• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Robert McCammon's Swan Song if you like the The Stand type of reads.

Straight horror and super disturbing The Girl Next Door by Ketchum. Just be forewarned.

Oct 28, 2017
Last book that truly scared me was A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay. Really great exorcism-based story with memorable set pieces and characters.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Robert McCammon's Swan Song if you like the The Stand type of reads.

Straight horror and super disturbing The Girl Next Door by Ketchum. Just be forewarned.
god I just googled The Girl Next Door and I need it, but aparently there´s no kindle version and for some reason is a small fortune in the brazil amazon :/

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Troop by Nick Cutter - utterly disgusting body horror about a troop of boy scouts getting wrecked by parasitic worms.

The Ritual by Adam Neville - a grueling supernatural survival story about some friends lost in the woods.

The Spire in the Woods by Tony Lunedi - a short novel that started as a creepypasta. It's just a really fucked up story.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer

Really strange and unsettling. It isn't really like the movie if you've seen that. What they both capture is this feeling of cosmic horror, things you can't understand.

Oct 30, 2017
I really enjoyed reading Weaveworld by Clive Barker. Maybe more dark fantasy than straight up horror, but very nice nonetheless.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
Some great replies in here! Horror, especially literary horror, is my favorite genre so I've read a bunch.

Seconding recommendations for The Terror, The Fisherman, Head Full of Ghosts (and all of Paul Tremblay's other books while you're at it, he's one of my favorite modern horror authors), House of Leaves, anything by Joe Hill (particularly NOS4A2 and Heart Shaped Box) and most anything by Stephen King. Both The Terror and The Fisherman stayed with me for a while.

I also highly recommend Nick Cutter. He's got 4 books out right now: The Troop, The Deep, The Acolyte, and Little Heaven. I enjoyed all of them. The Troop was a little gross for my liking, but the others weren't nearly as gross.

Other recs:
The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle
The Ritual by Adam Nevill (started out strong but had a weak second half imo)
American Elsewhere by Robert Jackson Bennett
Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Some ladies for your reading list:
Come Closer by Sara Gran
Seed by Ania Ahlborn
The Hunger by Alma Katsu

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but I've read most of these in the past few years and really enjoyed them.
Thanks for the recommendations. Is The Fisherman not avaible as eBook? Can't find any store in Europe that sells it as an eBook.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Joe Mayberry Patient Zero

Not exactly horror but very entertaining. Like Die Hard plus zombies.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Wylding Hall By Elizabeth Hand

When the young members of a British acid-folk band are compelled by their manager to record their unique music, they hole up at Wylding Hall, an ancient country house with dark secrets. There they create the album that will make their reputation, but at a terrifying cost: Julian Blake, the group's lead singer, disappears within the mansion and is never seen or heard from again.

Now, years later, the surviving musicians, along with their friends and lovers—including a psychic, a photographer, and the band's manager—meet with a young documentary filmmaker to tell their own versions of what happened that summer. But whose story is true? And what really happened to Julian Blake?

Short book, too, at under 200 pages.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations. Is The Fisherman not avaible as eBook? Can't find any store in Europe that sells it as an eBook.
It is in America for sure - I believe the OP bought it as an eBook and it looks like Amazon's selling the Kindle version for $6.99 on the US store. I have a physical copy and I'm glad I did, because the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
41W3Uyqu1EL.jpg

06d9780db84fb0f9126ba7bebb54a362.jpg

41DtDEcVwvL.jpg