• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding on PS5 was around 70 gb.
Considering how large this game could be I can imagine the size being true ;p

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
HZD was multilangage even for the US version. I hope I still can play the sequel in French despite buying the US version. Not a deal breaker, but in this case I'd prefer it that way.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
fwiw, the PS4 version hasnt yet been uploaded to the database as far as I can tell so we dont have a point of reference to it yet.

Also, I wouldnt say "revealed" yet, because these numbers arent always 1:1 with the download size, or size on the drive.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
So it's 10 hours longer for EU folks, pretty awesome

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Language packs and VA.

It's probably total size with all the packs installed, it would probably be closer to the US one when only English is installed.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
The idea was still that you could buy the PS4 version and get upgraded to parity with the PS5 version right? I'm afraid Sony is going to do a whoopsie we lied a little. It's the one thing keeping me from buying it day 0.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Genuine question

What's to stop language packs being an optional part of the download, same way we have the option to download just mutliplayer or single player with some titles?

Or the appropriate version for the console, in the Xbox ecosystem?

Because 10 GB is a lot and that seems like a consumer friendly move, if possible.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question

What's to stop language packs being an optional part of the download, same way we have the option to download just mutliplayer or single player with some titles?

Because 10 GB is a lot and that seems like a consumer friendly move, if possible.

Nothing really, other than the amount of effort required to implement it. PS5 titles already support optional language packs, if you look at a game like Black Ops Cold War and use the Manage Game Content option there is a language data section where you can optionally install languages in addition to English. Dirt 5 is another game that implements this.

For all we know Horizon may utilise this, the Twitter post mentions that games are not always the size from the database once installed.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The idea was still that you could buy the PS4 version and get upgraded to parity with the PS5 version right? I'm afraid Sony is going to do a whoopsie we lied a little. It's the one thing keeping me from buying it day 0.

Yes though currently the description doesn't seem to have been updated at all to actually rectify the change. I was planning on making a thread closer to release if it still doesn't change due to it being really unclear this is the case if the initial announcement was missed.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Genuine question

Nothing stops that, it already happened with Witcher 3 on the PS4 and different games.
The question might be if the option if available for HFW.
That option wouldn't change the database file size, because language packages would be surely inside the same database.

But somehow i believe Guerrila Games didn't thought about that option.

Also most of the time those filesizes from the database go down to 70% when released.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should let us chose the languages we need. Don't need all of them and storage space is so limited.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So I have the collectors edition, is it still digital code? If so fuck me gonna take forever until I can play : (

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Well, shite. Is it this big because it's a cross-gen title?

I really should look into buying more storage...

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Genuine question

Nothing really, Ubisoft games have downloadable language packs for a while in their big games like WD and AC, but system wise they act like free DLCs. Although recently Immortals Fenyx Rising had some languages built in the original download.

I suppose they are putting all languages on the download because it's the same file as the disc and in the disc you certainly don't want things like language to be a download.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
What sucks the most is that the PS4 version is still $10 cheaper, so I have to download all this for the PS5 version even though I'll have a physical copy.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how big it would have been had they not unleashed the Kraken 🤔

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Even with kraken compression it's still this big. Hyped. Hope there's a big open world to explore with plenty of bloat so this can be my forever game hnnnng

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Yes though currently the description doesn't seem to have been updated at all to actually rectify the change. I was planning on making a thread closer to release if it still doesn't change due to it being really unclear this is the case if the initial announcement was missed.
I'm waiting it out too, hope a thread does get made because it's so obscure not really mentioned anywhere only the deluxe got the mention and that's $70. No explanation how it's going to work. Kind of shady.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
It's getting bigger, 97GB now on EU. They released a patch for music mix issue.