• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely gorgeous DLC. I need to play through the whole game again on my PS4 Pro +4K TV. Get that sweet, sweet beauty to be even more of a beaut. The improvement from base game to Frozen Wilds was pretty good and quite apparent (whether that be good or bad, I don't care hehe).

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That trial on ultra hard. You know the one. Jesus fucking christ I suffered so much until I did it.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really loved Horizon and it was one of the best PS4 games for me, but still haven't played DLC and forgot it.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017

:D

Loved it, reinstalled it again recently as I love snow level in games especially around winter time and as far as snow and snowy environments go it's one of the best. Plus the Scorcher is awesome, love the design and it's one of my favorite machines to fight in the whole game.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was an excellent expansion to the game, loved every minute of it.

I especially liked the increase in difficulty. Those giant fire bears or whatever they were. I once had the unfortunate luck to have two of them attack me at once and then a couple smaller machines join in. Ran my ass off to try and survive. Good times.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best pieces of DLC content for any game ever.

Horizon is almost 2 years old but continues to be an incredibly impressive game.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, already been a year?

I have yet to finish the DLC. Probably 60% already

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still didnt play it sadly, but I heard it improved every single aspect of the main game, especially sidequests, so I am looking forward to playing it.

I am sad to say the expansion lacks much of what made the main game good

Especially the story is just very low quality in conparison and gameplaywise nothing new is added

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Man that first fight is a doozy. I had totally forgotten how to play and they throw me up against the big mofo? Pretty game but it gave me so much anxiety I put it down and haven't played since lol

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
It's a beautiful game and an awesome world. This was great DLC as well. Can't wait to see more of it in the future.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I still need to pick this up. Hadn't finished the base game yet so I'd been waiting.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Fantastic addition to the main game, fight the new big bad machine felt like fighting a great boss in Dark Souls. The further we get away from when the game was released the closer we get to a sequel. Cannot wait for more of Aloy and Zero Dawn.

OP
OP
Much

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

:D

Loved it, reinstalled it again recently as I love snow level in games especially around winter time and as far as snow and snowy environments go it's one of the best. Plus the Scorcher is awesome, love the design and it's one of my favorite machines to fight in the whole game.

It was actually your tweet that reminded me to make this thread. I was going to make it and completely forgot about it, so thanks for the reminder. I don't even think I need to say that's a beautiful gif at this point. :)

One of the best pieces of DLC content for any game ever.

Horizon is almost 2 years old but continues to be an incredibly impressive game.

Agreed.

You need to play this already, damn it!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Loved the setting/story of the DLC but... found it to be less fun than the base game. It's been a year since I've played it so it's hard to remember why. I think it's that the new big enemies take a LOT to wittle down, so it frustrated me.

Probably because I'm too stubborn to turn down the difficulty.

Forgive me, queen Aloy.

Give me Horizon: One Dawn for PS5 launch PLEASE.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it a few days ago, great dlc. This game just looks so good, the snow deformation is fantastic, love it when a robot is projected along the ground because of my blows and leaves that perfect trail in the snow.

Mar 17, 2018
One of the best DLCs on PlayStation, together with The Old Hunters. Man I love The Frozen Wilds. Put another ~30 hours into it to find & get everything. It's beautiful and the sound effects are fantastic!

Too bad it's the only DLC for this amazing game. I hope Sony goes the "Dark Souls" route with its singleplayer 1st party games. Make at least 2 great (big) DLCs/Expansions like Dark Souls does. I want more of these great games :)

Yeah I think because it was a first game they wanted to get moving on the next big thing. I agree in that sense. GG will be there for launch PS5 probably unless it's already next year.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Horizon is the reason I bought a PS4 Pro around this time last year, got the complete edition and finished the main story but haven't gotten back to finish the Frozen Wilds, hell I haven't played anything on my Pro since April or May.

=\

Oct 31, 2017
Bought my pro for this game and wasn't disappointed. The dlc was better than the main game in almost everyway.

Deleted member 2099

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, I barely touched Monster Hunter World and seeing this ALONE makes me want to complete my hunter character and have this as my hunter profile background. That's how much I love Horizon Zero Dawn and Aloy.

And to demonstrate it even more, I specifically got my PS4Pro just for Horizon Zero Dawn and Aloy. And this is coming from someone who loves and plays Nintendo and PC games.

Not sure if there was a Happy Birthday thread for the game itself, but if there was and I missed it then... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Horizon Zero Dawn and Aloy! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY The Frozen Wilds!

I can't wait for Horizon Zero Dawn 2!

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to finish the main game the last 2 weeks, spent the weekend farming Thunderjaws for mods and shards. The environments in the game all look unique and beg to be explored. I get easily sidetracked just running around looking for machines to kill or doing side quests. I definitely plan on going through the DLC after I finish the game, it sounds amazing.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to see if I remember how to play this at all. Bought but never played the DLC. I originally finished HZD back in April of last year. LOL

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
I am playing HZD for the first time right now and am getting near the end of The Frozen Wilds. Simply gorgeous and so much fun. I great balance of thrilling, strategic fights with just mellow exploring.

Elysiums

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Best looking game ever and on top of that the gameplay is super fun and responsive.

This is one of my favorite games of all time.

39207144481_025ac2a303_k.jpg

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I will just advise you that if you want to get all the trophies in The Frozen Wilds, I would not recommend NG+ Ultra Hard since one of the optional trials is just ridiculous (time-constraints). Aside from that, it's still very good on NG+ Ultra Hard. :)
Yup, that trial was the only time in the entire game where I had to turn down the difficulty level to get all the trophies.

The game is so close to perfection to me.

Deleted member 43446

Banned
May 15, 2018
Found it pretty good, it's definitely more challenging than the base game but the new weapons make up for it, and they help a lot for the NG+ Ultra Hard mode.

Rev_Nessus

Nov 22, 2017
I played it while waiting for my Xbox One X to arrive and update. It was an amazing DLC on my Pro, loved every quest and encounter and the snow. The new weapons where OK, but everything else was excellent.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the time I personally wanted to know more about the scifi and the lore of the past in the DLC, but fleshing out the tribes's mythologies happens to be another point of attraction for some fans. I'm one of those that poured over every audiopoint and datapoints in the sci fi sections but mostly skipped those telling the story of the tribes. I'll play the DLC again before Xmas and see if I get more into the tribal stuff.

Side note: As much as a fan I am about the game's sci-fi and fantasy storytelling, this year I've been going over the game's story from other perspectives, like mythological and anthropological perspectives. Moving Pixels podcast had a spoiler discussion a few months ago where they touched on the different types of mythological stories:

1) the primordial or birthing mythologies
2) The God mythologies
3) The age of heroes

They brought this up to explain where a sequel might go as far as a dramatic story. In their opinion
Aloy roaming the world to restore Gaia would be boring.

Which is personally shocking to me, because from my sci-fi interest that plot point would be fascinating, but its cool that someone takes a completely different interest in a story that I haven't considered as much)

https://soundcloud.com/popmatters/t...matters/sets/moving-pixels-podcasts#t=1:43:34

(Don't know how to embed soundcloud links)

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
As someone who just started the main game (Just finished The Proving) when should I start doing DLC stuff?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Frozen Wilds is the best DLC I've ever purchased. It really added so much to the story and the addition of Cyan added another layer to the story that I really appreciated.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I super loved the DLC, it was a great addition to the game. I really need to replay it on a harder mode.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you do the DLC before

the Deep Secrets Of The Earth mission

It adds new dialogue strands there. Even old lines are rerecorded.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I actually bought my PS4 following HZD's release, and TFW was an excellent DLC.
Can't wait to see what they release next.