• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Update: Not a Debug Build
www.dsogaming.com

Despite reports, the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn is not a debug build

Yesterday, a report surfaced on Reddit, suggesting that the PC version is actually a debug build of the game. However, that's not the case.

Old Info Below ===================================
All info about the build here:

Also just discovered:

www.resetera.com

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition PC |OT| Red Head Redemption 2 OT

So apparently the PC Version is missing the full Snow deformation effect that the PS4 Version has. I'd say that its a pretty significant oversight on the dev's part. Holyshit. PS4 Version: PC Version: Originally noticed by people in the Steam forums...

Edit: Another dev says that it's not a debug build:

www.dsogaming.com

Despite reports, the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn is not a debug build

Yesterday, a report surfaced on Reddit, suggesting that the PC version is actually a debug build of the game. However, that's not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Big yikes if true.

Like, why even bother if you are not putting an effort? Keep the game on PS4 and don't port it on PC if this is the end result.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Horizon Zero Dawn's pc port is the gift that keeps on giving apparently.
Isnt snow deformation not one of the big things added with the DLC?
Yes it was, its downright baffling how the port developers missed something so obvious.
Why would you fail to include something that is already built on the console version.
This port is so baffling.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
HilariousMenacingAchillestang-small.gif

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are surprised when the port isn't running on a supercharged PC architecture.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After Death Stranding, I figured we'd be safe with Horizon. It may not support DLSS 2.0 but it would at least scale nicely. So I bought it on GMG to save a few bucks.

Now I'm stuck with a crap port and no way to get a refund. Live and learn.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
Did Sony port this game so badly so that PC gamers would never ask for another port again lol

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017
From another comment:

"I had the debug build for a while, and this is not a debug build (debug build is > 100MB exe, this is < 50MB exe, offsets in structs/classes are different at times, debug menus don't work anymore etc. (ok, code is still there, which is normal, every UE4 game ships with a lot of debug code still present too))

Some code might have error messages referenced. I reverse engineer a lot of game engines and most of them have these. It's not enough to conclude it's a 'debug build'."

So yeah, apparently the debug code may still be present but this isn't a debug build.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget to preorder a PC port which you won't know how well it works until you get it!

REMEMBER, NO REFUNDS.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
how do you check the pci express bus?

You can use GPU-Z (launch the program, and then look for the "Bus interface" entry in the main window, it should say Pcie x16 3.0@x16 3.0 or Pcie x16 4.0@x16 4.0) if it's using all the available lanes)
If it doesn't seem to be using them, check with the tool that's at the right of the Bus interface entry, it might be that since it's not under heavy use, it's not doing it, but ingame it would.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Sony better blacklisting Virtuous on doing PC ports for them, if it's not their fault so give more time for them to work on the game, this shouldn't happen with such a important game(for Sony).

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to put off buying this as I'm playing other things and could get it cheaper later, but expected to be tempted by reports of how nice the port is, how nice it looks, etc. Turns out that's been a non-issue.

It's a shame that Sony seems to have cheaped-out on the port job.