked 30 FPS is better than "targeted 60FPS" in most cases though. a stable frame rate is king.

And people were thinking 60FPS is the norm for next-gen when even cross games struggle ...
Sony always says targeting 60 fps even if its locked because someone sued them over it.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Locked 30 FPS is better than "targeted 60FPS" in most cases though. a stable frame rate is king.

And people were thinking 60FPS is the norm for next-gen when even cross games struggle ...
Sony has to legally mark all their games as "targeting [x]fps" due to a court verdict some years back.
All their "targeted 60fps" PS5 games so far has practically been locked 60fps.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
These kinds of next-gen "features" really are just...so empty to me. I thought this gen was going to improve games creatively, not just slightly bump up the tech level.
Why would you even think that after the PS4 generation?

If you want something truly new and groundbreaking go Virtual Reality. Consoles are just the same old with fancier tech.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i think the wording is "targeting 60fps" even if it's very solid just on the very rare occasion there are drops. the ps5 patch for zero dawn for example states "Unlocked framerate to 60 FPS when running on a PS5ā„¢ console" but it was pretty much perfect according to DF.

i don't disagree with the second part of your comment tho, as time goes on i think there will be fewer and fewer 60fps games on these consoles.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Oh there is RT? Cool. I'm more excited for that for DF's video than actually using it. I'll play 99% of time in 60 fps mode.

EDIT: Oh just audio?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has to legally mark all their games as "targeting [x]fps" due to a court verdict some years back.
All their "targeted 60fps" PS5 games so far has practically been locked 60fps.
Oh, that's news to me. Do all publishers handle it like this now? Can they be sued for minor drops? "Targeted 60FPS" always felt like a marketing term to sugar cost fluctuating FPS.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yes for sound, there is no confirm for reflection or light.
Oh there is RT? Cool. I'm more excited for that for DF's video than actually using it. I'll play 99% of time in 60 fps mode.

EDIT: Oh just audio?

How are you making use of the console's ray tracing tech?

Mathijs de Jonge: We use ray tracing technology for a lot of things in the game. We use it for the sound engine, for the physics and for the rendering. So we use a variety of technical setups, in terms of ray tracing. I'm not a tech engineer, so I can't explain it in much more detail than this. But yes, we are utilizing it.
www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Interview: Horizon Forbidden West's creators promise a highly ambitious sequel

Will Aloy finally get to fly on a machine? We talked to the creators of Horizon Forbidden West to find out.

Jun 23, 2019
Anything about flying mounts?
tenor.gif