9oqNOFv.gif
8G9z0dP.gif

IuKOlDp.gif

nBcyIt8.gif

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Gorgeous work! Looking forward to this a lot even with the concern over the port.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot I bought this game a while back, hopefully I can be good enough to enjoy it

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I still have hope that it will be okay. If not we can always refund it, maybe.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great job on the OT!

I'm hoping they can fix the issues by the time the price drops and I can double dip.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the inevitable OT title for Forbidden West is going to be now that this is taken.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Initial Shader Compilation
In order to improve performance during play, we've implemented a one-time initial shader compilation before the game starts for the first time. This can take an average of 10-15 minutes for most systems to complete. Once it's completed, you won't have to do it again unless you make a significant hardware change or update your video drivers. We're looking into ways to further optimize this process.

Known Issues
  • Anisotropic Filtering settings are not working. This is a high priority issue for us to resolve.
  • Some systems may experience a brief stutter during general world traversal, UI updates, quest updates, or camera swaps in cutscenes. This is a high priority issue for us to investigate.
  • Some animations are designed to only refresh at 30fps even if the game is running at a much higher frame rate. We are exploring how we can improve this with a future update.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
What is the reason for the initial shader compilations with these PS4 ports? Is it that wildly different than a normal PC game?

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking forward to this game immensely.

I almost bought a PS4 for it a few years ago. Just please god, let it run well on my PC. All the previews today have me very concerned.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Is there going to be a performance thread? Either way, I think linking Durante's article in the OP is a good idea, since it gives a good run-down on graphics options.

Good to know, but not that unusual - iirc, No Man's Sky does much the same thing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am expecting performance to be really bad after reading/hearing everything today and big backlash to happen in next few days.
Sounds like the port wasn't ready for release. My hype literally died with benchmarks and impressions today.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Awesome OT, Aurc! Looking forward to many more enjoying this wonderful game.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I may start a photography thread for the game this weekend too. There is an old one for the PS4 version here, but starting it again with all the PC improvements seems apt, especially for such a gorgeous looking game with a built in camera mode.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
One of my favorite games! The backstory and lore are super fascinating, and I loved the combat. Hopefully patches will fix the awful performance issues. I'll double dip then.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I have decided to like this game even if the performance sucks. Hell, I'll like it even if I hate it. Fight me.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Wonder what the inevitable OT title for Forbidden West is going to be now that this is taken.
red head redemption 2 would have been a mad boring and uninspired title for the forbidden west OT

it's way better here

Good to know, but not that unusual - iirc, No Man's Sky does much the same thing.
yeah detroit, battlefront 2 and MW too, starting to become a bit more common, think it's a DX12 thing

MW does it a bit too often for my liking tho lol

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have decided to like this game even if the performance sucks. Hell, I'll like it even if I hate it. Fight me.

Nah, the game itself is awesome.

I hope people are going in blind and take their time to listen to the audiologs and holo conversations.
The overarching world story is one of the best sci fi stories in video game territory.
I wish I could go back in blind again.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame port is rough, but it's not like they can't continue to address fix issues.

I wonder why GG didn't trade notes with Kojima Productions when doing the port? I'll still give it a whirl and see how it goes on my system.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, the game itself is awesome.

I hope people are going in blind and take their time to listen to the audiologs and holo conversations.
The overarching world story is one of the best sci fi stories in video game territory.
I wish I could go back in blind again.

Yeah I ain't seen nothing about this game, just a couple gameplay snippets here and there.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Enjoy the machine combat and those beautiful vistas, my man. Hella smooth.
yeee

You're in for one hell of a time! One of my favourite games of all-time. It's so cool many others now get to enjoy it for the first time, too. :P
ahh man, it's been a while since i've played an open-world with a day/night cycle. i'm a really big sucker for a good photo mode so being able to change the time of day through it is so cool. definitely one of the big things i'm excited to check out outside of those robo fights.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I hate it when they only offer double-buffered v-sync. I don't care when playing on my FreeSync monitor, but when I play on my non-VRR TV I usually have v-sync activated and would have preferred triple-buffered v-sync.

