• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warheat

Oct 28, 2017
I bought complete edition about a week ago. I'm now around 7-10 hours into the game and so far the sidequests are underwhelming with little to no story behind it, basically just go here kill machines/humans or go find and track some items/person.

I played on Very Hard and I find the combat is good at first, but after a while it's kinda boring because the enemy is bullet sponge and the AI is garbage, I feel like higher difficulty just make it more annoying than challenging due to easy way to exploit the AI.

I also find that the archery and jumping in the game so "janky/jumpy" (sorry I don't know the right word for it), this is not a problem in open field, but inside a cave/dungeon, this became a problem because I feel like the jumping doesn't have weight in it so I kept failing trying to jump on some platform.

I might have to turn the difficulty down to get auto-aim because I feel like I can't shoot to save my life. So, does it get better? To me, it feels like Infamous 2nd Son all over again, beautiful games but lack of depths.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Nope, uninteresting sidequests and combat persist throughout. Just do the cauldrons and beeline through the storyline. If the story doesn't interest you then don't even bother

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
be9.jpg

Not every game is for everyone.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
The combat against robots and stealth is the standout part of the game, if it's not doing it for you then it's not going to get better.

Not sure why so many people feel they have to like games like Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's not perfect, and even if it was, it wouldn't suit everyone.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The plot and characters? Nope. A bunch of the lore is continually dumped by way of unskippable hologram sequences.

I took the critical path and breezed to the end in about 15 hours.

Mar 17, 2018
Oh look the hipsters are here to tell us Horizon combat sucks. You might as well find something different to play because not too many people care when a thread is plastered here day in day out.

There is absolutely no lack of depth in Horizon combat. You clearly just don't know what you are doing so put it back on Normal.

The AI for these machines is more technical and polished than you could ever know. Period.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Nah.. story gets better in the final few hours of the game but that's pretty much it. I forced through the game to prevent buyer's remorse.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh look the hipsters are here to tell us Horizon combat sucks. You might as well find something different to play because not too many people care when a thread is plastered here day in day out.

There is absolutely no lack of depth in Horizon combat. You clearly just don't know what you are doing so put it back on Normal.

The AI for these machines is more technical and polished than you could ever know. Period.
This person is angry.

Mar 17, 2018
be9.jpg

Not every game is for everyone.

No shit. I am sorry but these fucking threads ARE actually becoming an eye sore. I feel like I posted in this same exact thread for the past 4 weeks, but it's like ten different threads. Look, you do you OP, but you can definitely answer your question without posting another thread like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Think we had this exact thread recently.
Edit: here

There are abilities you can equip that'll make the game better, but if it doesn't grab you early on it probably never will

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Calling him a hipster definitely doesn't give you a better argument. Some people don't enjoy open worlds much, deal with it. Or should we only have "HORIZON IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE" threads?

Oct 26, 2017

"hipsters" lmao

Mar 17, 2018
This person is angry.
Good call on that constructive and amazing post. This forum is about making threads matter. We've been over this same exact thread 500 times already, and it's suspiciously seems to attract the same people. I rarely post in them, but yeah this one is annoying as all hell. Like ten other threads could not have answered your question. At some point you are beating a dead horse to death twice.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Calling him a hipster definitely doesn't give you a better argument. Some people don't enjoy open worlds much, deal with it. Or should we only have "HORIZON IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE" threads?
I mean why would anyone get horizon if they aren't into that type of game? It's pretty clear on what type of game it is.

Mar 17, 2018

Nobody in their right mind is going to come into this thread that has been posted 40 times in the past 4 weeks and give a reasoned argument. Nobody cares anymore. This thread was posted a day ago, and then two days before that, and then two days before that.

It's called SEARCH.

It's not that I think the thread in-itself is bad, it's that clearly everyone at this point knows this thread has been posted 4000 times before. And quite honestly I don't think there is any game other than Horizon that gets this kind of weird attention from people that apparently are just now playing a game with thousands of reviews, videos, et cetera, and they "want to know if it gets better."

It doesn't. Quit the game. Have a nice day.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't. I played it for a few hours. The combat was really boring and the controls felt so clumsy. It's an example of a game that really suffered from not having gyro aim assist. The game has some nice animations to make it feel lifelike but it comes at the expense of being fun to control.

The story and characters aren't engaging either. I literally fell asleep during a cutscene.

Short answer: Basick

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody in their right mind is going to come into this thread that has been posted 40 times in the past 4 weeks and give a reasoned argument. Nobody cares anymore. This thread was posted a day ago, and then two days before that, and then two days before that.

It's called SEARCH.

You can report the thread, explaining there have been identical threads already where this could have been posted, or that such an opinion doesn't deserve another extra thread when we already have a lot of Horizon-threads he could have posted this in. Mods may or may not agree with your stance. Calling the guy hipster just because he doesn't like a game you do shoots down any chance of a decent conversation though.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Can't speak for combat as I only played on Normal. I say it became better once you encounter bigger Machines and more gadgets.

As for sidequests, have you gotten out of Nora territory ? The ones in Nora territory are underwhelming. Still I find most of the sidequests decent at best. However, f you still find them undewhelming, just skip the sidequests and focus on Cauldron and main story. And if don't like the main story (and the lore found in the audiolog), I say drop the game.

Frozen Wild however, I think improves everything from the base game. Much better sidequests, story, characters, open world, and even collectables have story behind them

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
It doesn't. I played it for a few hours. The combat was really boring and the controls felt so clumsy. It's an example of a game that really suffered from not having gyro aim assist. The game has some nice animations to make it feel lifelike but it comes at the expense of being fun to control.

The story and characters aren't engaging either. I literally fell asleep during a cutscene.

Short answer: Basick
Never had trouble aiming myself and the controls are clumsy? How exactly?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Yikes. Hope other Horizon fans don't have this kind of attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.