• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
From Julien Chièze's interview :

Lots of other tidbits in his video but I feel this is important enough to single out.

- Free climbing thanks to a new automated system that basically adds points of climbing on most surfaces instead of being placed manually, some exceptions for game design / story pacing reasons.
- Hookshot upwards

edit :

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Great, now confirm gyro aiming. It was a glaring omission in the original game, especially coming off of BotW.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Knew it was preeeetty much a given, but I'm glad it's confirmed. Guess I should get around to playing the first one soon.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know and good to hear about climbing. I was just playing through the Forbidden West Frozen Wilds DLC and re-realized I'm not a fan of the climbing mechanics as is.

Last edited:

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Yay! Fantastic news and great for free climbing too

This game is going to be amazing

From Julien Chièze's interview :

Lots of other tidbits in his video but I feel this is important enough to single out.

- Free climbing thanks to a new automated system that basically adds points of climbing on most surfaces instead of being placed manually, some exceptions for game design / story pacing reasons.
- Hookshot upwards

But what about zero dawn! Do I have to do a satanic rain dance or something To get it?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Expected, I'll probably play at 30, in this kind of games I prefer visuals

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Only advantage to being cross gen. Was worried they were not gonna be one since they didn't confirm it after the last SoP.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Expected, but so damn good to have it confirmed. Otherwise I would have given the game a miss entirely, such is my hatred of 30fps.

Dec 2, 2020
Love they've added a glider and free climbing.

The Legend of Horizon: Breath of the Forbidden West.

The game looks great and will look even better at 60.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I wonder what the compromises will be. If it's just lower resolution then I'd take 60fps, but if some of the eye candy is lowered (lighting, reflections, etc...) then I'm fine with sticking to 30fps 😊

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
but 60fps looks better than 30fps
Depends on the game, for example I played Miles at 4K30 instead of RT60 because the reflections looked a bit off imo
My choice is entirely dependant on the game, for example Valhalla and Demon's Souls I played at 60 but if a game has RT or more density in crowds like Miles I'll gladly play at 30

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
This isn't official confirmation right? I don't know who this guy is. Is he a reliable source?

EDIT: OK. Watch video first before commenting!

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Hope we don't have to lose any graphics settings to get that. 1080p 60fps with the best graphics is what I'm after.