Still not sure and convinced to double dip on this one. I've played the original on the PS4 Pro for nearly 70hours and it looked great. I'm not sure if I want to spend 50 EUR on the same game that won't offer DLSS2.0 with significantly better visuals, resolution/image quality and performance. What I've seen looks good but they haven't fundamentally changed the visuals as would have ray-tracing. So all things considered I might be better of waiting for a sale.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If you're disappointed with the base game, please try to give Frozen Wilds a shot before dropping it. It's such a step up from the base game.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Gorgeous work! Looking forward to this a lot even with the concern over the port.
Great job on the OT!

I'm hoping they can fix the issues by the time the price drops and I can double dip.
Awesome OT, Aurc! Looking forward to many more enjoying this wonderful game.
Beautiful OT! Gonna wait for one or two patches before buying, not really feeling it after reading the impressions
Appreciate it, y'all.
Nice. Is there going to be a performance thread? Either way, I think linking Durante's article in the OP is a good idea, since it gives a good run-down on graphics options.
Durante's article has been linked and threadmarked in the first post.

Performance discussion appears to be taking place here:
But if someone else makes a new thread, I'll gladly link that above as well.
I may start a photography thread for the game this weekend too. There is an old one for the PS4 version here, but starting it again with all the PC improvements seems apt, especially for such a gorgeous looking game with a built in camera mode.
That sounds like a great idea! Gonna be wild seeing the high fidelity screenshots and gifs that this game will now result in.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
In order to improve performance during play, we've implemented a one-time initial shader compilation before the game starts for the first time. This can take an average of 10-15 minutes for most systems to complete. Once it's completed, you won't have to do it again unless you make a significant hardware change or update your video drivers. We're looking into ways to further optimize this process.

Known Issues
  • Anisotropic Filtering settings are not working. This is a high priority issue for us to resolve.
  • Some systems may experience a brief stutter during general world traversal, UI updates, quest updates, or camera swaps in cutscenes. This is a high priority issue for us to investigate.
  • Some animations are designed to only refresh at 30fps even if the game is running at a much higher frame rate. We are exploring how we can improve this with a future update.

Guerilla's support for H:ZD on PS4 was pretty legendary. They should be pretty good for fixing any problems on PC.

All the fixes/updates the PS4 version got

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
yeee

ahh man, it's been a while since i've played an open-world with a day/night cycle. i'm a really big sucker for a good photo mode so being able to change the time of day through it is so cool. definitely one of the big things i'm excited to check out outside of those robo fights.
There's a lot about Horizon that I love, and it's photo mode is definitely amazing, so you should have a lot of fun there also. The story is incredible!

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Was very excited before the reviews put a damper on it with news about very poor performance across the board.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dino crysis is not being the title is a bit : ( but still wig and cute ot

hoping performance is ok on my 1080 (i know it won't be)

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
dino crysis is not being the title is a bit : ( but still wig and cute ot

hoping performance is ok on my 1080 (i know it won't be)
I almost went with that. Almost! It's always hard picking OT titles, not just because I'm no good at them myself and have to solicit community suggestions, but because I then have to pick from the multiple that come up, and the title won't always please everyone.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Wouldn't that entail playing a great deal of the base game first?

Yea you can't really ask somebody to push through hours of a game they're not enamored with just to get to DLC they might find better. I loved the base game when I played it on PS4 back in 2017, but I never got to play Frozen Wilds since I sold my PS4 Pro before it came out. Excited to be able to finally get to it provided poor performance doesn't lead to me refunding it.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I'm not seeing a big improvement over Pro that I completed the game and dlc on so with the comments about stutter I'm going to double dip when the game drops in price.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost went with that. Almost! It's always hard picking OT titles, not just because I'm no good at them myself and have to solicit community suggestions, but because I then have to pick from the multiple that come up, and the title won't always please everyone.
that's fair, i hope i didn't put a damper on your hard work 🙏

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
question, since i never played the dlc on PS4, do i need to finish the game first on pc to play the dlc? i can't start it right away from the start?