• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
FAt1ERR.gif

It's hard to believe that two whole years have passed since we released Horizon Zero Dawn. When the game launched on February 28, I was attending GDC and counting down the minutes with a group of fellow Guerrillas and Shuhei Yoshida. Early feedback suggested that we had something special on our hands, but we never suspected that we'd still be receiving daily messages of appreciation from our players in 2019.

And yet, here we are, already well over 10 million copies sold worldwide; the idea that we were able to bring Aloy's journey to so many players is astounding. We've been deeply moved by the enormous amount of fan creations you've posted online, as well as the heartfelt letters you've sent sharing your favorite moments from Aloy's journey.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...anniversary-10-million-copies-sold-worldwide/

Sales history :
- 2.6m in 2 weeks
- 3.4m in 2 months (including 915k digital sales)
- 7.6m in 1 year
- Over 10m in 2 years

From Hermen Hulst - Managing Director and Co-Founder of Guerrilla Games :

From Shu - President of Worldwide Studios

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Well deserved. As much as the story was rubbish, as much as I really enjoyed the game.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Great news! I'm glad guerrilla is the getting the recognition they deserve. Super excited to see what they do next.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's even more impressive than the title since they said "well over 10 million". Big congrats to GG and I can't wait for the sequel! One of my top 3 PS4 exclusive games!

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Very well deserved! It was a fucking joy to play this gorgeous open world robo dino game.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent game and well deserved sales. Horizon 2 on PS5 will be glorious.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. Hopefully they never go back to Killzone and continue making awsome third person action games..

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Amazing sales for new IP.

Congrats Guerilla Games.

Looking forward to the sequel.

And maybe Horizon 2 Multiplayer hehehe...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow its been two years? That probably means the sequel is gonna be a launch game for the PS5. The timing is right.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
oh my god.
CONGRATS GG!!
it is such a fantastic game and for a new exclusive IP to sell that well, is absolutely crazy.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The game and the DLC together were like $20 and sometimes $10 last year.

Happy for the milestone, but hope someone actually made money after the price drop.
It sold 2.5 mil in the first two weeks at full price. It sold 7.6 mil in its first year, well before regular deep discounting like you mentioned happened. The game was clearly and obviously a massive success, and your musing that they didn't make money on it is strange. Late life price drops have been proven to be a good way to get people interested in a game, especially if there is going to be a sequel. Those $20 games may not have drastically improved profits, but they will likely aid the next game's sales by hooking people on it.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yay! Horizon was something else man. Loved every second. Great gaming year.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games of all time. I'm glad GG found their groove and can't wait to see what they have cooking for next gen.