• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Machine at 0:14 and 0:26? Looks like a giant Wolf/Lynx hybrid of sorts.
Yea, I think so. I went back and looked at the footage many more times to be certain (but I could still be wrong) but I don't think that they're different. The flame motif, the similarity in design...it's just too close to be different machines in my opinion but then again the Ravager/Sawtooth exist and even more egregious is the Flame/Frost Bellowback. The machine @ 00:00:14 looks larger because it's standing on its hind legs and preparing to expel flames while the machine @ 00:00:26 looks smaller because it isn't attempting to be imposing or spew out flames but their faces, noticeably the ears makes it appear to me they are the same type of machine.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to play Horizon.

Yes, I haven't played Horizon (and I own a Pro).
606b742e_2ns25vsgcjbo.gif

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I felt Aloy story arc was basically over at the end of Zero Dawn, i don't know what to expect from this DLC.

I felt the opposite, more like it was just beginning. I hope future titles delve more into the politics of the current world instead of diving further down into the past and the whole Zero Dawn AI situation. It's one of my main problems with the game's story, I don't care a whole lot about the predictable "how the world ruined itself" stuff, I care way more about the Carja Sun Kingdom and how the reign of their Mad King has changed the political landscape. I'm more interested in the Osaram-Carja alliance than Zero Dawn.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Some people are saying that the 1.4.0 DLC-prep patch that was just released has fixed the water effects in the game. Anyone tested it yet to be able to confirm/deny?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are saying that the 1.4.0 DLC-prep patch that was just released has fixed the water effects in the game. Anyone tested it yet to be able to confirm/deny?

Yeah, took a little video clip of it. Pretty basic shader effect but it's convincing enough, and looks a lot better than what we had.

38058075611_cab9ceedff_o.gif

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
A tough call next week - Frozen Wilds on my Pro, or the games I've been holding off on until my X arrives (Mordor, Wolf2, and Orgins).

Thankfully I am off work next week ;p

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of this game but damnnnn this engine is a technological marvel, the single biggest software achievement of this generation.

Sony should make it the common platform across all of its studios

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cool trailer but it kind of felt...lacking almost. Either they are hiding the story elements because its pretty deep or there just isn't much to it, because going by that trailer it just felt like a new machine and some interactive snow.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else thought for a moment that when she jumps on top of that bird machine, Aloy will be able to fly?

cappers

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I missed this game the first time around, & the DLC looks incredible. Does it play as a continuation of the main story (Witcher3 style) or as a completely separate story? I wonder if I could start out the game on this DLC, or would need to play the main story first.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I missed this game the first time around, & the DLC looks incredible. Does it play as a continuation of the main story (Witcher3 style) or as a completely separate story? I wonder if I could start out the game on this DLC, or would need to play the main story first.
Hard to say for sure, but there are some big revelations in the main game that I have to imagine would be part of the DLC's story.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer looked cool, but didn't particularly excite me. But that doesn't really matter, as the main game was so good that I'll buy this anyway.

Villaran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I'm still in 1.34. Some can confirm the patch 1.40 is out for everybody?
I tried force the download but my PS4 says that I have the last version

Vengerberg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else thought for a moment that when she jumps on top of that bird machine, Aloy will be able to fly?
I heard multiple people already speculating and hoping for riding the bird robots and got really excited. So when they showed that scene, I half expected that to happen too.

I found the trailer to be a bit underwhelming. It hardly showed any real new stuff. Something like riding a bird, a new type of robot, new skills, would have sold me on the DLC immediately. Now I'm thinking of waiting for the first discount.

OpiaN

Oct 29, 2017
Riding a Stormbird would be insane, but i guess we'll have to wait for the sequel for that.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I found the trailer to be a bit underwhelming. It hardly showed any real new stuff. Something like riding a bird, a new type of robot, new skills, would have sold me on the DLC immediately. Now I'm thinking of waiting for the first discount.
I think the guy with the pointy ears at 0:25 is new?

2th

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone.

I did spend a few weeks at Guerrilla working on the trailer, although the trailer was mostly finished in the first week lol. I Had a ton of fun, a few hangovers and got to chill with and meet a whole bunch of great people. It was also awesome to hear Hermen shout Legend whenever he saw me in the office. :D

Damn nice work man. Congrats on going from gifs to a trailer!

Also, for anyone artistic and doesnt want to buy the DLC, i have a contest going over on reddithttps://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/788i4m/hauntedhorizon_super_spooky_frozen_wilds_dlc/

Last edited:

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
Not sure how much of this new information has already appeared in this thread, but a colleague was in the behind-closed-doors at PGW earlier today and gotthis info- including DLC will add ~15 hours of gameplay:

Rather than having The Frozen Wilds as specific endgame DLC content, Guerilla has designed it to run alongside the main quest line of Horizon Zero Dawn.

We're told that you're able to access it relatively early on, although whether you'll want to is another story altogether since it's designed as mid-to-end game levels of difficulty.

This means that in theory players could tackle parts of The Frozen Wilds and then take those extra abilities and equipment back into the main quest line should they so decide.

We're also told that the expansion has far improved mo-cap and animation, but unfortunately, this isn't a game wide update, and players will only notice these improvements in The Frozen Wilds content .

Guerrilla confirmed that players can expect "at least 15 hours of additional content" through the expansion, and "a lot" of side quests on top of the main quest, however, that is merely the tip of the Frozen Wilds iceberg.
The Frozen Wilds DLC will also feature a brand new 'posed' Photo mode and in the example we saw Aloy was on the floor, making snow angels.

Oct 27, 2017
Being denied a trademark registration doesn't mean you can't use the name. It is just more difficult to enforce rights in the name against others.

The owner of the competing mark could always sue, of course. There will probably be a settlement between the parties eventually.
Anyone have more info on this? Didn't know there was a dispute.

Also. Awesome work Sunhi

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Loved horizon. Don't know what is it about snow setting in video games that puts me off. Is frozen wild all in snowy places?

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Loved horizon. Don't know what is it about snow setting in video games that puts me off. Is frozen wild all in snowy places?

I'm the opposite, I didn't really like the desert areas but loved the snow ones. In games like horizon and drive club the snow just looks great and are my favourite looking parts of the games.

Chris Kay

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait to dive in to this. Upgraded to a 4K HDR TV in the mean time so the snow will look extra crispy when I return!

Oct 27, 2017
Cool trailer but it kind of felt...lacking almost. Either they are hiding the story elements because its pretty deep or there just isn't much to it, because going by that trailer it just felt like a new machine and some interactive snow.

I feel the same way. I greatly enjoyed the game but the DLC just feels like more combat encounters, which isn't enticing enough for me when there are so many great games to play at the moment.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i understand why it isn't, but i kinda wish this was a stand alone physical release expansion.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone.

I did spend a few weeks at Guerrilla working on the trailer, although the trailer was mostly finished in the first week lol. I Had a ton of fun, a few hangovers and got to chill with and meet a whole bunch of great people. It was also awesome to hear Hermen shout Legend whenever he saw me in the office. :D

DUUUUDE that's awesome